April 11, 2010

Undiscovered Gems Vol. 7

Photobucket

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photobucket

Summary: Starting over after a troubled freshman year at college in AZ, Bella transfers schools to New England where she has to learn to deal witthe things she has been through, who she is and come to terms with things that aren't what she thought they were.

Edward is tired of random encounters. Looking for something more, he finds it in Bella, but he has his work cut out in convincing her.

Can two people get past the damage they do to themselves, to others and to each other and find their way together? Can people without perfect beginnings, and with unclear middles, still get to their happy endings?

Why should I (the reader) read your story?
I feel like I am writing a dating service application for my fic. She's young, pretty, likes long walks on the beach...lol. You should read Not Who I Thought You Were if you like fics that have all the elements: humor, romance, friendship, angst, hurt/comfort, music. It's musically inspired, as most things in my life are. You should read if you like the idea of Edward as a radio DJ (dubbed DJward by one of my betas). You should read if you like the idea of taking themes from the book and applying them to different characters. You should read if you like an author who is interactive and more than willing to answer your reviews/questions. You should read if you like a Bella & Edward story with some smarts, some snark, some sweet and some damage. You should read because you like Edward's hair, since I can 't seem to stop mentioning it, but then again, that would be a fairly common theme :) What else to say...you should read if you like pop culture references, as my brain is like a steel trap for that stuff. You should read because thus far my answering of this question has been either so long winded you just want me to zip it, or amused you in some way and you'd like to see if I am this funny in the story.

Where did you get inspiration?
The inspiration for the first chapter came from one of my favorite movies, Threesome. From there it has evolved into what it is now, so I get inspired by different things for each chapter...a song, a quote, something someone says to me about what's been written before. There's some real life stuff in there too, not all mine but people I know who have been through some similar stuff. It takes place in New England, where I live, so I am inspired by my area, which I love. I was inspired by other fics I read that told stories of flawed characters and I wanted to see if I could do the same.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
The best thing about my fic is that I find my characters to be very real, and very imperfect, and yet perfect in their imperfection. The story explores not just the decisions they make, but what it the reason that they make them. They have baggage, lots of it, and I like how we get to see that stuff, slowly, with them opening up their old wounds over time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guardian by ChampagneAnyone

Summary: Orphaned at 8, Bella Swan is placed in the care of her God Mother Esme Cullen. Heiress to Cullen Swan Enterprises, Bella grows up hero worshipping 17 year old joint heir, pseudo step brother and self appointed guardian Edward.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 6 - Words: 19,852 - Reviews: 321 - Updated: 3-7-10 - Published: 2-14-10 - Bella & Edward

Why should I (the reader) read your story?
Have you ever crushed on that much older guy? Like 9 years older. The one who never saw you as anything but a little sister. What happens when he becomes aware of you as a woman. Will he embrace it or will he fight it? Where does it all lead when family connections have already decided your relationship for you. Will you accept this man as unattainable? What if that man was Edward and the woman Bella? Would Bella ever let him go?

Where did you get inspiration?
The story has been in my head for a long time. It was originally set in England amongst the aristocracy but with my new found love of Twilight I changed the setting and the main characters, while all other facets of the story remain the same.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I hope the best thing about my fic will be the romance and angst that tells the story of Bellas love for Edward. Yes it will be a little lemony as the physicality of their attraction plays a major role in their dynamics but the emotional connection between the two is what I hope readers remember and recall. Ohh and theres a murder ;)


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment