April 11, 2010

Undiscovered Gems Volume 4

Photobucket
Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)
Welcome back to a new episode of "Undiscovered Gems"! Lean back and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unpleasant Acquaintances by juliebutterfly

Summary: When Bella and Edward meet for the first time it's anything but love at first sight. But maybe fate or Alice has other plans

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
This is not another story where B&E meet and instantly they fall in love and it's all happy happy from there. I wanted to show that love isn't always easy and you dont always fall in love at first sight, there may things you're not aware off that complicates things.

Where did you get inspiration?
I wasn't really planning on writing fanfiction but suddenly I had these scenes playing around in my head, so I guess my inspiration comes from everyday experinces and my surroundings.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I like the humor and the banter between my characters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sand, Surf and Sex by m_loves_lemons

Summary: Bella moves to Manhattan Beach when her mom dies in a car accident. When she moves into her dad’s beach house she secretly admires the neighbours son, who secretly admires her too.

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
You should read my story because its funny, and I wrote my characters Edward and Bella, fairly different from their twilight personalities.

Where did you get inspiration?
My inspiration, well duh, that yummy man god named Robert Pattinson and the vision of him dancing in my head wet on a surf board.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
The best thing about my fic, I would have to say is that Bella has a sassy feisty attitude, she takes charge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Reality by juliebutterfly

Summary: Some things don't take a break for the holidays, but how do you find the strenght to survirve when your best friend isn't? Written for the Broken Holiday Record Contest, rated M for mature themes

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
This is a story about strong friendship and it shows that sometimes there are things happening you just can't avoid, no matter how hard you try sometimes there just isn't a happy ending. This story takes place during Christmas but is not a Christmas story per se.

Where did you get inspiration?
Real life experience, the song was one I listend to a lot the Christmas my sister was sick and somehow it just ended up fitting together with the story, which is very close to personal experinces.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I tried to keep itas real as possible, to show that sometimes RL is a bitch and not everything comes with a happy ending. It deals with some serious issues but I tried not to make it about diseases and sickness but more about what goes on in your head when your watching someone really close to you dissapear and how to find the courage to survirve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summary: Nerdalicious Daniel Gale is saying goodbye to England and hello to the United States. Looking to reinvent himself, he is all too gratified by the corn-fed derrieres of Americans. Daniel Gale/Twilight cross over, slightly crackfic, AU, AH, Prepare for Perv




Daniel Gale on the #Twittah @DanielGale

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Our story if a spoof about Daniel Gale (the beloved Robert Pattinson character from the movie The Bad Mother's Handbook - you can watch for free on youtube) and his adventures as attends the University of Washington in Seattle and meets up with his quirky roommate Emmett and Bella the volumptuous full-figured woman of his dreams. He is also one horny motherfucker.

Where did you get inspiration?
Saewod (my co-author) and I were on Twitter discussing the lack of Daniel Gale fanficion so we decided to take charge and write our own. We both love nerds and geeks. We also knew that had his chracter been explored more in the book and film that we would discover he was not just an ass man, but a man who truly appreciates a curvacious woman.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
Our story is a fun look at sexy times and nerdiliciousness. It will make you feel both wam'n'fuzzy AND horny. In addition we have Daniel's little online extras that make it really fun and interactive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Putting The Pieces Together by juliebutterfly

Visual images can be found here I post all the images that inspires me for this story on this page and more to come as the story goes on.

Summary: Alice needs to get her life bag together and decides to travel around Europe. Along the way she'll get new friends and perhaps even the change of love.

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Stories without Bella/Edward as the main characters are highly underappreciated and often overlooked (unless it's slash which I don't write). I use humor a lot but I also wanted to share some of the great experiences I've had. It's a story about finding yourself and how do it in unexpected places.

Where did you get inspiration?
Again RL, I travel a lot myself and it's something that really means a lot to me

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
Being able to share some of the great experinces I've had through Alice, of course some of the things she'll encounter are pure fiction but it also gives me a chance to show the reader around Europe a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photobucket
My Mia by angela4148

Summary:Mia is Bella’s best friend, her comfort, her shoulder to lean on, often times her crutch. Will Bella's MIA cause her to push everyone away? Sensitive topic dealing with relationships and struggles. ALL B/E POV'S AH OOC UPDATES ON SATURDAYS M for AC

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
I think that what it comes down to is enlightenment. Everyone knows someone with an eating disorder whether they are aware of it or not. I think that the feelings are true and real. Even if you don't like the idea of reading a fic about ED's this has a lot more to offer than just that. It's really in the end about stuggle and trying to rise from it.

Where did you get inspiration?
I can only write about what I know, Mia is my demon. This fic is very personal and I'm taking a chance putting it out there. It makes me nervous that people will just hate it but in the end if it helps just one person then my goal was achieved. I honestly started the fic and blog that goes with it as a theraputic thing but now I really want to help people find help or just give people with ED's someone to talk to.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I think the emotion behind it is what makes it my best writing. I'm not the type to praise my own work and say how great it is so questions like this are always hard to answer. I write for therapy and fun. I think that you'll actually feel something reading this fic.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment