June 20, 2011

SOME Harry Potter O/S for you




ALRIGHTY, when we did the poll a few months ago about what you people want to see on SYTYCW some voted on more coverage of other fandoms. Now, as you may know, I do not have time to read in all fandoms and read real books and deal with real life at the same time. I mean if I read in all the fandoms when would I find time to play on Twitter?


So mostly I read in HP and Twilight. I would love to find something fabulous in say, Hunger Games fandom (any recs let me know!) or in Pride and Prejudice fandom (same thing) or even GASP the Time Travelers Wife. Well you get the idea...


So lets talk some fic


I know that several of you have listened to me and have read Finding Himself. Good job, I hope you enjoyed it. As you can see from our HP Fic stuff page as well as from our interview/reviews we have some fabulous HP fics and there are TONS of places to read them.


The only thing I ask of you is to remember that the HP fandom has been around for a LONG timeS. o look for completed fics OR O/S OR for fics being updated recently it will save you a LOT of frustration.


Sadly I do not have many Cedric/Hermione fics to rec, they are just not out there.


SO TODAY I want you all to join me in checking out these lovely O/S
staring: DRACO


Now, now don't get all freaky on me. The neat thing about Draco in many fics I have found is what is called reformed Draco basically the author takes the character and something has happened to him in that fics history to make him change so he is not ALL bad.


If you saw the last movie or read the books you know that Draco is a multi level deep character. He is not evil, he is a kid that was lead astray and was raised with prejudices.


I give you some of the cute fluffy and even a sad oneshots. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and remember I WANT to hear from you so let me know what you think and in between reading these I give you some lovely pics of Tom Felton as well!!


We start with 101 ways to woo Hermione Granger


This little O/S is a series of letters written by a stubborn suitor to his love. You get the gist of the story from only his side and there are so many reasons to love it. He is snarky, witty, determined and funny. It is just so cute


I asked a friend, who also reads HP fic, for recs and she gave me a few links. Here is her fav Drarry (Draco/Harry) for you slash lovers out there: http://serpentinelion.livejournal.com/116556.html


Guess I gotta read it to find out what that is about (Slash is just not my thing. No matter how much Drarry fans try to convince me that Draco/Harry belong together. I just CAN'T)


Back to my HET recs Dramione (Draco/Hermione)


Amistlemour
This is a Christmas themed O/S. I love it for the extra character and the neato twist IMO it is a cute fic. Read it, if you are disappointed tell me why LOL


OH and this one is a ficlet Bus Stop and OH MY is it sweet.
Hermione visiting her aunt, takes the bus to get out of Muggle London and who does she run into at the bus stop? A flirty, reformed, Draco who is on his way to his job. He is a taste tester at an ice cream shop. Silly? Yes but super cute. The interactions take place mostly at the bus stop. I really enjoyed the little convos between them.


I think that is enough to wet your whistle. Please let me know if you want more of these and if you read them leave feedback. Not just for the author but also FOR ME I wanna know if people like these as much as I do!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment