April 9, 2010

Sue's Interview with Whynot42 about 'I Only Want You For Your Body'

IOWYFYB




I only want you for your body

The name alone makes you wanna read it !!

Because it is written by the fabulous Whynot42 AKA fatallyobsessed AKA Autumn you know you are gonna see some things you have come to expect from her stories.

Mature characters (notice I do not say OLD) as Autumn writes her stories for those of us who have been out of high school for more than a few years

REAL SEX. That’s right. If you read a WhyNot story you are gonna see sex that if you are so inclined to you can replicate without taking Yoga classes or using the Kama Sutra as a reference ! (not that those gymnastics are not fun to read as well but somehow this is hotter!)

FUNNY, yes. Sometimes laughing during sex and foreplay is a good thing !! so long as your partner can laugh with you !

Now with a set up like that let's see how Autumn describes her fic:

In a bid to leave "Boring Bella" behind, Bella and Angela go on a bicoastal road trip. What she doesn't expect is the combo of male models, fortune tellers, bikers, and an artist who sweeps in on the side. Like they say, anything can happen on vacation...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?

Wow. Um... I was biking on Martha's Vineyard with friends a few years ago, and one of them had the accident Bella has in ch 1. I thought it was funny. because I am a sick person lol. Plus, I wanted to have E mostly undressed. And I like sculpture - I'm a very sense-oriented person, and sculpture is just... mmmmm... Fits with E, don't you think?

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?

Sculpture is meant to be touched, no matter what galleries say. Don't be afraid of art, and don't be embarrassed about liking what you like. No one person's opinion is more valid than anyone else's.
Plus, this fic is set in a very real place, and I have a local who is reminding me of stuff all the time.

Why should readers read your story?

Read for SexWard, because I can't write him any other way. Read for real dialogue and pacing. Read for funnies that aren't based on snark or meanness. Read because I genuinely love my characters, and I refuse to do cliche or one-dimensional characters.

(Sue: Read for Real Sex)

YES! YES! YES! Real sex is so much more erotic to me than overblown, 'I could never do that' crap.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, whatever …

I ALWAYS have music playing. Certain songs start to become part of the story, even if they're not directly referenced.
For example, for C&D, I started with a lot of blues (Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughn, Jonny Lang, etc), morphed into a lot of KoL, then the second half was heavy with James Morrison, Jonny Lang (again), and Van Morrison. I post a lot of songs that inspire me on my threads.
This story is still solidifying in my mind, but so far I've listened to a lot of James Morrison (one particular song goes with the last bit of the story), Ray LaMontagne, Rob... singer/songwriters.
I think the one that made the most people cry was 'All The Way Down', by Glen Hansard. It always makes me cry, and for Edward right before she returns so perfectly.

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?

Yep! Some I reference in the story, but a lot are posted on my thread. I rarely make a playlist for a story in an A/N, but be sure that I have on in my head!

What actor/actress do you picture as Edward and Bella?

Actor - ALWAYS Rob. Actress - NOT KStew. I actually haven't seen exactly the right actress yet, though I have a very clear picture in my mind. Maybe a young Neve Campbell.
My Edward in 'Body', BTW, is a little older than The Pretty, so he has a thicker chest, shoulders and legs, but is still lean. I'm not interested in bumpy, overtanned bodies (*coughTaycobcough*)

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?

I have a very definite story arc before I even begin writing, and key scenes planned. However, I also leave room for inspiration, and if Edward really wants something, I just let him run with it. He changed a few things in C&D, and I'm very glad. They, without exception, added depth that might have been missing if I'd done it the way I originally planned.
If I can't see it, or it doesn't make sense, it really pulls me out of the story. I even block out scenes, physically, sometimes, to make sure that what I'm describing is physically possible.

Do you have a posting Schedule ? If so what is it ?

I try to post on Thursday or Friday, but I keep it loose. Sometimes that works out, and sometimes it doesn't. I skipped last week because of NM. LOL

Do you believe in HEA?

In the Twiverse, yes. In RL... not always.

Any more fic plans in the future?

YES! I have another story, being written for my lovely Team Ewanewe, already in the works. Maybe they'll let me post it! I also have a vampfic up now, called Save your Soul, and another one, called 'Simple Man' on the way. Plus I have an idea for an AH cruise ship story, called 'Escape'. Plus, there's this idea niggling at my mind about Carlisle when he was with the Volturi. And then there's the one... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our interview ended here before all the Qs got answered because Autumn had some hubs emergency to take care of (you all can twist that any which way you want to LOL)

I know I was dying to see what fantasies Autumn has about Rpatz too…oh wait I already know them I have read her fics

Some nifty news for fans, Autumn has agreed to be a guest blogger and I am hoping that after the holiday we will have her first post up

Saturday is the next time I will post something and you will all have a VERY special after Thanksgiving treat from our very own Lady Tater !!! It is NOT Teas with Rob this is something different and it is a surprise of course I KNOW what it is but if you wanna find out you will have to come back on Saturday!!!

Ta ta for now....

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment