April 5, 2010

Sue's Interview with ebalways about 'Near You Always'


HAPPY MONDAY!!!

I am trying to talk myself into it too

You know I try to come up with something good to lead into the fic I wanna talk about ...and you know what today I got nothing ..

THAT does not matter!! this fic is something else

Near you Always

NYA

Near You Always by ebalways

and if that gif does make you wanna read I do not know what will ..

ok perhaps this

dreamy Edward

no??

ok ok how about

Snarky smart Bella with commitment issues?

An Edward who gave up living the high life for some unknown strange life altering experience (you find out as you read and IT IS A GOOD ONE!)

OK before I go all spoiler alert on you let me get up the summary!

Bella Swan is a young, successful book editor and not looking for any type of serious relationship. When her friend Emmett McCarty’s cousin returns to Seattle after a long absence and life changing events, will the gorgeous paramedic change her mind?

One of the most engaging this about this fic is how passionate the relationship is no not just the sexin which BTW is hot and sweet etc but the passion in ALL ways with them it feels very real

they have real fights they have one of the HOTTEST angry sex sexin scenes that I have EVER READ (and take it from me I READ A LOT OF DAMN SEX!!)

One of the hardest things for people to remember while reading this story is that even several chapters into the story they have only been together for a few months it is a NEW relationship with two people learning how to deal with real life stuff and each other and how to trust the other person and...oh to heck with my babbling Stacy can tell it all better so lets see what my deep probing questions can come up with!!!

Where did you get the idea for this story?
Well, I have to give credit to Rescue Me by venomousgal. I love the story and really liked the idea of Paramedic Edward. She gave me permission to borrow him, and the rest was just something that's been floating in my head for a while and has gradually pulled itself together.I should say that the story line had been running around in my head for a while, and I loved the idea of Paramedic Edward from reading her story. Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense to me, you like Tammy's story and a paramedic Edward is an idea that is not looked into much ...I have read BOTH fics and they are both very different from each other and have unique qualities that make them stand apart

What was your inspiration?
Jewel's song, Near You Always, off her first album. I wanted to write a love story that reflected the all consuming feelings she talks about, and I wanted to try to write something about building a solid, realistic relationship without all the usual fanfic twists.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
First and foremost, this story is about building a relationship from scratch, and all the passions and problems that come with it, especially when the main characters have little real experience to draw from. Readers have said that the characters are very real to them, and that's pretty awesome.

Why should readers read your story?
Well, that's a tough one. First off, I think it's different. Yes, it starts off fun and romantic, with a lot of UST, but it's evolved into a something much more. It's not filled with angst, but it's certainly got building drama - it's not a fluff piece. I've worked hard to develop the characters and their relationships as well, and I think that shows as the story builds. I think the relationship between BxE is very realistic, and readers seem to agree. I try very hard NOT to go the conventional fan fic route with plot and characters, because so many things have been done and redone. I think Near You Always has a fresh take on a lot of things and again, my readers seem to agree because I'm keeping them on their toes. The direction of the story is fairly unpredictable, and they seem to like that.

Any more fic plans in the future?
Yes. I will be doing some outtakes for NYA (I hope) and I have a couple different ideas in my head. My editor and I are working on an idea that I think is very original and will be really entertaining, and we'll probably start on that after NYA is complete.

What actor?actress do you picture as Ed/bella:
This is VERY tough, because I don't want to ruffle feathers. I have to say, when reading the books, I kept seeing Alexis Blidell as Bella, or possibly Ellen Page, but I could not get a clear image of Edward. The only person I could vaguely see was a young Johnny Depp, circa 21 Jump Street. I finished the books last fall (read them all at once) and then looked up the movie. The first time I saw Rob was on one of the MTV pieces they did, and I was thrilled - he physically embodies Edward, and I really can't see anyone else playing him. Kristen fit the physical features of Bella just fine ... I'm just not sure that she brings all of Bella's attributes to the screen, so I waffle on that one a bit.

(gigglesnort you said waffle BWHAHAHAHAHA da hoors know why this is funny!)

Do you believe in HEA?
Absolutely. Part of the reason I started writing my own fic was because I was tired of all the heart fail and I wanted to write something fun ... and to see if I could do it.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever ...
It's tough for me, because I have a precocious 3 (almost 4) year old that makes a lot of noise, lol. I try to write when she's at preschool, or in bed, but as far as doing something special, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to music, other times I sit at the kitchen table in silence.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
At this point, the general plot line is planned out, and I'm really excited about the surprises coming up. Many of the details write themselves with each chapter.

Is there anything at all you would like folks to know that was not covered by my Qs?
I do want readers to know that the story gets a bit more serious as the relationship grows, and while they face a couple of obstacles, it's not about breaking up and getting back together. It's about real life and dealing with it.

Do you have a posting schedule?
not a set schedule, but I almost always update once a week. I think 10 days had been the longest.

I'd also like to say that my editor Kristine and beta LZTZ (and Tammy when she was able to beta) have been extremely helpful. Kristine picks apart the chapters and really analyzes all the characters, as well as keeps my grammar in check. LZTZ also edits for content and granmar, and really thinks about what the characters are doing and if the chapter is spot on. I absolutely couldn't post without them, and their support is a big part of what keeps me going, as well as some of the great reviews I get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and there you have it !!!

This is a fic worth the read The author takes you on a nice trip with her tale and the romance and UST and sometimes the frustration just makes you wanna slap the characters!!
The angry sex in that one chapter .....what a way to relief some frustration! I usually throw plates at my hubs when he pisses me off ..perhaps we should try this technique instead!!

TOMORROW I am doing a poll and I have not gotten many suggestions from you all MY POLL is

What is your favorite FanFic Manip siggy with Rob??
So far I got two (I am desperately searching for the one from CWIA him all tatted up HAWT)

SO send me your ideas

Wednesday we have the fic
Rescue me by venemousgal (Tammy)

Thursday we are putting up some pics from Gia 's work and I am tossing in some eye candy from a paramedic calendar perhaps who knows what I will find we all know how I love to objectify men ...

OH I am a COMMENT HOOR leave them so I know if you love me or hate me

ALSO if you have any fics you think I should put up here then by all means TELL ME I am powerful but sadly one of my powers is not reading minds.....


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment