April 8, 2010

Sue's Interview with Ninapolitan about 'The Wingman'


wingman

wingman

The Wingman by Ninapolitan, on Twilighted

Sorry, this is kinda late getting up but I got distracted by the poll...you know the pics, 'cause well...

OK. The WINGMAN!

For those of you who do not know about this little diddy, let me fill you in a touch.

It's different.

NOT IN A BAD WAY!

Jake and Edward are friends.
WHAT??

No, seriously. They are buddies, not rivals. They don't hate each other, they are pals.

The story is loosely based on the Cyrano Debwhatshisface (cant spell it but you all know who I am talking about).

My first experience with Cyrano was in an old movie staring Bob Hope.
Don't get me started on Bob... I love Bob!

Here is Nina's descrition of this fic :

AH/OOC. A loosely based Twilight revamp of Cyrano de Bergerac. One trusty Wingman, one best friend and the girl of their dreams, add humor and smut. The Wingman plays matchmaker for his best friend to help him get the girl.

Too bad he wants her for himself...

A few things. This fic is not as fast-paced a smut-fest as BSD. This fic is funny, but in more subtle ways. Silly things, like the antics of Edward and Jake as pals, really make it worth the read. The images of Bella's house and talking about the flower shop. And my fav... A DORKY EDWARD!!!

I love Dorks. If you do not know this, you should meet my hubs. He is a total dork, it's fabulous!

Ok, enough of my rambles. Let's hear what fascinating tidbits I picked up from chatting with Nina about her story!!

THE WINGMAN

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
We were going over Cyrano in school and I thought I would really like to read something like that, and I wanted to read something where Ed and Jake were friends. I talked to Emmy, we were talking about how I liked Cyrano and she said go ahead and flesh it out and see what you get. So, I sat and outlined and I love Emmett. They are the first ones to say that he has the oafy character where he is stupid and that is why I made him the Mayor. This story is outlined within an inch of its life, which is why it takes me so long to update. But it is not, this is more serious than BSD, and this is harder for me to write.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
There will not be Jacob/Bella sex in it. It will have a happy ending in it for all involved and maybe now that it is in black and white people will believe me!

(WHEW! This fan is happy to hear that.)

Why should readers read your story?
I would like to hear the reactions from people who read BSD, to have them see the difference between the two. It is cool to do something different and unexpected.

Ficplans for the future?

Eh hum Sue speaking : Nina does a ton of stuff: Smut Mondays, Friday Free For All, Twigasm, Perv Pack Smut Shack. She is currently hosting the DILF contest. So, it is safe to say that along with her RL work as a teacher and mom, no plans for now. If you wanna know her answer check Monday's post cause it was the same!!! LOL.

What actor?actress do you picture as Ed/Bella
I do not really have anyone in my head, kinda of a vague, faceless person. But not the twilight actors. They do not fit my idea for the image, mainly because of the age.

Do you believe in HEA?
Yes, I will never write one that does not have a happy ending for all involved.

So do you do anything special while writing a chapter? Like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms whatever ...?
Nothing really special, I have the Tv on as background noise. No real special method for me. It just happens when the mood strikes.

Is the story all planned out, or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
This one is outlined to death!

Do you have a posting Schedule ? If so what is it ?
NO schedule! And much to my dismay! I need a schedule, but it just is not happening

Gimme a fic rec. What do you like to read? WHY?
I really like The Caged Bird from Kristen Nicole. She is witty and funny, in a not crass way.
(I have to agree. As a matter of fact, Kristen agreed to be interviewed here for my RELIGION week, which will run after GEEK WEEK.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND there you have it folks.
I like cross over stories ALMOST as much as I like period fics. Why?? Well, just cause I do.

KEEP VOTING PEOPLE!! We have that kick-ass poll running till Thursday night, and I bet I can con (umm I mean talk to) Nina into joining us for the Poll Dance on Thursday night. If I cant get her there for the whole thing, I bet I can squeeze a few comments out of her!!

ALSO on Saturday we will be running a SPECIAL combo.
Teas with Rob

and

PETIT FOURS WITH PETER!!

So, submit your Qs to me or Lady Tater and if you dont do it, I will have to make up my own!!

And we can't have me doing something that resembles WORK damnit! I have fics to read!!

LATER babies!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment