November 24, 2010

Undiscovered Gems

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Summary: Do you believe in fate and that two people can really be made for each other? Bella moves with her family to a new town and meets a boy at school, Edward. While high school is the start of their passionate relationship, they still have a lot of growing up to do, and Edward breaks Bella’s heart, only to have them reunite in their twenties. This time, Edward is the one left reeling from the break-up. Will a strange twist of fate bring them back together in their thirties? Can they finally have a chance at a future… and will it be together? AU, AH, Romance/Drama NC-17

Why you should read it 
- Because you can relate to the story and the characters. It takes you back to your first love and all the emotions that went with it. The characters are likable, yet flawed. They feel like people you would want to know and be friends with. You can laugh with them, cry with them, get pissed off at them, sympathize with them, root for them, and just fall in love with them. It's a story about falling in love, making mistakes, growing up, and carving a path to find a future.

Where I got the inspiration 
- After reading lots of fanfiction stories, I started imagining what my own story would be like if I could write it. Once I opened the door to those thoughts, this story came flooding in and has been playing out in my head like a movie. There are little morsels of real life mixed with bits of imagination. I think I wrote out the entire outline in like ten minutes. The story has evolved slightly since that intital draft, but for the most part, it's stayed the same.

What I think is the best thing about my fic 
- This is where proud mama bear comes out. LOL! There are a few things that make the story unique, which I think makes it stand out. For one, it spans three decades and is set apart with three separate sections. Each section is from a particular age group and has a unique POV. The first part of the story takes place while they are teens in high school, and is told entirely in Bella's POV. This is where their story begins. The next section takes place when they are in their twenties, and is entirely in Edward's POV. In this section, they are still young and trying to figure out who they are. Then finally, we will get to their thirties and will have both POV's. This is where all the loose ends will come together.
 
Also, the story takes place in different cities than that of other fics. I wanted to write the story in environments that I'm familiar with. I've never been to Washington state or Arizona and have only visited Chicago briefly, so I didn't feel comfortable writing a story in which the characters lived there. I thought I could bring more to it by placing the characters in places that I know intimately, and hopefully the familiarity comes across when you read it. That being said, Maryland and Texas are where the story takes place.
 
Finally, I wanted to include some lesser used characters, like Royce, and change up some of the typical canon traits. Edward is best friends with Royce and Bella has a really tight bond with Rosalie. Not that I don't love Alice, because she's great. Bella is friends with her, she's just closer to Rosalie. I think Rose has already played the bitch enough, so I thought it would be great to see her as the strong, confident best friend. As for Royce, well, he is who he is. I'm not saying you'll like him, but he serves his purpose. ;-) Oh, and the rest of the characters will show up... eventually.
 
I know that was a lot of information. I can be a wordy h00r sometimes, but I hope that I've sparked your interest and you'll give the story a shot.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment