April 11, 2010

Sue's Interview with elusivetwilight about 'Incubus Anomaly'


Incubus Anomaly by ElusiveTwilight, on Twilighted

Summary: Incubus: a sex demon that visits women in the deep dark of the night. Edward relies on his special gifts to consume his prey. What happens when he meets the one woman immune to his unique abilities? M for dark lemons and dark themes
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 12 - Words: 64,273 - Reviews: 1481 - Updated: 3-12-10 - Published: 11-29-09 - Edward & Bella


Alright my dears let me tell you about this

EllusiveKoolaid and I are twitter pals through Lambie (authoress of fics like Tides, Wreckage and the list goes on and on and on you know Lambie and if you dont get to know her she is a blast)

NOW EK and I chat it up on twitter but since she writes a vamp fic she KNEW I was not reading it

THEN my hubs (@cryptthing on twitter) saw her chatting with me and saw a link for her story. Dave (hubs) at the time was just getting into fanfic (be jealous) so he clicked on the link after 2 chapters he said

something like

BABE you GOTTA read this it's fuckin HOT

and I was like

I don't know hon it's a vamp fic and you know I don't like vampires especially whiny broody ones

he said this one is NOT whiny and broody he is HOT

well I'll be damned but for ONCE a man was RIGHT

AND for the first time EVER I am handing over the reigns of the blog to my hubs (be nice to him..a little)

He is gonna NOW comment on Incubus Anomoly !!

Take it away Dave!!
Dave here ie @cryptthing
What can I say IA is definitely a good fic. I am by no means as into fan fic as Sue is, yes we are setting up an intervention soon, but for the small amounts of fics I do read I think IA is well written, and stays on task well. I especially can relate to how Edward and his brothers interact, esp walking in on Edward and Bella commenting "Fucking the neighbor lady. Nice." Good times. Well enough prattle from me, and sticking my foot in places it doesn't belong, lets get to the meat of this thang:
Oh Yeah read the damn thing!!
Sue: There you are
J to the Do: well helloooo
Sue: let me turn off Twitter it distracts me
J to the Do: fo sho...me too.
Sue: OK lets chat.

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
J to the Do: I originally had an idea for an original fic based on Nephillum which are fallen angels who slept with human women. I've always had this fascination with Incubi, sex demons. Prob 'cause I'm a dirty perv. And you get these statues with peen, srsly. Peen Idols... Then with the Twi universe, why not make Edward a sex demon. Srsly.
Sue: I think we need a pic of that!

Why do you think readers should read your story?
J to the Do: I dunno. This story so different from my first fic and after writing wishy washy, pushover Bella for nearly 30 chapters I wanted a Bella with more backbone. I wanted a different kind of Bella. And a different Edward, for that matter. I wanted more edge to the characters I was used to reading, and writing. I also hate cliche' and panto characters in fic. I try very hard not to make my characters overly panto.
Sue: SUE LOOK UP DEFINITION OF PANTO it is british Christmas play audience paticipation thing
J to the Do: ***Panto has a very definite format for characters where you know who good guys and bad guys are etc***

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically about this story?
J to the Do: Nope.

Do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever …
J to the Do: Music is a major thing for me. I have to have music, which is why I always include a playlist. I usually cut that playlist down to about 5 but there are usually about 20 songs that see me through each chapter.

What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
J to the Do: Rock in the corner until the first review comes in. Everytime I update, my heart is in my throat.

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
J to the Do: Yes. Like I said, music continually inspires me. The other night, I heard this song by Lynyrd Skynyrd called That Smell, on the radio. It's IA Edward all over...which means next chapter (chapter 12) is already taking shape in my mind.

What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
J to the Do: um. Rob is forever Edward. always. Bella usually doesn't have a specific face, she's usually pretty unique, I have her drawn in my head but I don't have a famous face for her.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
J to the Do: I have specific points that I'm working towards. I know what the end is, and I have specific plans for Bella and Edward, places I want them to reach mentally...and physically.

Do you believe in HEA?
J to the Do: I'm saying nothing.
Sue: damnit, there goes my subtle attempt at finding out the ending FOILED AGAIN!!!

Give me a list of your current projects.
Sue Stefanich: I mostly wanna hear about Rumward.... poor Bella was left tied to that mast in the sunlight I pity the bitch
J to the Do: LMAO. right, well...Obviously I have IA on the go. I'm also a judge in the Black Balloon Contest, *need angst now*. And yes, I'm developing plotlines for The Red Wake. I'm also looking at a cowboy fic...

Do you have any more fic plans in the future?
J to the Do: Like I said, the cowboy fic is taking shape in my mind and I'll be continuing The Red Wake. I want to have them nailed down before I start, tho. Who knows...depending on IA, I might consider writing more darkward. *shrugs*
Sue: YAY The Red Wake is Rumward BTW readers

What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
J to the Do: Twilight...I was a late cummer. I resisted it for a while, but it was that pay per view commercial that got me *It's the skin of a killah, Bella.* So I watched it. Twice. Then I ordered it again the next night. Then I devoured the books. Several times. But I needed more. BD was surprisingly...unsatisfactory. All burning fuse and no kaboom. I needed more. I'm convinced Midnight Sun is the gateway drug to fanfic. I was looking for more...Then I found A Life Extraordinary from Lolashoes. Jesus GAWD. that was it...it was all downhill from there. My husband misses me...

What is your background in writing?
J to the Do: I had a journal from a very young age. In high school, I wrote several short stories on a typewriter my mom and dad gave me when I was 13. I would bring pages in daily for my friends to read at school. Such. A. Nerd. I had my own column in our school newspaper, wrote my own stageplay for my senior year project, and tested out of English my freshmen year of university. I've always loved the written word, my first tattoo was words. I had to be. ....

FANTASY TIME
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SMs which one would you choose and what would you do? (If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards feel to substitute an actor here. Rob, Kellan, PFach or Jackson)
J to the Do: omg...I'm gonna be extra h00rish and claim two: I want 15 minutes with lambcullen's deckward from Tilt. I wanna fog up his glasses, and have hot dirty shower sex with him...unf. And Robward...jesus sparkling christ: this. all over. again. and again.

What is your FF pet peeve?
J to the Do: Sigh. I hate recap other POV for half a chapter. Does. My. Box. In.

16. What is your Fandom pet peeve?
J to the Do: Unnecessary drama. If people have beef, they should either keep it to themselves or speak directly with the person they're beefing with. We're all adults, aren't we?

17. Which character do you Identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
J to the Do: I wouldn't say I identify with Bella, which would be one of the most obvious answers...I'm almost done reading Eclipse for the gajillionth time, and she is SUCH A BITCH to Edward and Alice. I think I identify most with Edward. Cause I super want to kill Bella too. Kidding aside, I love the struggle that Edward constantly has...I also really like Jasper as a character. It's the angst surrounding him as a character...le sigh...

18. Which RL author inspires you?
J to the Do: Victor Hugo. He kinda pwns me.

Did any FF authors inspire you?
J to the Do: I would say I was inspired by Lolashoes, she is amazing and she has a way of writing feelings and intimacy that is so beautiful. I also like the way queenofgray writes, she's very poetic and the flow she has in her stories is dreamy.

19. If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
J to the Do: I would ask Rob (are we seeing a theme here...fangirl much?) if he would consider staying a couple of nights in Glasgow...... O.o
Sue: gee with who?? and what would you ask him do?
J to the Do: well he would cum stay with me...and then all I gotta say is FREEBIE FIVE.
Sue: damnit no details
J to the Do: *finally get those nude pics...*
Sue: OHHH BABY you better share!!!

20. Anything else you would like to add?
J to the Do: Thank you for this opportunity, it was a pleasure, and hope I don't sound like a member of Team Dumbass. #FTW (I totes hashtagged...) And thanks a lot to all the people who read and pimp and review. It means a lot to me. Srsly.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment