September 29, 2010

Undiscovered Gems


Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Rising Star by HopeReborn, on FFn, TWCS, MVF

Summary: One year has passed since the departure of the Volturi, and everything seemingly returned to a normal rhythm in the town of Forks;  Leah moved on, studying and working toward her goals. But her life soon changed greater than she ever expected when a new resident with a sad past and powers beyond imagination arrived in Forks. She instantly felt attracted to him; and she found that their role together in the world could be far greater than they ever imagined. Will they be strong enough as one to defeat an old enemy of the Volturi who is back killing every vampire in his wake?

Why should you read my story?
I'm really bad when I try to promote myself, but let's try. My story is a Post Breaking Dawn story, and I introduced a new character that isn't a vamp, a shape-shifter or a true werewolf. He is almost human, and has a lot of issues about what he was. If this wasn't enough, I'm using some elements from Twilight Saga few detailed. Basically, I think Leah is shape-shifter for a reason. What reason? This is secret yet. here is a review from other site:

Where did I get my inspiration?
From three sources: Twilight saga (of course), Superhero comics and Spiritist Books. To combine these elements is a big challenge. And I'm not a native English writer!

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
The best thing? The clash of worlds. I always wondered what could happen if someone from science world meet someone from supernatural world. That could be go so wrong. But I think I'm going well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Summary: Bella has just graduated high school and goes out with her best friend to celebrate.  Hot tub skinny dipping and a one night stand opens her eyes.  Maybe being single isn't so great after all.... 

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
I don't really consider myself a "writer" to be honest.  I do it for fun, and love it.   I like to make my characters different from the norm, and I like to put them in funny/awkward situations...

Where did you get inspiration?
This was originally a oneshot for foxyfics.  I was going to post it after the charity, but I decided to make it into a multichap.  I integrated my personality into Bella and my best friend into Kate, especially how we were at 18.  My cig of choice then was camel 9's and I have a THING for guys with tattoos and such...so I thought, why not? 
(some things that happen in here really happened to us at that age....no I won't admit what haha)

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
What I like best is that Bella isn't a "Mary Jane.". I get tired of reading virginal Bella or Edward falling head over heels at first sight.  I like conflict, and realness. I also love the Bella/Kate friendship, which I have gotten a lot of good response about. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment