April 28, 2010

Undiscovered Gems

Photobucket



Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Episode by BoydBlog

Summary: Bella Swan is a writer that is on a trip of a lifetime. Edward Cullen is a famous actor, whose life is a blur of film-sets, hotels and screaming fans. A destined encounter and a battle of mind over matter erupt amongst sensual music and a shared longing.
WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
A writer that has been hurt by her first love, meets a composer that can't find the words to his new song. There is instant attraction, but what happens when they don't communicate? Each one interprets the others actions differently, both simultaneously believing the other does not want the relationship to progress into more than friendship. Episode explores insecurity, lust, distrust, emotions we can all relate to. I can't be too objective about my fic, but I think the reader will consider it has an interesting plot, deals with real emotions and is well written. 
Where did you get inspiration?
I wanted to write a romance about Bella and Edward, throw in some obstacles and explore their minds. I've read a myriad of fanfic, some of which had them calling each other 'baby' and jumping into bed three chapters in! I wanted to explore the real emotions and miscommunication that comes with getting to know a new person.
It's also loosely based on personal experience (very loosely)!  
What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic? 
Being Australian, I was desperate to write Bella as an Australian - so in my story, Renee moves Bella to Australia when she is small. She grows up in a completely different culture to Edward, and that is another obstacle they need to overcome. Plus, like many in the fandom I have an unnatural obsession with Robert Pattinson, so the Edward in Episode is an actor and a musician/composer...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Summary: Childhood friends turned almost-lovers struggle to navigate their relationship. Bella is trapped by her mother's overbearing tyranny and Edward has to repent for the vices he turned to in her absence. Will a summer of freedom be enough to save them? AH 
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 12 - Words: 79,615 - Reviews: 65 - Updated: 4-24-10 - Published: 2-21-10 - Edward & Bella

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
My story, Bitter Edge, is a little different than a lot of fics out there.  It's pretty angsty, but realistic, and the characters deal with things in a manner that most of us actually would.  My Rosalie is soft and nurturing, not a bitch, my Carlisle is pompous and arrogant, and my Jasper is, well, a very small, strange, funny character.  I tried to think outside of the box and give each character more personality.

Where did you get inspiration?
I wrote a small one-shot for "A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words" contest, and the picture I chose created this entire scene in my head of a boy (Edward) waiting for his girl (Bella) by the ocean, but unsure if she would ever come.  It was a little heartbreaking, and I tweaked some of the story lines I set up in the one-shot to extend it to a multi-chapter fic, but I just wanted to write something that hurt your heart to read sometimes, but also had you cheering for this couple to make it.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic? 
I write somewhat poetically, and from third person, so we can see what each of these characters are really feeling in each moment.  It's sad and funny and emotional and crass all at the same time, allowing us all to remember what it was like to fall in love for the first time, and the desperation that accompanies that.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment