April 9, 2010

Mel's Interview with FearlessPanda about 'Shirt Thief Wanted, Reward Offered'

A One-Shot fit to a T(ee)
By (Mel) Little Miss Whitlock
Its One-Shot week and I feel very honored to be able to guest blog here! My selection for this week is a one-shot that really captured my attention and made me smile, made me laugh, and made me aww all at the same time! Upon one of my many trolls amongst fanfic, I happened upon this little gemstone. FearlessPanda is her name, and this tasty little T-rated one shot had me captivated within the first few paragraphs:

He quickly grabbed his backpack, took the car keys from his desk and made his way to the door, but not before stealing one last glance at his shirts in the wardrobe.
For the love of god he knew it.
One fucking shirt was missing.
It’s called “Shirt Thief wanted, Reward offered” and if the title isn’t enough to make you go “what?” then check out the summary:
Someone's been stealing Edward Cullen's shirts. "You love her so much, she makes you want to throw up?" - "Yes." My entry for the "When Love Was New" contest.
Yes, readers, FearlessPanda’s only fanfic posted is from the “When Love Was New” contest. And it’s fabulous! If this offering is any indication of what’s to come, you’ll most definitely want to put her on Author Alert!
I won’t give away too much because really, after you’re done reading, I want you to scurry over and read it yourself (and leave her a review, bonus cookies if you tell her I sent you!)! But I will tell you this—TeenElla and TeenWard are the cutest little couple—without all the M-rated smut, this fic should fill you up, yet still leave you wanting more.
I was lucky enough to get the chance to exchange a few words with Miss Panda and I was impressed with what I discovered.
** **
Mel: What made you decide to want to write a one-shot?
FP: Actually I've always loved writing and stuff. I started writing some song lyrics when I was 14 and writing stories and One Shots is just a good way to escape the real world for a while. I'm inspired by nearly everything life offers and my head would explode if I didn't write it down. :)

Mel: How did you come up with the idea for Shirt Thief?
FP: I love stealing my friend's shirts.

Mel: What is one thing you'd like your readers to know about you/ your entry?
FP: 'Shirt Thief' is my very first story on FF. So I was quite nervous and I thought everyone would just find it extremely cheesy. Oh, and I actually live in Germany. English is not my mother tongue - unfortunately.

Mel: What brought you to twilight fanfic?
FP: Uh, long story. I can't remember the details anymore but I guess I knew about FF and I kept seeing alot of Twilight stories on the favourite stories list of some awesome authors. So I read one One Shot and I immediately fell in love with Twilight fanfiction.

Mel: Do you have plans for more stories?
FP: Yes, actually I do. However I won't start working on them until Christmas Break since I have to study for some exams first. Another One Shot is already finished and I just need a beta to correct it.

Mel: Do you use Twitter to connect with your readers? If so, would you like to share your @?
FP: Haha, I don't really have any readers who would be interested in my updates. :) But yes, I use Twitter. It's : missconcon

Mel: Say anything you want to right here :)
FP: Thanks to everyone who read Shirt Thief and wrote a heart-warming review. It was kinda terrifing for me to post my very first story, but you made so much easier for me. Big Pandahugs to you!
** **
So there you have it—Conny is one heck of a gal and I insist you go check her out!
Contact links:
Her twitter: @missconcon
Her fanfic page: http://www.fanfiction.net/~fearlesspanda
Mel’s twitter: @melsvfp
Mel’s fanfic page: http://www.fanfiction.net/~littlemisswhitlock

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment