April 21, 2010

Undiscovered Gems

Photobucket



Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Blinding by xlavendermoonx, on Twilighted

Summary: Edward Cullen is intrigued by the new student at college, Bella Swan. But why is Bella really in Forks? Is Edward Cullen in danger? Will her secrets be revealed? Before it's too late for both of them. ExB AH Rated M for Mature Themes

LOTS of links to chapter songs and other fic-related pics on my author profile:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2137112/xlavendermoonx




Why should I read your story?
Instead of ME telling you why you should read 'Blinding', let me copy and paste what some of my readers have written in their reviews:

-- Hey,I loved the premise. The first chapter was awesome. I would love to see some kick ass Bella. With all the recs I got @ different forest I thought I would start with this is not my life. But there is not nothing that I love more than a well written/under appreciated story. I will continue to read it.

-- First off some of the girls on twitter were talking about this story so I wanted to check it out..and I'm glad I did! Dang your Edward is hot! That kiss! OMG and the ending, I wasn't expecting that! Can't wait to see what happens next!!

-- oh my f**king god! THAT WAS SUCH A TWIST!!
I would have NEVER, NEVER EVER! expected this!
holy shit!! that totally threw me off...I'm shocked
:O WOW!! *goes over to chapter 1..and 2.. and yeah..* :D :D

-- You chose a really challenging path to drive your story, but I absolutely love the suspense/spies game stories. The moment I started to read I found with the end of the chapter, and that's is one of the best things I can say about this story and your wonderful writing. Totally hooked!Thank YOU!
PS: I am in awe with your song choices

Where did you get inspiration?
The song 'Blinding' by Florence + the Machine (it is also the chapter song for both the prologue and chapter 8):  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyMmEBNqsCI


What is the BEST thing about your fic?
Not only is my story unique, it is chock-full of twists and turns. I promise it will keep you guessing. ;)

I'd also like to say, I respect and appreciate my readers to the point that I put A LOT of effort into giving them a full experience as the reader. As I stated earlier, my author profile page (see link above) is full of links on how I envision my Edward, Bella, their vehicles in the story, a link to actual museum exhibit referenced in my story, etc....
I also created a new Youtube channel just to upload each chapter song:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xlavendermoonxFF

Now, that is some dedication, right? :)

I hope I've convinced you to check out my "undiscovered gem."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Summary: Best friends Bella and Edward develop strange feelings. Is there more between them than friendship? Alice thinks so, but Bella's not so sure. After a shopping trip for a new bed for Edward, Bella begins to change her mind.


WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
This story is fun and sweet. It's a good break from the angst and stress of some of the stories out there (though amazing, they give me heartfail!). The portrayal of the characters in this story are very "real" - they are not faced with over-the-top situations or nemeses to battle; they're just people living their lives and we get to see a snapshot. I'm also proud of this story because it gives a tiny glimpse into Rosalie and Emmett's story, which I find is often overshadowed in fic by Jasper and Alice's romance, in terms of a back story. (I have a real soft spot for Rose and Em...)

Where did you get inspiration?
Actually, my relationship with my husband inspired the story! All the main plot points actually happened (they were just nowhere near as smexy at the time)! This story is about two best friends who realize there's something more between them - they're shocked into inaction by the discovery and neither of them want to risk their friendship. It's a crazy feeling, and one I know first hand. Do you take the risk? Will everything be lost? In the end, though, this story reflects on love, and in my humble opinion, the little things in life that make it worth living.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I find this version of Bella to be both fun and funny. There's a chapter where she's a wee bit intoxicated and I absolutely had a blast writing "Drunkella"! I think Edward, aka "Teddyward", has some pretty great lines, but the fact that they were inspired by real things my real husband said to me when we were evolving from best friends to something more is the clincher. The end of the story, its sweet tone and the message I hope it sends to lovesick fool readers like myself - is really why I started writing it in the first place. If you take the time to look, love is all around you. Find love in everything...even the simplest day-to-day things in our lives. It makes me all big puffy-hearted.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment