April 10, 2010

Venoumousgal's Interview with IwantaWerewolfForMyself about 'Abyss'


Okay! This is venomousgal signing in for her very FIRST interview, and who better to showcase than the amazing IwantaWerewolfForMyself? I kinda tripped over Susanne’s stories one dreary Sunday afternoon as I was desperately searching for some good Edward/Bella to sink my teeth into….no pun intended…..and spent the rest of the day happily engrossed with her stories. My husband and kids thought I had lost it as I gasped, teared up and yelled obscenities at my laptop. Yes…I admit…I have fic rage problems …

Susanne’s Darkward is scary. Really scary. He makes you wanna run him over with a truck one minute and psychoanalyze him the next because you KNOW that deep down maybe there is a good guy in his hot, hard body. Seriously, this fic made me think for a long time after reading it and wonder what the hell was going to happen next and how the hell Susanne was going to pull it off. She never ceases to surprise me, and just when the reader thinks they have it figured out…..she manages to throw something into the mix that you never expected. The story also features equally dark Jasper for all you “Southern Comfort” fans out there. Honestly it has something for everyone.

In a nutshell, Charles Swan is governor, and numero uno vampire antagonist. He has hunted down and killed many vamps, leading the war between the species and forcing vampires underground. In an act of revenge, Edward and Jasper are hired to kidnap the governor’s daughter, Isabella. The question is, what will they do with her?

Take the time to check this hidden gem out.


Summary: Governor Swan has forwarded the persecution of Vampires ever since their existence was revealed. Their leader Aro wants revenge. He sends his best fighter and hater of humans, Edward, to abduct the Governor's daughter Bella. Edward & Bella. DARK. AU.

Also for those of you who like it hot and steamy, check out her other fic titled Bella Swan: Voyeur Extraordinaire. You won’t be disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
I wrote it for the Darkward- In the Dark-Contest because I like dark and twisted characters that make readers feel conflicted. At times they love and sympathize with Edward in Abyss, and sometimes they hate him.
The idea to have Governor Swan hunt vampires and for them to be known to humans came to me because I'd always wondered how people would react to the existence of those creatures. I think they'd hunt them, so that's what I wrote. And hostage situations are always a great basis for a twisted romance.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Expect the unexpected...

Why should readers read your story?
Hm. Good question. :D
I think readers who like their Edward dark and dangerous, and who don't think vampires are supposed to be cuddly toys, might enjoy my story quite a bit. If you like stories that make you feel guilty for liking Edward at times, Abyss will give you plenty of reason to hate yourself for loving Darkward. ;)
You like Darkward? I won't turn my Darkward into Softward all of a sudden. You'll find him twisted, dark and cruel at times, and then there will be moments that will make you wonder if there's maybe more to the Edward in my story.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&M’s, drink heavily whatever…?
I grab my laptop and make myself comfortable on the sofa. Mostly I need to be alone, but sometimes I manage to get some writing done when my husband is home. Whether I listen to music or need complete silence depends on my mood. Sometimes music helps me while writing, and sometimes it's just distracting.

What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
I wait until I get the email telling me that I've updated, then I open the link and take another look at the chapter, just to make sure that I haven't overlooked anything. And then I wait anxiously for reviews while I do all the things that I should have done before instead of writing...

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
Not a soundtrack, but I've got songs that I prefer while writing a certain story. When I write Abyss, I like music by Evanescence, Linkin' Park...If I've got to write a dark/sad chapter, then I choose music that reflects the mood of the chapter. If I write humorous chapters for Voyeur extraordinaire, I like to listen to Lady Gaga, The Gossip, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas...

What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella? You can link pics that inspire you if you like….
I discovered the Twilight books pretty late. The first movie was already out at that point, so I had a pic of the characters before I've even read the books. That's why I mostly picture Rob and Kristen. Though, my Edward is much darker in my mind, doesn't smile often, looks brooding and dangerous, and has red eyes.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I know how the story will end and I know the important events that still have to take place. I don't have every detail planned out, but I know where it's going. I might change a few minor details as I go along, but the main concept stands.

Do you have a posting Schedule? If so what is it?
Not really. I'm trying to update every weekday, because my husband is home on the weekends. But sometimes RL gets in the way and Abyss isn't my only story in progress right now. I try to get a chapter for each of my stories out per week. Sometimes I manage more, sometimes less...

Do you believe in HEA?
Depends on the story. Sometimes HEAs feel forced. They just don't seem right. In certain stories, there must be sacrifices. Not everyone can get their HEA. Yet, I generally prefer a HEA.

What is your background in writing?
There isn't much of a background. I never thought I could write, or I wouldn't have studied law. I started writing in 2007 in a different fandom and discovered Twilight in summer 2009. Since 2007, I haven't spent more than a week without writing something. I'm writing original fiction as well. I'm currently working on four ideas for books. Two of my “books” are in German and sometimes it's difficult for me to switch between the languages, but it works most of the time.

What is your FF pet peeve?
Hm...I'm not a big fan of stories that exist solely for the purpose of Lemons without any kind of plot whatsoever. But apart from that I'm pretty liberal. If I don't like something in a story, then I just stop reading it.

Which character in your fic do you identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
I don't identify with any of the characters. I think it's risky to identify too much with a character because they tend to end up as Mary Sues...
Alice in “Voyeur extraordinaire” would be someone I'd like to have as a good friend.
The men in my stories tend to be dangerous or twisted or manwhores. So I'm not sure if it would be good for me to be with any of them.
Edward in “Voyeur extraordinaire” is a bastard who bangs every girl that lets him. I tend to be jealous, so I'd probably end up strangling him...
Edward in “Abyss”. No way. If he'd try to hit me or treat me like he treats Bella, I'd kick his ass. Conflicted and traumatized vampire, or not, I'd never let someone treat me like that.
Jasper in “Nemesis or Savior” is quite nice, but he's struggling with his bloodlust. I don't think I could be with someone who wants my blood...lol
The only male character that I could imagine being close to is Emmett in “Not meant to be broken.” He's nice and treats Bella well...
Maybe I should start writing about nice men, but they tend to bore me to death.

Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
Patricia Briggs inspires me. I love her Mercy Thompson novels. Sadly I don't have time to read many books, since I spend so much time writing and reading fanfiction. There are many FF authors who write fantastic stories that I love, but they don't really inspire me. Reading fanfiction usually distracts me from my own stories. The more stories I read, the less writing I get done...

Any recs for us?
Yes, definitely.
The University of Edward Masen by SebastienRobichaud. If you aren't already reading this masterpiece, you should start now. It's Bella/Edward, and my absolute favorite. Written in third POV and amazingly creative.
If you enjoy Jasper/Alice, you should read You've Kept Me Waiting by Mandi1. It tells the love story of Jasper and Alice before Twilight. It's complete.
Then there's Vanity and Patience: A Rosalie Hale Story by AchelleCandy. It tells the love story of Rosalie and Emmett. Wonderful story and true to canon as far as I can tell.
Right now many stories I'm reading are Jacob/Bella. I know that isn't everyone's piece of cake, but I enjoy reading it. I just don't write it. :D
Breathe Again by Ysar is probably the best known Jacob/Bella story, and I love it. But I also love Finding The Light by itslikenature and Can Time Heal All Wounds? by ExquisitelyUgly.

Any fic plans for the future?
Oh yes. Unfortunately my mind never stops to come up with new story ideas. I think there are currently seven stories waiting on my laptop to be written and posted. I've got 15000 words written for one of the Edward/Bella ideas, and 8000 for the other. Then there is another Jasper/Bella waiting to be written. I enjoy writing non-canon-pairings now and then.
However, I won't post any of the stories before I've finished one or two of my current stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SUE here folks ..soooo what did you think? How did my Tammy do? I thought it was a lovely interview!!


Leave them some love!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment