April 9, 2010

Sue's Interview with ItzMegan73 about 'A Rough Start'



A Rough Start by ItzMegan73

Summary:
Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 14 - Words: 62,775 - Reviews: 3636 - Updated: 11-15-09 - Published: 8-20-09 - Bella & Edward


I really cannot tell you how much I LOVE this fic …

While our other fics this week were very funny this one portrays the angst and frustration of living paycheck to paycheck.(AKA Sue's real life no wonder I live for FF)
Do you long for a real Edward that is not a spoiled trust fund baby or Mr. Perfect? Then this is the one you want to read.
Ever had your electric shut off cause you could not keep up with the bills ? Ever have to stretch 20$ for 4 days till payday when you need to put gas in your car to get to work? Ever had to choose between gas in the car or food ?

Well that is real life for many of what has been classified as the working poor. This is where we find Edward when we meet him. He is a struggling factory worker single with no commitments. He avoids answering the phone to stay away from the bill collectors.

The factory he works for is having financial difficulty so jobs are on the line. Edward gets called to the office and is met with a social worker who has been trying to get a hold him for a few weeks (months???)

SURPRISE you’re a DADDY. An ex girlfriend got knocked up and left. She knew she could not expect anything from him so she never demanded anything.
This is where Edward has to grow up and become a Dad.
He has no clue about kids and his attempts at parenting while well intentioned are truly sad
Not in the make you cry way but more like in the slap that boy upside the head and wonder why he has no brain!!!
ENTER Bella kindergarten teacher to Anthony. At first their relationship is adversarial but eventually Bella’s love of his son starts to thaw her attitude towards the Dad.

What I like about Itz Megan's story, they do not have that magical mystical connection where they are in love immediately and they leap into one anothers arms. I mean that is fine in a fic but in this story it would not work This one just well UGH

I am too tired to go on retelling Megan’s story in my unarticulate way I was up till 3am after seeing New Moon last night with my now VERY crabby 10 yr old son Zach!!

So here is the interview ….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
I usually write the things I’d like to read; of course that’s within my ability. I’m don’t think I’d be good at writing fantasy. I haven’t tried that.

2. Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Hmm… just to be patient.

grrrr I find this frustrating but in a good way kinda like waiting for Christmas..

3. Why should readers read your story?
I suppose enough people have told me that they’re unique. I’m starting to believe them.

4. So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever …
I actually have to have quiet. I don’t know how people can listen to music and write. When I have music on, I actually listen to it. It rarely plays in the background.

5. Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
No. But I did have a very important song in The Tutor and A Rough Start Edward mentions Hotel California by the Eagles, so…maybe I’ll get there. Who knows.

6. What actor/actress do you picture as Edward and Bella?
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. They were already in place when I was introduced to Twilight. What can I say – I’m visual.

7. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I know the beginning and I know the ending. Everything else just kind of comes as I write.

8. Do you have a posting schedule? If so what is it?
I try to post every week – each story. A bout of carpel tunnel has recently gotten in my way, but I do update something every week.

9. Do you believe in HEA?
There is nothing else, as far as I’m concerned. Life is hard enough. I see no reason to disperse unresolved unhappiness out into the universe.

10. Any more fic plans in the future?
Oh yes.

Sue here As you can see Megan is being a tease by not elaborating on this SO add her to your fav authors where ever you see her fics...cause well she's damn good

11. What brought you to fanfic? To twilight?
In honesty, it was where Stephenie Meyer didn’t go that kind of left a void in me. Not that I write anything remotely close to what she did, but…I wasn’t done with the characters yet.

12. What is your background in writing?
I’ve been doing it forever. There have been a few publishings here and there, but I’ve discovered that that isn’t my goal. I’m pretty simple. If I get something in my head and I want to get it out – I write it.

13. Which character do you see yourself as? And who would you like to see yourself with?
I never see myself in any of the stories I write.

14. Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
The authors that inspire me just inspire me to tell a story, so there are no similarities in what we write. But Beverly Cleary, Judy Blume and many more people that no one has heard of…

15. Any recs for us?
I recently read The Mirrors and it rocked my socks off. And if you like the vamp works, Creature of Habit is one of my all-time faves. And for comedy, you simply must check out Edward Wallbanger…though I don’t know if it’s on hiatus….

16. Anything else you would like to add?
Are you kidding? I’m sure I’ve bored whoever is reading this to tears at this point!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silly Megan don’t you know that you are not boring ? we love to hear you talk about your story honey cause it is fabulous and Sue Highly recommends this one …
Man alive It is Friday already and I have not gathered any Qs for Teas…I gotta talk to Lady Tater and see what we can come up with..
NEXT WEEK
BEACH WEEK
I have interviews with
Lambcullen for the fuckhawt fucktabulous fuckinawesome TIDES I know you all like Erectionward cause I sure as hell do

AND
Whynot42 (or whatever the hell Autumn’s username is LOL) Fatallyobsessed
I only Want you for your Body (awesome freaking title)
I love love love Surferward guess what he is sculpter and if I speak anymore I will spill too many details
So be prepared
And leave me some love
OH who won the poll

WE DID promo Rob no matter where is beautiful


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment