February 24, 2011

Sue's interview with Stupidsuckedinreader about her fic




After college, Edward Cullenman and Bella Swanstein must work on their relationship. Sometimes getting to forever can be a bit meshugana. M for lemons and K for Certified Kosher.


Ahhhhh Kosherward.....
Many of you who know me, know that the series of 4 o/s of The Eight Nights of Delights is my go to make-me-giggle fic, especially chapter 2 from HIS POV.

I met this author because I fell in love with her username. Really who could not love the name Stupidsuckedinreader? 

Ever since reading Eight Nights of Delights I have been gently badgering her to give me more Kosherward. I love him deeply because he has to have the most honest, open, beautiful, naughty, real male POV I have ever read. 

This fic is full of of some stereotypes. She plays them up, especially the Jewish mother who oddly enough reminds me a great deal of my Catholic Grandma with her advice and nosiness. It also has the two great lovers grown up and grown apart -  not due to anything huge an agnsty but because of silly misunderstandings.

He wanted to set them up for life. Get married, have babies - that was his life plan. She wanted to be independent, still dating him but not being expected to get married and being a Jewish baby factory with his name as her only identity.
They split up.

This is the story of how they get back together and live with the various expectations put upon them by friends and family.

What I like most about this story is that the characters really come to life for me. The banter, the way they deal with things, are very real and not over the top and dramatized. 

Everyone can identify with them and the pressures they get from all sides 
and lets face it, Zayin is a funny side character with a mind all his own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward
What was it that gave you the ‘spark’ for your story?   Was it a picture? A moment or event? Can you remember the initial inspiration?
My inspiration comes from my parents, or rather my mom. She used to use a line with my father, they met and dated in college, 'I gave you the best semesters of my life'. My mom would break up with my dad a lot when she thought he didn't want to commit; he'd always come back to her. They've been married going on forty years!

I wanted to use this line in a story with Edward Cullenman and Bella Swanstein.

Do you have a particular process when it comes to your writing, perhaps a certain mood, environment or music? Do you have any ‘triggers’ to get you in the writing mood?
I write in front of the television. Usually my husband is watching Fox News and I am tuning it out. Also, Summer, my nine-month old Tibetan Terrier puppy has to be busy with some type of toy. Lately I have been taking a flossie and sticking it into a kong. It is less dirty than it sounds.

Bella and Edward
Give us an elevator pitch. Say you’re in an elevator with a prospective reader for 2 minutes – what would you tell them about the
story
Edward and Bella are rekindling their college romance, while struggling with real life. He is a first year associate; she's in her first year of business school. Oh, and they are Jewish and funny. Also, Edward has named his penis, Zayin, which is Hebrew for Penis and Zayin will take over Edward's train of thought.

Do you picture particular actors for your characters, or are they someone else entirely? If so, who?
Lea Michele is my Bella Swanstein. If I was only using Jewish actors, I would use Rachel Bilson, though 20 years ago I would have said Jennifer Grey (before the nose job and 40 years ago I would have said Barbara Streisand).   For Edward it is Rob, of course, but if we are sticking with Jewish actors, then Shia LaBeouf.

For Emmett, I picture someone like Eli Roth. Jasper I picture a tall Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Alice is tough, but I would say Mila Kunis, Rosalie is Nikki Reed - she's Jewish. (source)
Emmett
Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
Some parts are planned out but most of it is fly by the seat of my pants. I do have lots of crazy mom scenes planned out.

Do you have a Beta and would you like to give him/her a shoutout here?
FanpireMama is my wonderful beta and Wheather79 is my pre-reader.

Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
I have another story, The Bottom Line, which is on hiatus as I have lost my corporate mojo at the moment. I am also working on a short story called Disrobed.

What was it that brought you to Twilight fanfic? What is it that has kept you here (besides your own writing)   
I tore through the books and wanted more, after reading blogs and such, I finally succumbed to fanfiction

Do you have a background in writing? 
Rosalie
Not at all, unless you count high school journalism. I really haven't taken a formal writing course since Freshman year English in college. Also, I don't recall ever learning grammar in school. I think it was taught on Jewish Holidays.


How about your creative self-confidence?  By nature writers tend to be a notoriously insecure lot so how are you finding the online writing experience?
I am totally insecure about writing.This has become a very fun hobby for me. Yes, it's a hobby, like knitting is to some people.  

Do you tell your friends and family that you’re an online author with a devoted following, or is this something that you tend to keep for yourself?
I am totally in the closet. Unless I get really drunk.

Is there a particular character in your story that you identify with the most?  
I love Edward Cullenman - there is lot of my husband in Edward Cullenman.
Jasper

Which RL author(s) inspires you?
Ugh, I haven't read a real book in a while and I have so many books to read.

Did any FF authors inspire you?   What was it that had you reading FF and thinking “I could do this”?
I honestly don't remember, but ideas get in my head and i started writing. Of course, I had no idea about how to do dialog tags and the like, at the time.
What advice would you give to an aspiring fanfic writer?
Get an idea and run with it.

Give us a Random Fact about yourself?
I was dropped on my head as a baby.

If you could have 15 minutes with anyone alive or dead real or fictional who would it be and what would you say to them?
Louisa May Alcott. I think it would be amazing to talk with her.

What is your FanFic Pet peeve? 
Alice
Not researching. It is so easy to open up a web browser and do a simple search. Seriously you can find anything - when did the Seattle Sea hawks play in 2005? What is the proper corporate structure of a law firm? When was a certain movie release. The internet is a wondrous place.

What is your Fandom Pet peeve?
Authors not taking constructive criticism and reviewers reviewing to be mean. If you have nothing nice to say, then close your browser and stop reading the story. However, if you find a mistake in the story, gently point it out to the author. Again, most of us do this as a HOBBY! 

Anything else you would like to add? 
Nah...


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment