December 15, 2010

Undiscovered Gems

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


on TWCS

Bella loves Edward, much more than she should. Edward is an addict, and Bella deals with it. Years of this cycle begin to take its toll, and Bella is fed up. A near fatal accident forces Edward into a coma, making Bella re-examine her previous decision. Will she stay, or is it all too much?


WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Edward going into a coma in fanfic isn't new. Usually, something bad happens to him, he goes under, and then he wakes up fine after a short period of time. It's never the story, only a short blip on the map. These fics always left me unsatisfied, because that doesn't happen in real life. So, I wanted to write something that centered around the coma itself, and the aftermath. 

Where did you get inspiration?
It came from a real life event that happened to my husband seven years ago. You never know how much drama can happen in these types of situations until you live them yourself. It has haunted me from the moment of his accident. I've wanted to put this down for years, but knew that I could never write it as a nonfiction. So, I decided to distance myself a bit and make it an Edward and Bella tale.  

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
There are a few things, in my opinion, that stand out. One, there is a lot of emotion. As I'm writing a chapter, I pick a playlist that will invoke certain emotions. Sometimes, it's just so I have my head in the right place, but other times it's to help me recall how I felt in that moment (when I use something from real life.) I have already cried as I'm writing, so I know that it's there. 

Another thing is I want to be as real as I can be with it. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there in fics regarding this subject. Not many people wake up unscathed from a coma. I know a few that have been there, and they are different from who they were before. 

I am going to be pushing limits, and possibly taking the reader to the edge of insanity and then pulling them back. Hopefully, they will have a better understanding once we reach the other side. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment