April 10, 2010

Sue's Interview with Acireamos & Anuddaone about 'The Highwayman'

About SUE three things you should know for CERTAIN:

First SUE loves some period fics

SECOND SUE misses this fic ....

THIRD SUE is very very patient (stop that damn laughing !! I am for real!!)

THM
TH

 The Highwayman by Acireamos & Anuddaone

Edward chooses a life of danger over one of gentrified comfort. Did Bella, the beautiful innkeepers daughter influence his decision? Can he bring the two sides of his life together or is he destined to lose everything? Inspired by 'The Highwayman'.

OH how I have loved this story I thought I just romantised it so I went back and re read and NOPE it's still good and FUCKIN HOT. SERIOUSLY can you resist Edward on a horse? Or Edward getting a little something something from a very willing lower class Bella in the woods?
OR Jasper and Alice getting it on outside while an unsuspecting Bella listens in because she just happened upon the lovebirds??

DIFFERENT???

YUP

Interesting?

YUP

Smut mixed with plot?

SURE throw that in there too..

Now TO ALL OF YOU readers out there who WHINE to authors who have not updated in a week or two I have this to say to you

STFU

yes you heard me STFU

WHY???
SUE you are a reader doesn't it ANNOY you when authors don't update in a timely fashion???

well yeah but I have kids 5 of them and a life and there are TONS of fics to read while I wait. SO if you are one of the naughty readers Who leave authors reviews saying UPDATE SOONER or something to that effect OR if you PM authors bugging them about updating

I want you to remember THIS

The authors we all love and adore have LIVES

many have children or jobs or husbands some attend school and some do all of these things

some have gotten sick and have needed surgery or need surgery etc

You getting the idea yet???

OH AND you can't bitch cause this THIS fic one MY FAVS that I have been raving about since I started it back when I first started reading fics has not updated since

wait for it

JUNE

YOU HEARD ME !! so I have bragging rights and you can wait 2 weeks or 2 months or longer cause we are a supportive community and we love and support our authors !!! *MWAH*

OK enough of my rant .....again.....(ever notice I tend to repeat myself?)

I AM HAPPY to report that these two lovely ladies have NOT dealt with any harrassing PMs or messages according to them most readers have probably forgotten that thier fic exists!! LOL

SO lets check out my in depth investigative hard hitting interview with _____

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
acireamos (erica): i was actually listening to the poem "The Highwayman" sung by Loreena McKennitt when I started thinking about how it could turn out not so depressing, haha! I am sucker for a HEA and you definitely don't get one in that story so I talked with Aly, we were about to finish up Love Among the Stacks, about how we could change it. We met and worked out the basics over coffee and then started writing!

anuddaone (Aly): that was all AC...

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
ac: hmmm, I am not sure about how to answer this one. Maybe that we really appreciate our readers and think they are just amazing. It's so fun to write something that people get excited about and we have had some really great guesses about where the story is going! No one has hit it exactly but we have had some people guess things that have already come to pass.

Why should readers read your story?
ac: oh, gosh. um, I am not really good at self-promotion sooooo I guess if you like a haughty Edward that secretly pines for his Bella, we are right up your alley!
AN: So, I will promote this story, because AC has this story mapped out and everyone should be excited to see where it is going - I am and I know the whole thing! And there's smut every chapter so far, so that's fun too...

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever …
ac: sometimes to get back in the mood, I will listen to the song again, the Loreena McKennit one. With my RL schedule like it is, it can take weeks (ok, months!) between writing sessions and it helps me to get back in the right frame of mind. I also listen to a lot of mood music, depending on the scene I am writing. It has tended towards the sort of breathy, emo sort with this story because Edward (I write the EPOV's) has been in such an emo funk for most of the story.
anuddaone (Aly): it has to be all but silent for me to really get into it...sometimes i just stay after hours at work just so i don't get distracted, and most of the time i have to know where Erica is in her part to get motivated to do mine...

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
ac: no official soundtracks. I have songs I listen to a lot when writing, like I will get into one artist and listen to them non-stop. I listened to Imogen Heap a lot when writing Stacks but other than that nothing so specific. I would LOVE to see what our readers could come up with as far as a soundtrack. It's always interesting to see what music other people associate with our stories.

What actor/actress do you picture as Edward and Bella?
ac: Rob in Vanity Fair is my Edward for this story. I also love Henry Cavill, but we are using him as our James inspiration for this one, haha! I think he makes a great sexy villain! We had a tough time finding just the right Bella. Finding an actress that isn't a stick insect is hard to do; we toyed with the idea of Anne Hathaway and there is a British actress that was in the Fanny Hill mini-series. She was a little older than I imagined Bella, but fit the look pretty well.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
ac: we pretty much have it laid out chapter by chapter. Now, things change all the time, but it gives me a guideline. I tend to put in smut where none was planned. I can't help it, its like a disease for me, haha!
an: We do have the outline of events and then we take it from there individually, knowing what is going to happen that chapter in each point of view but it is always fun to see what the other has come up with so that we can fit the two pieces together. I am never surprised to have AC chat me with new twist and ideas to make it all that much better...

Do you have a posting Schedule ? If so what is it ?
ac: hahaha! I am snorting now! We really wanted to post every couple of weeks and things have just not worked out that way.

Do you believe in HEA?
ac: I am a total sucker for HEA! There are stories that warrant an unhappy ending or work better with one, but I hate to write that stuff!
anuddaone (Aly): i don't think i could write a story that did not have a HEA...or read one if it looked like it was heading for unhappiness...i am a fluff kind of person a lot of the time...

Any more fic plans in the future?
ac: I actually have something outlined to collaborate on with Halojones but we have both been so busy all we end up doing when we chat is making fun of robsten. Aly and I have talked about a Love Among the Stacks sequel and have worked out some of the plot lines and I am always having ideas for more fics, haha! It's just finding the time...

What brought you to fanfic? To twilight?
ac: I think for me, it is the same as a lot of people. I read the first 3 books in 3 days and wanted more while I waited for Breaking Dawn to come out. I don't know what it is with Twilight, it's like crack or something! I heard about fan fic on twilightmoms and finally found fanfiction.net where all the madness started, hah!
an: i read the books after them being rec'ed to me by an HP site and then i couldn't put them down...after my 3rd read through of the first three books i had to find something else...and I found FF.net...and it all went from there...

What is your background in writing?
ac: I was an English/Creative Writing nerd in high school (all those years ago, haha!) and was always writing something or other: poems, crazy soap opera-ish stories, haikus.
an: i have no background in writing...when i suddenly had this desire to write something it surprised me, but it was just something I wanted to do and I had very little else going on outside of work so I figured why not, even though I was not sure that my writing was really any good, i figured it was just for fun anyway and went with it...

sooo what have you guys been up to that has prevented you from updating as regularly as you would like?
ac: School. I am in an Interior Design program that requires a lot of work and sometimes don't see my family for days which makes it hard to justify fan fic, haha!

Which character do you see yourself as? And who would you like to see yourself with?
ac: Well, I identify with Bella more than any other character in the series but I don't really see myself as her. I think SMeyer did a good job by making Bella sort of a placeholder for every girl that has felt like she didn't measure up (and i think that is about 99.9% of women) and that allowed all of us to see ourselves in her place. In fanfic though it's different. You get more of a specific characterization for Bella usually, which I think is the beauty of fan fic; we all sort of get to put our spin on the Twilight kids.

Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
ac: I am a huge Diana Gabaldon fan! I just love the whole Outlander Series. She does so much research for her stories its amazing! Hmmm, as far as ff authors go there are some really good ones out there. The ones that can write an amazing story, drawing people in and really mesmerizing people, that is like rated T are just magical to me. Trust in Advertising was like crack to me, and rated T at the same time. Now, I like smut but that was a real story, one that didn't need sex in it to keep me interested. She had great dialog and just a really well developed storyline. And Vjgm is like one of the nicest ladies I have ever met! She was being fangirled at Twicon and was like "pssh, not me". And Halojones. She is like my freaking idol! I squee everytime I chat with her because she one of the writers that can bring so much humor to what could be awkward situations in a fic. She is freaking hilarious! The things she comes up with just kill me! In IHMFLY she has hands down one of the best Emmett's ever, better than SMeyers cardboard cut-out Emmett. And she always has the best music references, which is hard to do! And she picked Dan Carter as her Emmett. Enough said.

Any recs for us?
ac: I am really liking Times New Roman, she has the best non-traditional Edward yet. He has a paunch and a pantyhose fetish, I just love it. I also love Illegal Contact. I hate the Dallas Cowboys and I still love this story, hahaha! I am also loving Geek Love...nerds are sort of my thing. I can't help it!

anuddaone (Aly): I am in love with Take the Cake, I like the writing style and love all of her characters...and just caught up on Illegal Contact after AC suggested it and love it as well...

Anything else you would like to add?
ac: just thanks for interviewing us! We are really lucky to have readers that have been so understanding about our lax posting and just really great in general, staying interested in the story. We want people to know that we are almost halfway through the story now, so there is still a lot more to happen and we definitely plan on getting to it, we just have to work around our schedules!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wasn't that great?? I am so happy to hear that they are working on updating soon !!

So tell me my dears WHAT fic do you miss the most ?? you know the one fic that has not updated in what seems like forever??

ALSO if you have fic authors you would like me to talk talk let me know!!
OR if you are a fic author and you want to know if I would feature you here FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME I love to talk to people and I read loads of fics you never know I might already be reading yours!!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment