October 5, 2010

Lethe's Interview with Antevorte about her fic 'Truth Is A Whisper'


Truth Is A Whisper by Antevorte

Summary: In the cold December of 2007, Isabella Marie Swan fled from her small town called Forks. As news spread of her leaving, everyone became surprised and shocked. But, the most shocked of all was the three most important people in her life. No one knows where she is, what happened to her or if she was even alive.

Three years later, in Manhattan, New York, Bella was a new and completely different person than before. As she slowly forget who she was, she crossed paths with her ex-lover, Edward Cullen. Will her secret finally get revealed? Or will she run away like before?

This fic is seriously the first AU-Human fic I’ve ever read. And I fucking loved it.

I loved the way how Antevorte gets straight to the point yet still leaving a hint of mystery that will have us begging for more. And yes this story wasn’t hers but she’s making it into her own, and I’m seriously wrapped around her little finger because of it.

TIAW starts with our lil runaway Bella seeing her ex-lover Edward with Alice. The prologue is being narrated by our dear Edward so we know how much pain he had gone with B leaving him behind. Then as the story progress, we hear more of Bella’s thoughts, and each chapter answers the questions that we seek but still leaves more unanswered questions. Normally, I would be irritated but with the way Antevorte forms the words, I’m not.

I’m not gonna spoil anything to those that haven’t read it yet, but here’s an interview that might give you more of the push you need to go clicking into another tab or window to read this fanfic.


X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Me: Hey, Antevorte. Thanks for lettin’ me interview you in such a short time.
Antevorte: Puh-lease, Lethe. Just call me Raisha :p I’m like uber nervous so calling me by my penname makes me it all professionally and makes me even more nervous *laughs nervously*
Me: *laughs* Okay, okay, Raisha. So let’s get this started, yeah?
Antevorte: *nods*

1. What was it that gave you the ‘spark’ for your story?   Was it a picture? A moment or event? Can you remember the initial inspiration?
There wasn’t exactly an ‘ah-hah!’ moment. All I knew was that one minute I was just re-reading the Twilight Saga for the umpteenth time, the next I took a shower. That was when I began imagining Bella running away from Forks, leaving everything behind. Surprisingly, most of my ideas for this story comes from taking a nice shower. *laughs* 

2. Ahaha…I’ll have to remember that if I plan on writing. But, I’m pretty sure it might just be you. So, do you have a particular process when it comes to your writing, perhaps a certain mood, environment or music? Do you have any ‘triggers’ to get you in the writing mood? 
Triggers? No, I don’t. But I do have a procedure to get to writing. First I close all of my Google Chrome windows, sit on the floor  (or on my bed) with pillows behind me, put my iTunes library on shuffle, open a blank, new document and start writing. Or

3. Alright, give us an elevator pitch. Say you’re in an elevator with a prospective reader for 2 minutes – what would you tell them about the story?
I’m never good w/ this kind of stuff, but I would say: ‘Read this fic if you would like to see Bella transform from dependent to independent, and want to see adults act like teenagers – minus the dramas without reason.’

4. Do you picture particular actors for your characters, or are they someone else entirely? If so, who?
Well, I try to combine the actors/actresses playing the characters, and the characters that I had imagined before the movie came out. Other than that, no.
  
5. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I’m a Virgo, which means I’m usually organized, but when it comes to TIAW I’m anything but an organizer. So, unfortunately, I’d go with the latter for this question.

6. Do you have a Beta and would you like to give him/her a shoutout here?
I’m part of PTB, so I get many betas. But I did find one permanent beta and that is LoriAnnTwiFan. If she were to say bow down to her, heck, I’ll do it and even add in ‘I am not worthy.’ Seriously, I don’t know how I started TIAW without her amazing beta skills. But, I would also like to thank the other betas who had reviewed my chapters ;3

7. Knowing you, you might, but just in case: Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
*laughs* Am I that predictable? Right now, I have Dear Mnemosyne. But, I do plan on having one or two more projects seeing as the evil plot bunnies won’t leave me alone :p If I were my fans, I would recommend on visiting my blog to see if I do or don’t and for teasers for the stories I’ve written.

8. What was it that brought you to Twilight fanfic?  What is it that has kept you here (besides your own writing)
It was my cousin, StareeLei. She introduced me to Twilight & the fandom. If it wasn’t for her, I’d still be sitting on my bed doing nothing. *laughs* Aside from writing, it has to be Mimi-Love-4Ever, Ohmyitsv, and the other writers that I met. I know that I can always go to them whenever I have a writer’s block or need advice, especially Mimi & V. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside…hehe!

9. Do you have a background in writing? I remember you telling me you didn’t. 
Yep, I don’t.  The only writing I’ve ever did was essays and book reports. And that’s completely different from what I’m doing now because when I did those I would be uber bored whereas when I write my stories, I have fun J

10. *laughs* I think most of the authors that write fanfiction would agree with you there ;) How about your creative self-confidence?  By nature writers tend to be a notoriously insecure lot so how are you finding the online writing experience?
Honestly, I’m pretty insecure so when I post up a chapter I immediately check every hour (frealz!) to see if I’ve gotten reviews. The good reviews make me bubbly inside, while the constructive ones changes me to try and follow what they had said while still being ‘me.’ Does that make sense? lol

11. Yeah, I think I get what you mean. So here’s the question that I’ve been wanting to ask: Do you tell your friends and family that you’re an online author with a devoted following, or is this something that you tend to keep for yourself?
Friends, no. Family, yes. I’m unsure of what my friends would think so I tend to just keep it to my family and myself (like I said, I’m pretty insecure!). But, I’m pretty sure some of my friends know what’s going on, well at least they know that I write stories.

12. This is such a cliché question, but I gotta ask. Is there a particular character in your story that you identify with the most?  
I’ve never really thought about this, but since you brought it up, I’m pretty sure that it would be Alice. I’ve had someone leave me before, and though I haven’t confronted said person, I’m pretty sure I would’ve done what Alice did on Chapter 5 lol.

13. I recall you telling me that you’re a bookworm. Are there any RL authors that have inspired you?
Ugh! There are just so much authors that have inspired me. I mean, there’s Meg Cabot, Sarah Dessen, J.K Rowling, Amy Tan, SMeyer (of course!), and so much more. There have also been some books, but I don’t remember the authors :P

14. Then what about FF authors?   What was it that had you reading FF and thinking “I could do this”?
There really wasn’t any FF authors that have helped seeing as I was a newbie. But would my cousin count? *chuckles*

15. What advice would you give to an aspiring fanfic writer?
I would say, just write. It doesn’t matter who the characters are, what’s the plotline, and etc etc. All it matters is you write because after you write the rest will follow. At least, that’s how it was for me J

16. Give us a Random Fact about yourself…anything about anything.
Well I practically told the most randomest facts on my FFN & Twilighted profile *laughs* But what I didn’t mention is that I prefer laying on the floor than sleeping on my bed. I’m not even sure why, it’s just that.

17. Now, here are two questions that everyone has answers for: What is your FanFic and Fandom pet peeve?
Oh man! For fanfic (and I’m just saying what most people want to), it would be sentences that doesn’t make sense because there’s absolutely no grammar, punctuation, and spelling usage. It drives me insane!! Like there was this one fic that I read, and it was so badly written that I was cringing every time I saw another sentence. It was awful for me!
Me: Ooh. I know what you mean. But hey that’s what betas are for, right?
Antevorte: Right!

Me: So, fandom pet peeve?
Antevorte: Hate to say this, but none. Absolutely none…not yet at least. I haven’t really had time to really explore the fandom realm but I’m positive that I’ll most likely fine one.

Me: Ahaha…I’ll remember to ask you when you’re more around. So, before I end this whole thing, care to add anything else that I didn’t question? Like a shoutout message to fans or any last minute thank yous?
Antevorte: For my fans, if I don’t answer to your reviews, please know that I still love you and appreciate what you wrote. I just tend to answer to those that have questions or a comment that I need to reply J And as for last minute thank yous, I just want to thank everyone that I know because, whether they know it or not, they’ve all contributed to this story by either being an encouraging friend or just by cheering for me. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!! <3 <3

Me: Nice last message ;) Thanks soooooo much for coming out here and becoming my first interviewee person. *chuckles* And I’m so sorry for this thing to take like forever especially because you’re sick too.
Antevorte: No problem *hugs* And we’re all busy, and I’ve been sick for almost a month now so it doesn’t really matter. But I’m still grateful to you for doing this. Hehe!
Me: *hugs* Oh pssha! You know that’s not a biggie, I had fun.
Antevorte: Heheh! Same here. TTYL.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment