April 5, 2010

Sue's Interview with Spanglemaker about 'Faking It'

fakinit

Faking It by Spanglemaker9, on Twilighted

I was at the Walmart the other day grocery shopping and I saw on the magazine racks one of those fine publications that make me so proud to be an American (if you cannot hear the sarcasm in that statement then you do not know me very well)

YUP, OK magazine insists that Robsten have snuck off and gotten hitched.

while I really do not care if they do get married (ok ok I do) I find it odd that the pictures PROVING this article are bad manips

SO I have a fic that will put all of the Robsten rumors to rest.
You know Sue is seriously delusional when she uses a story from fanfiction to prove that Rob is not with KStew and is instead doing what most boys his age should be doing..he is playing the field damnit!!

Faking It by Spanglemaker PROVES that most of the nonsensse we see in Rag Mags is ...well BULLSHIT

I TOLD YOU HOORS Rob is not off with Kstew being all emo HELL NO HOs he is smarter than that damnit that boy does not piss where he eats !!!

So why does Sue love this story ??

  • Bad boy Edward
  • Girl next door Bella
  • American Idol style competition where Bellas band wins!
  • intrigue hollywood bullshit explained
  • This fic has tons of it
  • UST
  • fuckhawt sexin
and a fabulous make up scene I just read today!! (opps spoiler)

OK here is how she describes her story:

Half of Hollywood’s most famous couples are faking it. That’s how Bella Swan’s publicist convinces her to pretend to date troubled Hollywood bad boy Edward Cullen. After all, she’s learned that winning a reality show and a recording contract for her band is only the first step to fame. And she’ll do anything for the music and for her friends, even this.

seriously I cannot describe it better that for real I am speechless just WOW what a neat idea she came up with

So Lets find out just how this womans mind WORKS !!!

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
Before I even started reading Twilight fanfic, I was fascinated/ horrified by the whole Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes media spectacle. I was hanging around some other websites and there was a lot of rumor and speculation flying about that the whole thing was fake, he's gay, she's being paid...the stories were endless. I'm a cynic anyway, so the whole thing got me wondering if maybe it was common in Hollywood. What if all those relationships in which the participants seem a little too eager to overshare, were in fact, fake? I just started imagining publicists meeting over lunch, arranging deals, setting up dates...

The other thing that got me going was David Cook winning American Idol last year (if you can't tell from the story, AI is my other unhealthy addiction). There was that whole nonsense all season where Kimberly Caldwell, a decidedly D list celeb, would gush on her show about how hot he was. Then when she was interviewing him on some morning show after he won, he asked her out on camera. The whole thing felt a little too freaking cute and perfect. A scripted moment if ever I saw one. They actually dated for a while though, so I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, once I got all Twilight fanfic-obsessed, it all came back, swirling in my head. Add a healthy dose of Robert Downey Jr for Edward's back story and Faking It came out on the other side.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
That it will have a happy ending!! I mean, is there a fanfic in existence where that doesn't happen? Where he doesn't get the girl? Well, I can think of one, but then she wrote a second part and he got the girl, so there!

The other thing is that many people have speculated about is that I work in that industry and that's where I'm getting my insider knowledge from. I do work in the entertainment industry, but not in film, not in LA, not at that level. I have no first-hand knowledge and I really am just making it all up. That said, I still think Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are a complete fraud!

Why should readers read your story?
I tried to make it full-on fantasy fulfillment in many ways. There's the whole romance of Bella and Edward of course, but I worked in lots of things that us regular folks love to fantasize about. The Oscars, movie premieres, Hollywood parties, fancy restaurants, photo shoots...I wrote what I wanted to read, and I tried to make it fun and escapist (even if things got serious for the last few chapters).

Any more fic plans in the future?
Actually, I have two things in the works. One I am doing solo. It's another ExB AH (honestly I don't imagine I'd ever write anything else). Nobody is famous in this one, it's a little less glamorous. but there will still be hot sex! It's inspired by a rather racy and ultimately embarrassing episode from my own life. I hope to start posting it in a month or so.
The other one is co-written with justaskalice, who is writing Kissed the Girls and Made Them Cry. We're in the middle of hammering it out right now, writing the outline and researching, but we're both really excited about it. It takes place in Paris in the early 50's and it's a bit of a mystery, very romantic and atmospheric and noir. Fun stuff!

What actor?actress do you picture as Ed/bella
I suppose I am pretty much a traditionalist in that sense. I always picture RPatz as Edward. Because really, why mess with perfection? Kristin Stewart is not my ideal Bella, but I have a hard time picturing anyone else in her place, so she's Bella by default. I just wish she were taller. sigh_for_sigh, who made the banner for the story, found a picture of her where she hardly even looks like herself and I really like that one, so that's what I imagine for Bella in FI.

Do you believe in HEA?
In life? Not at all. Cynic, remember? But in fanfics? Abso-freakin'-lutely. Thats why I read and write them!

So do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, whatever...?
Just for general writing, since I have a full time job and a family, ten minutes of peace and quiet pretty much do the trick!
However, if I'm writing lemons, I need to work a little harder. For the first one I wrote, the after-Oscars sex scene (I don't count the cock-blocked kitchen makeout scene), I locked myself in the bedroom with my laptop, my earphones in and my ipod on loud and a huge glass of wine (two glasses by the time I was done!). Writing that stuff is not something I can start and stop. I need to get it all in one sitting. Because if I stop in the middle, I start actually thinking about what I'm writing and I freeze up!

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
Since Faking It was the first thing I'd written since I was a teenager, I didn't feel comfortable posting anything unless I was sure I could finish. So the story was nearly complete before I posted the first chapter.
Since I'm a little more comfortable now, I won't be so strict about the new ones I'm writing. But I still have a fairly thorough outline of the whole thing in place first. For me, I really need to know exactly where it's going and where it will end up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it another great fic to add to your list, but I tell you I have a motto here!!! I comb through the shit to find you the best and IMO this is one of the best

(I am so full of myself today!)

So go read it if you like it leave some love for the author
if you think I am full of it then BY ALL MEANS tell me why cause I love a good verbal sparing match! and I would rather you tell me I am crazy than take venom out on someone who busted thier butt to bring us entertainment (can you tell I talked to some authors this weekend who have been getting hate mail!! grrrrrrrrr mama bear is coming out to play grrrrrrrr)

SO what's up for the rest of the week???

WELL

Tomorrow we have a LOVELY poll that should bring people out of the woodwork I hope

From Fan Fic to Silver Screen

YOu get to vote for what movie Durty Hoors productions is gonna make real!!
NO fade to black! Sue is directing
NO ratings! why??cause Sue does not like limits
STARING?? well DUH you work it out

AND THEN
ON WEDNESDAY we have the next fic on my list
REEL LIFE by SandyK

Till then
Ciao Darlings!!



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment