April 11, 2010

Silver's interview with BellaBaby24‏ author of “A Woman Scorned”


“A Woman Scored” is certainly a one of a kind fiction. It has to be the only story I’ve ever read where I don’t want Edward and Bella to ultimately end up together. 


Yup, you heard me, shocking though it is. During the first chapter, Bella discovers Edward cheating on her with her best friend, Tanya. This occurs on their anniversary, after two years of marriage. Edward actually has the audacity to answer Bella’s phone call while still inside Tanya! Knowing this, I think you can understand my hesitancy towards a reunion. 

It breaks your heart to read at times, but the humour of the revenge plots, in both the original story and the outtakes (which are excerpts from Bella’s novel), balances this out well, and you find yourself completely drawn into the lives of the characters. It’s a story about a woman devastated, but recovering, coping and realising who she is and how strong she can be as this person.

Summary: Bella is betrayed by her husband. She writes a book based on the plan for revenge she wishes she could enact against her ex and his lover. How will Edward react when he sees Bella again and realizes that he's the inspiration behind the best-selling book?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
BB: Honestly, it was another fanfic story. I don't remember the name of it, but it really pissed me off. Edward refused to be in a committed relationship with Bella and she allowed it. They ended up having kids together and getting married, but he still kept his mistress on the side. I was so angry at Bella that I decided it was time for a story where Bella actually stands up for herself.
SS: which is one of the reasons I love your story, your Bella is one of the strongest I've read
BB: Thanks that's sweet of you.
SS: It's the truth lol
BB: Then I've done my job lol

2. Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
BB: lol. I don't even know how to answer this question. I guess I would want my readers to know that I'm not going to tell them if AWS ends with Bella and Edward together. What would be the fun in knowing now?
SS: I guess you must get asked that a lot huh?
BB: lol. All the time.
SS: I can imagine lol. How this story should end is debated so much, do you have the ending all planned out?
BB: I do have the ending planned out. I sat down this last week and finally made the decision about how AWS will end.
SS: Wow, very exciting! I think we should move on to the next question before the temptation to ask becomes too much for me lol

3. Why should readers read your story?
BB: I'm not sure if I should answer this, because not everyone should read AWS. I will say that it is different. There is not a misunderstanding. Edward did cheat. AWS looks at a realistic view of love and the potential end of a relationship. It's not the romanticized version of love that we see in Twilight. On the bright side, we do get to read Bella's book on revenge. So if you enjoy angst with a hint of humor, AWS is for you.

4. So, do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever …
BB: lol. No. I don't have a routine. I just open my outline and try to fill in the blanks.
SS: any specific time you write, or just when you can?
BB: I usually write after a long run. For some reason, I am able to focus on the story more. Huh. Maybe that IS my routine

5. What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
BB: I usually start reading a story that I have on alert and try not to think about what the reviews will say. If I'm really excited about the chapter that was just submitted, I will start writing the next chapter or outtake.
SS: do you find it really nerve-racking submitting a new chapter?
BB: Sometimes. It helps that I have a beta who will give me the good and bad before I post. lol.
SS: lol yes she doesn't hold back!
BB: No she doesn't. lol. It's one of the many reasons I love her.
SS: me too, I would rather she be harsh than sugar coat
BB: Exactly. I would rather have a harsh review from one person that a lot of people. Not to mention, it really makes me think about whether different parts are really necessary to the story.

6. Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
BB: No. Although, I do like it when people send me the songs that they listen to when reading the story.
SS: ah that's awesome
BB: I think so. One reader always listens to 'Cell Block Tango' from the Chicago soundtrack lol
SS: haha that's wonderful, very fitting!
BB: lol. I thought so too. She's very creative.

7. What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
BB: Is it horrible that I don't really have specific actors and actresses in mind? If I had to choose, I would picture older versions of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
SS: nope, I don't see any in fic, not even Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. I think that's worse lol
BB: I don't think that's worse. It's actually what I do too. I always think that people's imaginations are usually better than the casting. lol I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed to see the cast of movies based on books. Most of the time, I think they cast the wrong person.
SS: Yes, I know what you mean. I read the books first so always see my Edward and Bella in my head lol
BB: Me too. I'm sure many people with disagree with me, but my Edward is much hotter than Robert Pattinson *wink

8. Do you have a posting Schedule? If so what is it?
BB: lol. No. I tried to keep a posting schedule when I first started, but it was a little unrealistic for me.
SS: yeah, I can't keep to one either lol
BB: Seriously. For my next fic, I'm going to write chapters in advance before posting the story. Maybe then I could keep a consistent schedule.

9. Do you believe in HEA?
BB: Yes, I do. In real life, I am an eternal optimist. At the same time, I think that life is a series of choices. I believe that you have to work to find and keep your own HEA.
SS: that's a really great attitude to have
BB: We'll see how it works out for me... hehe

10. Give us a Random Fact about yourself
BB: Hmm. I am hopelessly addicted to fruit snacks. I can't even keep them in the house. Forget cookies, cake, or soda. I can be bribed to do almost anything for generic fruit snacks.

11. Give me a list of your current projects AND do you have any more fic plans in the future?
BB: My only current project is A Woman Scorned. I am in the process of writing out an outline for a new fic. I know the beginning and the end, but not all of the middle. It is darker, but it will definitely be a Bella and Edward fic.
SS: dark fic? ooh sounds good!
BB: Hopefully, we'll see. It's more of a Suspense/Romance kind of story

12. What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
BB: I started reading Twilight because I was working with a youth group. It was all the rage with them and I decided it would be nice to know what the heck they were talking about. I remember I was searching for something on the web about Twilight and I came across Twilighted. After reading one story, I was hooked.
SS: do you remember what you first read that got you into fic?
BB: Yes. It was 'Twice in a Lifetime Singer'. It wasn't complete on Twilighted, but a review said that it was complete on FanFic.net. That story is heartbreaking. I ended up searching for a brighter fic so that I could end the day on a happier note

13. What is your background in writing?
BB: lol. I don't have a background as a writer. Other than mandatory English classes in school, I haven't really pursued writing. I write financial reports and recommendations for work, but that's it.
*in writing, not as a writer
SS: it's not really the same huh lol?
BB: lol. No, it's not. lol

14. Which character do you identify with the most?
BB: In AWS, I probably identify more with Rose. There are parts of me that identify with Bella, but she is not me. In Twilight, I guess I identify with Bella because she is the narrator. More accurately, high school me can identify with her, but not present day me.
SS: I guess a lot of people can identify weith your Bella in some way. Her reactions are very natural, at least that's what I feel
BB: Thanks. I would hope so. I try to think about how I would react in the same situation. So if you identify with Bella, then I'm glad.
SS: yes, I think you've written her really well, captured her emotions in a way that makes you feel for her and feel with her
BB: Thanks sweetie

15. Which RL author inspires you?
BB: There are too many to count. I read many different authors depending on my mood. In a way, I guess I could say that all authors inspire me. They each bring something unique to the table
SS: anything in particular that you have been reading lately?
BB: lol. I haven't really been reading books lately. I find all of my spare reading time devoted to fanfics.
SS: lol, oh I know the feeling!

16. Did any FF authors inspire you?
BB: Of course. Most FF authors do. I don't like to name names, but I can find something to like in most stories. It's just nice to see so many different writing styles and thoughts
SS: yes, something for whichever mood you are in
BB: True. Some people can create such a vivid scene or mood. While others can create such complex characters. I keep waiting for the author who does both without sounding too superfluous or pretentious

17. Any rec’s for us?
“Extraction” by Ready4Jasper

“How to save A life” by unholy.obsession

18. Anything else you would like to add?
BB: No, nothing else to add lol.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment