April 5, 2010

Sue's Interview with AngryBadgerGirl about 'Snide and Prejudice'

I am guessing folks did not "get" my poll

That is OK I have a weird sense of humor I will promise you all this I will never do an obscure poll again if I am outta ideas I will simply choose a couple of pics and have you vote on them or something

OK ON TO

TODAYS STORY

banner
(The Fabulous Tanja is created a fucktabulous banner !!)

Snide & Prejudice by AngryBadgerGirl


I am so happy about this one you know why??
I finally show all 13 of my loyal readers that I am not a super huge fic slut

THAT"S RIGHT I have a returning author for the FIRST time here on the blog!!!

I have to say that I am a very lucky fangirl I get to chat with a bunch of different authors and I get to learn all kinds of cool things about them

ABG and I we bond over Rob

big shock there
we make each other laugh

of course I never seem to be able to come up with the great Qs so I asked her my usual ones and we still had fun LOL

OK Snide and Prejudice Let me tell you how I found this I was on her LJ page reading an update to A&O and I saw she had a new story so me being ME I had to read

and I did

what I like about ABGs writing is how vividly I can see the people and how I can HEAR them speaking the lines and this one is P&P set in modern times an interesting take

here is her Summary :

Snide & Prejudiced: A Story of Absolutely No Consequence or Merit. This is a crossover with lots of banter between Edward and Bella. All human, canon pairings, rated M for lemons in later chapters.
Crossover - Twilight & Pride and Prejudice - Rated: M - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 26,013 - Reviews: 295 - Updated: 7-5-09 - Published: 6-3-09

so without further babbling on my part HERE is the interview

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration? 
I really saw the two stories would blend well but still retain their original qualities it would not become something unrecognizable

Why should readers read your story?
It’s an interesting cross over in the original Twilight cannon Smeyer included some of the stuff from P&P cause Edward is kinda like Darcy and Bella is kinda like Elizabeth It lends itself really well to a mash up

Any more fic plans in the future?
Finishing up TNGUS. Apples and Oranges. Snide and Prejudice and the Frenemies side shot for the Auction roughly 20,000 words and top contributors are getting their own “lemon drops” for contributing to the skittleward pool

What actor? actress do you picture as Ed/Bella 
Nathalie Portman , Evangeline Lilly (Kate from Lost) and Edward is DUH Rob

Do you believe in HEA?
(I feel so funny asking this cause I already KNOW what she is gonna say or so I thought the puppies skipping through fields of wildflowers with unicorns bringing warm cookies riding in on rainbows ...yeah it was said LOL she elaborated)
DUH I write Romantic Comedy does not matter if it if FF or movie etc 99.9% end happily that is just how it goes who am I to go against convention

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, whatever...?
I need lots of quiet cause I am very particular about my word choice and I need to concentrate ear plugs are my best friend of course when writing something it helps to be socially lubricated

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
It is all planned out and it will follow the basic plot structure of the original P&P

I know you are a passionate opinionated author and I love that spark in you so IF you could say one thing to people who leave non constructive negative reviews what would it be?
I would ask them to please use that time and energy that they spent writing a negative non constructive review and leave something positive for a fic they do enjoy positive reviews inspire writers to post leaving something negative and non constructive does not help anyone so instead use your time and energy in a positive way

You said in you’re A/N that this was an exercise in improving your crappy dialog . Did someone tell you your dialog sucks or is this self inspired?
Yes someone told me that my dialog was terrible I decided to write this to brush up on my banter using the pride and prejudice novel 1) the conversation and vocab is kinda advanced it is a challenge when using that language to make it witty and funny LOTS of UST the focus of the story is banter

I know you are busy do you plan on posting any more chapters to this fic?
This story is on hiatus because I am busy and all of the other ideas that are cramming in another plot has taken up occupancy in my brain TNGUS

And by being in Support Stacy auction I am bringing back a Frenemies one shot Team skittleward donated 1000$ toward the auction so I have a time limit to get this done
Probably getting back to S&P in about a month .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND there you have it tons of chatting went on behind the interview mostly we plotted ways to save Rob from himself you know so he goes out fully fed and in clothes that are clean and fit him basic mommy stuff

we also chatted about Rob movies we both like and how neither of us really follow any other actor the way we do Rob

I also told her that I twitter stalk her (do not judge you know you twitter stalk people too!)

OK since my Poll was not well received I think I will revise it in a new poll later today and then Friday you can listen to my hoors tell me to NEVER do that again

DO NOT FEAR I have a great idea for the new poll for this week YUP I sure do

ABG baby thanks again and do not worry about getting back to S&P just keep on giving me TNGUS

To team Skittleward, good work ladies. I am THRILLED that you are bringing back Sweets!! and his skittlejuice You all did a great job and donated for a terrific cause and I applaud you

*Sue is standing at her desk clapping her hands no*

DO NOT FORGET
leave me a comment I live for remarks


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment