August 11, 2010

Undiscovered Gems


Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)












Summary: I hope this never ends. Jacob finally proposes to Nessie. What happens when Edward and Bella won't allow it? They decide to go to Vegas of course. But they need a plan and they know exactly when to strike. 'Family game night. Long one shot

The questions now!

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Because this one story, shows a humorous side to the Cullen family, and the struggle Renesmee and Jacob have to go through for love. It's humorous, it's dramatic, it's romantic. It's got lines I hope people won't forget, and it's a well written, long-!- one shot.

Where did you get inspiration?
Well from a few of things. One, the fact that I have never written a Renesmee and Jacob fic, and I'd wanted to try it. Two, I thought the idea of having to sneak off to Vegas to get married was funny. not to mention that fact that, they aren't bringing two people together- Rensmee and Jacob- they are bringing together an ancient treaty. A werewolf/shapeshifter, and a half vampire. Both freaks of nature, and the person marrying them having no idea! :) Three a contest that I thought was worth entering. And finally, the actual song Airplanes. I wanted to play around with the song a bit, hence the part in the story that goes.  
I l looked at Jacob through the corner of my eye. He was still staring up at the sky. "Look!" He pointed to the sky, making me avert my eyes from him to see a shooting star. "A shooting star" He whispered. "Are you sure it's not an airplane?" I asked with a smile. Jacob grinned at me. "It better not be" He half threatened. I laughed. It was a real shooting star. "Make a wish," I whispered.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
The fact that it's sweet, romantic, it involves a huge struggle for Nessie and Jacob, but it still displays the funny side of Twilight.

I hope you enjoy my fic :)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Belgravia by MsRobPattzMasen

Summery: She just wanted some fun in London. He just wanted to forget and move on. Can they do this with each other? Do both their wants mix? Or will they find something they were not after, but both needed? AU/AH B&E rated NC-17 for lemons


WHY should I (the reader) read your story? It's a fun/agusty/humorous/romantic tall of two people from different places and walks of life finding hope and life in each other. I did fall off with updates, but I already have written the next three chapters and they keep coming. So, updates are often. I'm a dedicated author who more then wanting readers wants to find friends. It's a story that is close to me. 

Where did you get inspiration? I had this idea for a one-shot after a hot weekend with the boyfriend (now hubby!). I don't want to give it away, but it dealt with role playing. After I posted Be Somebody the one-shot and got a great response the thoughts of how they met would not leave me alone. I had some idea's of the characters, but not enough to write it. A month later I traveled with my husband to visit his family in London. As we walked around in Belgravia one day the idea's of those characters living here would not leave me alone. The day we got home I wrote the out line for Belgravia. 

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic? My Edward. I love him. The chapters play and switch with both POV's and Edward's is a pure joy to write. He is dark, mysterious, sarcastic, and has some of the best inner monologues. We haven't gotten fully into his head in posted chapters, but I think the readers will be in for a treat! 


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment