February 12, 2013

Lumberjack in Love by Penny Watson

Lumberjack In LoveLumberjack In Love by Penny Watson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My reason for reading this book starts out like many things

One day I was hanging out on twitter, and in my timeline I saw someone say something to someone else about beards.

Those that know me know that I have an extreme fondness for the manfur. I do not like waxed bodies,or baby faced boys unless they are Channing Tatum. he is the one rare exception and that has everything to do with his business sense and his dancing skills




I swear it really does!

I got to chatting with this author so I bought her book. Like others have said, it is a low angst funny read. It grabbed me from the start and right up to the end it was an "awwww that is so sweet" kind of a story.

I giggled especially at his reaction to her redecorating his house with plants. I do that to hubs all the time--I buy plants, I propagate the ones we have, and most of the time the house looks like a jungle.

not my plants but they are pretty
This is a short book only 10 chapters
It is a feel good romance between a snarky in control grown up woman who has some mild insecurities (she is not debilitated by them, she does not need hours of therapy or massive doses of meds) which keep her from trusting people.

Our Hero, Beardy Marcus, is amazing--swoony and manly and never fails to put city slicker Ami in her place.

Yes, there is more to know but for me this is a big one:
 this book makes my love of beards not look like a strange fetish for those of us who live in the north.
It explains why kissing a man with a beard is not as bad as many think.

(GOOD PLACE FOR BEARDY GUY PIC,SUE)I agree Autumn, I agree.

Marcus is also intelligent and sweet and goes toe to toe with Ami He does not hold back.

The banter.

OH the Banter!

Foreplay with words.
I like this book very much because it does not add tons of unnecessary drama to drive our people together instead it gives you sweet lovin fun realistic romance
the kind of story you might hear from friends when asked "so how did you two meet?"

You will indeed fall in love. I know I did. This is a feel good book. I hope you like it as much as I did !

I know this is a short review but if I say anymore I will spoil things and you really want to be able to experience this one for yourself! 


View all my reviews
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Penny Watson said...

Dude! This is the greatest review ever! (I'm ignoring the pics of beardless Channing--what kind of name is Channing anyway? That is bizarre!)...

I LOVE the beardy pics and the plants. This is fabulous! I am so happy you enjoyed the book.

Many, many thanks! :^)

Sue said...

I love the book when people are looking for a sweet romance low on angst I ask them "do you have an issue with manfur?" if they say "I like manfur" I tell them to read this
You know what I forgot to add in here I forgot to put in a pic of Tom Sellecks chest hair as an example of how NOT to do manfur

Post a Comment