By now I am sure some of you have heard of Fandom Gives Back. For those who have not, let me explain as best I can:
about a week or so before New Moon came out a group of ladies, Ninapolitan tby789 and Lolashoes, got together and wanted to do something for this really cool charity called Alex's Lemonade Stand against childhood cancer.
They figured that, since MOST of the people in fandom are women and most are also moms and ALL of us are caring people who have a great deal to offer, they wanted to do a charitable auction with ALL proceeds going to Alex's Lemonade Stand.
So they started getting authors and other people together to offer up things to auction off. Some of the items are as simple as one shots or extensions of stories given directly to the winner only to be released to the general public later.
NOW I was scratching my head WONDERING what the heck little ol me can give to FGB to auction.
As most of you know I am a mom of 5 and childhood cancer scares the crap outta me! I WANTED TO HELP! I wanted to be a part of this.
Tby789 and Ninapolitan told me to just retweet everything about FGB and to write a post about it on my little blog. I did those things but I wanted to give MORE.
The girlies and I got together and we tried to come up with ideas of what WE could do as a blog to help out.
SOME ideas that came up included:
- offering up my voice to read stories for iFic... not a great offer
- Offering up Hannah's voice to read stories for iFic. I think this is a great idea. She has this lovely little posh English accent. But sadly H did not go for it LOL
- I even offered up T who gave me a dirty look ... and I shut up cause I volunteer her for far too much work already!
- Other ideas were as silly as sending brownie mix to a winning bidder.
THEN we had a strike of GENIUS. We would talk to authors and ask them if they would be willing to let US auction off the opportunity for a fan to interview them (with my help of course).
NOW came the logistics part HOW do I get authors to sign up.
TWITTER of course
AND the blog
AND Word of MOUTH (and we all know I HAVE A BIG MOUTH)
I started tweeting about this the other night. SO FAR I have over 60 authors.
HERE is what I am offering:
- YOU, the fans, will get to BID on the opportunity to interview one of the authors on our lists (you read right, more than ONE list) for a guest post on SYTYCW.
- The Master list will be separated evenly and randomly based on how many authors agree to join us in this insanity
- The final lists will be shown to bidders once bidding opens DURING Fandom Gives Back Eclipse edition
- IF you do NOT see an author you want to talk to on the list LET ME KNOW. I will contact them and ASK if they would be willing to join in.
- It will be a live interview. The "interview" will take place via either Skype or Gchat. We can voice chat with the author OR type.
- You will get to choose the Qs you want to ask. You are welcome to use my 21 Qs or to change it up. I ask that you not ask personal Qs of the authors. Some do not want to reveal things about their families or work, so please respect them and remember my main rule about interviews: AUTHORS reserve the right to NOT answer or to be as cryptic as they like.
THIS IS FUN and is supposed to be a positive experience for all
If you want to be part of our FGB donation (meaning, if you are an author who wants to be interviewed as a part of our FGB donation) please fill out the form below. Deadline is Saturday June 26th!!
ALSO if you are an author who already talked to our half cocked SUE who started this lovely mess PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fill out the form as well. This way we have all of the info needed. Tanja will not be tempted to maim SUE and SUE will not be forced to twitstalk you and send you dirty old man porn to convince you to fill out the form!
SO Fandom lets all get together to KICK Childhood Cancer's ASS!!!
(BTW if you have any more questions, feel free to contact us via the "contact" page or email us at email@example.com or tweet us)