April 11, 2010

Tanja's interview with miztrezboo

  The Appointment on FF.net, on Twilighted

TA Summary: Insert, thrust, repeat. Boredom sends Bella into a world of discovery landing in an awkward situation between the gardner, pool guy and the tool shed. Will couples therapy work or will a Dr Southern Sass need a private Appointment? OOC AH/AU
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 13 - Words: 89,479 - Reviews: 379 - Updated: 1-27-10 - Published: 3-28-09 - Bella & Jasper


WTRMTS Summary: What happens when the beginning is the end... Edward and Bella are forever linked by a past that is littered with things left unsaid, will they find a way back together? Dark Themes AH/OOC
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 11 - Words: 85,814 - Reviews: 338 - Updated: 2-8-10 - Published: 8-24-09 - Edward & Bella

I can't even remember how or when I found Miztrezboo's stories (probably while checking out the new stories on Twilighted) but I know that, like with @EdwardsBloodTpe's stories, I didn't realize that it's the same author writing both fics until much later. (I told you I suck!)

But let me tell you one thing about The Appointment:
 
Dr. Hot Bitch

Yup, you read right, there is talk about him. In fact, the story starts with some pretty intense Dr. Hot Bitch sexing (and I believe that's why I got hooked on the fic)

Here's her A/N for the first chapter:
The good Doctor Cullen can't help but lust after his now favorite Tuesday Temptress. To relieve his aching need without losing his license he takes liberty's with an old friend and suddenly the terms Oral Examination and Root Canal take on a WHOLE new meaning... 

Sounds interessing, right? I thought so too and kept reading. Enter chapter 2 and we meet "Sexy Bella". We learn that Bella is married to Edward and while he's still the love of her life, she's plain and simple bored of vanilla (in every way possible) "Sexy Bella craved the naughty, Sexy Bella just liked... sex" And that's why she's in therapy (for some other reasons too but I won't go there, you'll have to read for yourself). You wonder who's her psychiatrist?

Well, Dr. Jasper Cullen aka Dr. Southern Sass of course!

Here's a quote from the chapter:

Holy. Effing. Baby Jesus.

Dirty great black riding boots that led up to tight; worn in faded blue jeans that had black marks, grease maybe over the back pockets. Oh... the back pockets.

Tight, round, apple shaped, Buns of Steel.
IKR? So if you're interested in some sexy times with a really great plot (and if you don't mind Bella getting it on with people that are NOT Edward) go read!

I'd love to tell you something about WTRMTS too but unfortunately I'm not up-to-date with it. Just believe me when I say that it's a great (DARK) story.

Here's what Miztrezboo has to say:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?

The Appointment came from sitting in the Doctors waiting room and a guy, very similar to the description of Jasper in chapter one walked in. My brain, seeing as I was completely bored and had been waiting for over twenty minutes to get in - started in on what he was doing, why he was late, who he was and about accidentally running into him in the carpark.. and TA suddenly was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where The Road Meets The Sun came from the song of the same name by Matthew Perryman Jones and Katie Herzig. I was headed out on a mini break at the beach and I heard it on my iPod, and a few line's really stuck. I started writing the prologue on a scrap of paper and it went from there, once I got to the hotel I sat down and started really writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Probably the only thing I think everyone should keep in mind with WTRMTS is the lyrics from the song the title is from, it pretty much gives you an idea of where the story outline is and what happens along the way.

3. Why should readers read your story?
I have no idea.. ask someone who does read it and maybe they'll have some type of coherent response LOL

4. Do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever …
Music. I can't write without some sort of song that has emotion behind it. I have playlists for all my fic's and it's often music that inspires my writing more than anything else.

5. What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
Open my "To Reads" folder and indulge in chapters of stories I love that I've been putting off to get a chapter done.

6. Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
I have playlists for each. They really do affect the way I write and sometimes if I hear a song and a few lines hit me, it can change the outline of a story or add a new chapter. There on my Youtube account but once I get my blog all sorted out, they'll be up there too. Most of my fic's are up on Live Journal, Twilighted and the Writers Coffee Shop Library not for any MAJOR reason apart from I like to spread myself around and see what people think. Yes, I'm a review h00r. I'll admit it.

7. What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
Always Rob for Edward. He was never my Edward when I was reading the books and anytime I do manage a reread he isn't who I see in my head, but when writing he is. Bella, mostly Kristen but then, again, the characters who I see in my head can't really BE based on anyone entirely, they're little bits of the actors mixed with my own imagination.

8. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
The Appointment is completely worked out to the last chapter. There have been add in's and the ending has two different ways it could go. But, I am pretty set in getting the characters - and hopefully the readers - from point a to point b and having them satisfied with the outcome.

With Where The Road Meets The Sun it's more a general outline, no chapters as such but events and points that need to happen. I find both have their good and bad points. Even though I have TA planned out I can still find it hard to start or move through a chapter, and the same with WTRMTS, I have leeway but sometimes there can be a thing as too much freedom as to how the story is flowing.

This is the reason I have my plot bunny wondertwin Nostalgicmiss. She really is the other half of my brain when it comes to working out what I'm doing and where I'm going. She knows my characters and the storylines and their pasts just as well as I do and really wouldn't happen without her.

9. Do you have a posting schedule? If so what is it?
I did have one last year, I liked to post between 7 and 10 days. I've been off that track since December with auction fics and the holidays and I'm hoping after February to get back into that groove again. I hate not updating regularly and leaving readers wondering if they'll ever get a chapter again. I was a reader WAY before I entertained the idea of writing so I know what its like to wait for a chapter of something you love. In saying that, I also know how excited I get when a Fic I love that hasn't updated in a while DOES arrive in my inbox, it can be like an unexpected present you drop everything for. I also don't believe in filler chapters, if the characters aren't speaking to me and I can't get the words out.. a chapter will take longer until I, my prereaders and my beta are happy.

10. Do you believe in HEA?
Realistic HEA yes. The romantic in me loves the idea of a perfect Disney ending. The realist in me believes in people having an ending that could happen. Not always does Prince Charming end up with Cinderella. Sometimes his younger brother gets the girl.

(Q courtesy of Mels) Give us a Random Fact about yourself
Random fact about me. I secretly read and am addicted to Harry/Draco slash over at the RestrictedSection.org that Mischief_Maker1 put me onto. Its a guilty habit that I can't kick. (Photo Link) (I'm not gonna say how much I <3 her after she said that! )
11. Give me a list of your current projects AND do you have any more fic plans in the future?

Current.

The Appointment
Where The Road Meets The Sun
Washington and Thirteenth Street (for the Twilight25 challenge)
Road Trip on Route 666 colab with Nostalgicmiss which is a little AU vamp funny that we concoccted over a really late night/early morning for Bendingmirrors birthday. We had so much fun on it we decided to continue it. It makes us laugh and apparently a few others ;o)

Coming up.. oh I have so SO many ideas its not funny but I have pinned down at least two definites that are somewhat in the works already.
Lil Red - a Bella/Edward non angst for a change just to keep my Beta ilsuocantante happy while I make her read ...
Corner of Our Street - a Rose/Edward angsty delight that I can't WAIT to really get into.
Subway Stalker - Em/Rose for Hmonster4 as part of her Support Stacie auction win
Lammy and the Two J's - a Bella love triangle story with Jasper/James.
Grown Ups - a little relationship experiment inspired by a awfully B grade John Stamos movie I happened to see on late night TV a week or so ago.

12. What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
Twilight I found in mid 2008 after seeing the interview Stephenie Meyer did with Matt Lauer on The Today show for Breaking Dawn. I was intrigued by the book cover and bought Twilight that day. Read it all during my lunch break and the train ride home, finished it and rang and abused my sisters for not TELLING me of this series existence considering how much I adore Vampire fics and fantasy novels in general. I bought the last of the series the next day and locked myself away for the weekend rereading all four books about three or four times. I don't think I slept until Sunday night and that was probably for three hours lol.

Fanfiction came from checking out SM's website, reading all her outtakes and then clicking on the Twilight Lexicon I found a link to something called Fan Fiction. The first one I read was something called "Pretty Woman and Jagermeister" by the lovely Manyafandom (it's now called The Arrangement). I lost the bookmark for where I was reading and after a quick google search found the holy grail that is Fanfiction.net and from then, the rest was history.

13. What is your background in writing?
I've always loved writing since I was about nine or ten. My family had this REALLY old typewriter - the kind with ribbon - and I'd always play around on it. Creative writing is an outlet for me and one I think now I'll never actually stop.

14 OK FANTASY TIME
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SMs which one would you choose and would you do? (If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards feel to substitute an actor here. Rob, Kellan, PFac or Jackson)
I love a LOT of Edward's but most people know I have a THING for Emmett. I love the background of his character in the books but Fanfiction really opened him up... taking the small humorous comments and loving big brother pieces that made him up and expanding on these. To pick ONE Emmett would be far too difficult so I'm just going with off the top of my head

HMonster04's Emmett in Deconstructing Dracula, he was so amazingly sweet and funny with Bella on the plane to England I kind of always liked the idea that if Edward hadn't of turned up something MAY have happened between them
SleepyValentina's Em in Counterpoint/Art After 5 was such a pillar of strength and a great big brother figure for Edward. He makes me smile everytime he pops up in her stories.
Hmonster04 really writes some perfect Emmett's... I kind of love her for that. Especially in Blueberries and Copper Wire and especially Divinity and Redemption
Lipsmacked was probably one of the first I read whose Em's really made an impact on me. I LOVED and fell in love with her Em in So Obvious

15. What is your FF pet peeve?
I've read at the very least a minimum of over 400 fics since I started in the fandom (when I first started reading on FFn there was about 10k of fics available... last time I checked it was over 100k .. could possibly be more) so the cliche'd Barbie Bella and Southern Emo Jaspers and certain lines from the books really annoy me. Currently Alice the cockblocker is enough for me to hit the little cross and find a new read.

16. What is your Fandom pet peeve?
People forgetting it's fanfiction and its for FUN. FUN is the operative word. Nobody makes money out of this. Nobody writes their fanfic as the be all and end all of their life. Generally people taking this far too seriously. I'm here to read amazing writing that for some reason I'm lucky enough to get for free and I haven't had to buy a book in over a year. What more could you ask for?

17. Which character do you Identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
I'm not sure if I could identify with any character more or less. I love writing from Bella and Rose points of view so there may be something there. Who would I see myself with? My love of Emmett knows no bounds and as a friend, probably Rosalie. She's a hardcore bitch, but she is unapologetically loyal.

18. Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
Real life would probably be Sara Douglass or Patricia Kennealy-Morrison. Patricia's books are hard to find but they were the first fantasy novels I ever read and made me fall in love with the genre. Sara for the fact every series she writes I fall in love with. Her books are so filled with imagery and emotion from other worlds you can see it play like a movie in your head.

Fanfiction.. she's going to hate me but I'd have to say both my twin and my beta. Nostalgicmiss has this story telling ability that weaves you into the world of her characters so easily it seems effortless. Ilsuocantante for the poetic, emotional words that pull you in and tug on your heart strings in a sentence. Whenever I read something she or Annanabanana write I feel like I should close up shop and never write a word again.
JandCo and WTVOC for their colaborations.. each and every one I've fallen in love with but I STILL remember bits from Scotch, Gin and the New Girl .. also another Emmett I loved especially in the outtakes where he shines. JandCo really won me over with MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) and with The Teenage Angst Brigade because of the REAL HEA that fit her characters.. I love that.
For comedy, I adore AngryBadgerGirl and Feathers_mmmm, they both tend to hit the funny bone in almost slapstick and smart comedic ways. Mrs.TheKing I am absolutley in awe of. From reading and absorbing Poughkeepsie with its layered characters and situations to the rollingly funny and oh so disturbing Gyzanole she owns a part of my reading soul with her skills.
My go to slash writer would have to be Starfish422 , Over The Top was one of the first completely Slash fic's I'd ever read and I fell in love with her characters and their story. Ahizelm writes relationships so .. real it's like you could walk into a party and see these characters in action and in most cases want to be friends with them. Subtlepen for stories that seem like absolute snapshots of moments that occur to everyday people you could actually know.
Fiberkitty and Mischief-Maker1 for introducing me to the idea of Polyamory and complete and utter mindfuckery. DefinitelyStaying for making a BDSM read something much more with The Forbidden Room and its continuing series.

I could go on and on and I'm sure people will be .. huh, she never mentioned me ... but the names on my favorites list on Fanfiction.net pretty much speak for those that I will read EVERYTHING they ever decide to share with the fandom.. maybe even if they jump ship and write for something completely different too.

19. If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
I have no idea. Let's go with Nikki and if she felt like a complete tool saying the Monkey Man line. I loathe it.

20. Anything else you would like to add?
Um, thank you? I still feel really weird that someone would want to interview me let alone want to know anything about what I write... I'm boring as hell! So thanks Tanja and those who were interested in reading!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment