April 5, 2010

Sue's Interview with HopefulWager about 'Twice as Long as Yesterday'


TALAYTALAY2


I started reading Fan Fiction in February 2009. Shocking, I know.
In March 2009 I started seeing these things in people signature lines over at Twilighted.

Tick Tock Tick Tock can you hear the Comtoise Clock?

My first reaction was:

WTF is that??

I was intrigued.
Then the story started and OMG

A PERIOD FIC!!!!

AND

SET IN IRELAND!!! (I am of Irish Descent) in 1866

WOW

Here is her Description :
Bella Swan has agreed to Lord Cullen's proposal: in exchange for allowing her father and her to remain in the cottage on his estate, she will submit herself to him each night for twice as long as the night before. But how long can she endure him?
__________________________________________________________

Interested?? Well. I was... so I started reading it.

This story is so different from anything I had ever read.

Edward is the Lord of some Irish lands (will my Brit and Irish friends please forgive me for my ignorant American terms?)

My dear friend, Nicci, helped me with the description of this Edward in the story.

At first he is a complete and utter TOSSER !!!(Dirty bastard to us Americans)

Bella in this story (or as she is called here Isa) is a poor Irish tenant farmers daughter, who is promised to another man, but they do not have the money to get married.

Isa's father has been ill, and because of this he cannot work. No work, no money. No money can't pay the rent. At this time in Ireland, if you could not pay the landlord his rent, you were tossed out of your home and it was burned down.

And so a deal is struck between the landholder Edward and Isa.

He will allow her Father, and her, to continue to live on his land provided. Isa promises to come to him every evening and spend a set amount of time with him and the time doubles every day...

During that time he can do whatever he wants to her ...

WOW kinky!

He promises not to take her virtue..
and not to hurt her..

After the first chapter I was DESPERATE for more...

By the second chapter, I was telling anyone who would listen, and many who did not care to, about this story. I WOULD NOT SHUT UP (nothing new there!)

Anytime anyone asked me what to read I would say TALAY.

I was so excited to get to interview the author of this fic. I sent her a message and she said sure.

(fangirl SQUEEE!!)

SO, without further babbling from me, here is the interview with KILLIAN AKA HopefulWagner

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
I love Irish immigrant and emigrant history, and I've always found the study
of early Victorian era England fascinating. I've had the idea for TALAY for
a long time (like 10+ years) and decided to try it out as a twific to see
how it would be received. What continues to inspire me is the knowledge that
the basics of the plot: exchange of sexual favors in lieu of rent with
middlemen or (rarely) lords was a historic fact. I thought it would be
interesting to explore and English lord who is more than what he seems.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
I know my last chapter (14) really swung the plot to a new tangent. Please
rest assured, I know where I"m going with this and yes, there will be a
happy ending. But not as in they-ride-off-into-the-sunset-on-a-white-stead
HEA, but as in a that'll-do-donkey type of ending. And, y'all, ISA DID NOT
MARRY MIKE. You'll just have to wait and see how that pans out.

SUE TALKING HERE Chapter 14 throwing us for for a loop more like that chapter grabbed us by the collar slapped us upside the back of the head and said HIYA!..yeah it was confusing I had to read it through 2 times and then I sat back and said what I usually do "I will trust the ride the author is taking me on" This is not a bad twist it is a twist in the story that makes you BEG BEG BEG for more

Why should readers read your story?
Honestly, they should only read it the first chapter catches them. I
believe it's unusual and mildly entertaining. I might be biased.

SUE talking here I believe she is being extremely modest and I know her fans of this story agree with me!

Any more fic plans in the future?
No lack of them. That's the problem. after TALAY I'm taking a break
from twific to work on my original fiction. yeah, we'll see how that
turns out...

What actor?actress do you picture as Ed/bella
I don't know many actresses and actors because I don't watch TV or
very many movies. I think the best I can do is Rudolph Valentino as
Edward and a young ginger rogers as Isa.

Do you believe in HEA
believe it? I've seen it.

Not what you were going for. unless a piece is pure fluff, I believe
more in CEA: content ever after. bittersweet is what I am for when I
write.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special
music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever ...
if there's a lot of narration, I'll read a little Anne Bronte before
writing TALAY, and listen to some Cherish the Ladies or Ceolitoiri
while writing. coffee helps too.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your
pants thing?
both. I know the macros, but I work out the micros as I go.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AND there you have it folks!

I really cannot tell you how much I love this story. I know, I say that a LOT, but really, it is a great fic!!! If you like time period stories this is an awesome one to read, especially if you like palpable sexual tension... a budding romance from hatred... a mystery...

SO ladies, continue voting on the poll, it is fun!!

And on Friday I am sure I can gather together some people to talk about it. If not, you can listen to me ramble here all on lonesome!!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment