Banner courtesy of Sarah Elizabeth.
Summary: Bella Swan lives a dull life, but when a trip to the emergency room brings her to the Cullens, everything changes. Things are not all roses and sunshine though, there are attacks on women at the local campus of UW and it’s got everyone worried. Everyone needs chances, but what happens when someone chooses the wrong one?
Hey! Venomousgal here, wanting to give you the goods on this amazingly fun fic. I am lucky to count Nikki aka Amorebella88 as one of my h00rs! I met Nikki when she started following one of my own fics and our friendship grew from there. When I found out that she had written something of her own, I almost tripped over myself to log onto my computer to read it. I was not disappointed. In fact, I was hooked.
Nikki’s Bella has a hilarious inner dialogue that makes you both want to cringe at times and laugh out loud at others. Her characters, although at times OOC, are amazingly well written and familiar. As a reader you can relate easily to them. I am proud to say that both myself and my alter ego Ellie aka pomme_de_terre moonlight as characters in this fun-filled tale. Oh yeah, did I mention the lemons? Or should I say, Bella’s lemony imagination?
If you haven’t gone and read this story yet, stop twiddling your thumbs and run, don’t walk. I fully endorse and support the madness that makes up this talented piece. Jump in folks and enjoy the ride!
Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
- Hmm, well, I suppose I looked at all of the other stories I’ve read and thought about what wasn’t in them. Most of the plot-lines are about unrequited love and heartbreak whereas my story has that too, but the main thing is seizing life and what happens randomly because of it. My inspiration was that I thought of the story as a movie, ‘What would be the crux of the picture, why would I want to watch it in the first place?’ Murder plots always do well in theaters and I saw it as an opportunity to capitalize on that.
Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
- That I truly appreciate the fact that they like the story. I’ve got a huge self-esteem complex and undermine myself on more occasions I could count and having other people validate me makes me feel like I’m flying. I don’t even listen to my mom when she says I’m great at something. I know it sounds completely narcissistic, but it’s the truth. If I could, I would do something extra special for my readers, like send chocolates, or Robporn or something. Oh! And I’d tell them that fun times are ahead, as well as a big twist! So be on the lookout!
Why should readers read your story?
- I think it’s hilarious. Sometimes I re-read what I’ve written and go, “What the hell?” and crack up. Plus, it’s so relatable it’s scary. Everything that happens in Chances is completely plausible in real life too. This is just one girl’s story of how things happen in her life. And also, I write some pretty good smut, even if it is cock-blocked most of the time.
So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&M’s, drink heavily whatever…?
- Well, first I have to have the day off. I need to be totally relaxed and in the mood to write, or I won’t be able to think at all and I’ll just stare at the computer for hours on end. I need to have something on in the background. If I decide that I want the TV on, I’ll turn the volume down super low so it’s only a background noise. If the TV’s off then I’ll listen to music. Pop/Punk/Ballads are what I usually listen to. Fall Out Boy, Pink, Rihanna, the soundtrack to High School Musical 3 actually got me pretty goin’ one day.
What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
- If I have time, I’ll hopefully start writing the next chapter, or maybe I’ll write a little bit of something else I have up my sleeve. I might turn off the computer and have a drink to celebrate my achievement, but only if I don’t have to work the next day.
Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
- There are certain songs that hit me and are just perfect for the story, but I don’t really keep track of them. I’d be surprised if someone else had a soundtrack for the story, actually I’d like to hear what they have on it.
What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella? You can link pics that inspire you if you like….
- I don’t really picture any actors or actresses as MY Edward and Bella. Truth be told, I kinda see myself as Bella and a completely hunky, green-eyed guy as Edward without any real face to him. I will give you this picture as a close Edward I have pictured in my head…
You know, just get rid of the stubble cause I like my guys, even literary, clean shaven.
Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
- I do have an outline but it’s more of a generalized “I-want-this-to-happen” kinda thing. It’s not detailed enough to give me step-by-step instructions on what to write next. I wish it was. It’d make my writing a little easier to accomplish.
Do you have a posting Schedule? If so what is it?
- I try to stick with once a week to bi-weekly. It all really depends on if work calls me in or if I’ve been feelin’ the writing muse.
Do you believe in HEA?
- Of course. I wouldn’t write a story that didn’t have the possibility of a HEA, there’s too much depression and bad ju-ju in the world. I feel, why not make something happy that I can control?
Give me a list of your current projects AND do you have any more fic plans in the future?
- Current projects include Chances, obviously. There are two other one-shots I’m also currently working on at the moment as well. There is a possibility that I’ll be sort of continuing the first one-shot I ever wrote, Just Thinking. My first priority is getting a better hold on Chances before I start on another big project. I entered the 2nd Annual “For My Valentine” contest over at FanFiction and didn’t place, but have plans to continue that one over at Twilighted due to the reviews it received. It may have to wait a little bit before I work on it some more. So yeah, I have a few things up my sleeve…
What is your background in writing?
- Basic schooling. I took journalism and creative writing in high school, as well as a class in college that was titled “Writing for Children” only because the reading list had Harry Potter on it. (Insert dork jokes here) I wrote my first fledged story in the 8th grade and everyone in my humanities class was passing around the pages, reading it during silent reading time. I thought that was pretty cool.
What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
- I started reading fanfic during the wait for the fifth Harry Potter book. I needed someone to be with me on the “Ron-and-Hermione-belong-together” bandwagon and went searching for a fix. I’ve been hooked ever since. I hadn’t heard of Twilight before the movie came out, sadly. I did make myself read the book before going to see it, though. The book was what got me hooked in the first place, Rob was just an added bonus.
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SM’s, which one would you choose and would you do? (If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards, feel to substitute an actor here: Rob, Kellan, PFach, or Jackson.)
- Oh, Lord that’s a tough one… I’d say, shoot, can I mix them together? I love SM’s Edward, he’s romantic and it just melts my heart at some of the things he says. But I love a lot of the FF Edwards too. Oh, and you know what I would be doing with them. That whole virtue thing would be out the window in a heartbeat. I could work 15 minutes to my advantage, totally.
What is your FF pet peeve?
- Honestly, to see Bella pregnant. There are some stories out there that I adore where she’s pregnant, but I just like characters to be free, unburdened by a bun in the oven. That and Rosalie being a witch with a capital B, it’s too overused and there’s no valid reason behind it usually.
Which character in your fic do you identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
- I identify with Bella a lot. She is basically me, everything that’s happened to her, has happened to me at one point or another. Her inner monologue is completely stolen from my head. I’d take my Edward to be with, romantically. I think he’s kind of down to Earth every once in a while, plus I like it when I write dirty things for him to say and do. Shoot, when I write him, I write things that I want to happen to me, so why the hell not be with him while I’m writing from my point of view.
Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
- J.K. Rowling. Any one person who can get millions upon millions of kids to read is utterly amazing in my book. She came from nothing, had a vision of an orphaned boy and became an icon. It baffles me that real life can happen that way. No FF authors really inspire me, but they do support me and give me advice, for that I am eternally grateful. (You know who you are, ladies)
Any recs for us?
- Jesus, I have a few, yeah… “…Becomes the Swan”, “Not Like This”, “Rescue Me”, “No Place Like Home”, “Hidden Beauty”, and “The Wingman”. I believe all of them can be found at Twilighted and they’re all excellent.
If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your question be?
- Rob, “Dude, blankie or no blankie, and can I see it privately?” Hey, I’m a perv at heart!