April 11, 2010

Undiscovered Gems Vol. 9

Photobucket

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Weight of Words by georgeygirl

Summary: Bella is in the final months as an undergrad student at U of T. When she meets the PhD candidate who will be the TA of her senior Shakespeare course, her world is turned on end . What do you do when the only man you want is the one you can't have?

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
If you love literature, (Shakespeare in particular), but you've been sucked into fanfic so badly that your brain is turning to mush, this story will help assuage your guilt!! Plus, the UST is off.the.charts. (and TWoW has been nominated for an Indie Twific Award and is in the top five for best "AH Story that Knocks you off your Feet". That's gotta count for something, right?)

Where did you get inspiration?
Twilight + the shmexy that is Mr. Robert Patttinson + great literature + the beautiful U of T campus = The Weight of Words

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I've been told that it's top-notch in the UST department, but personally, I love my characters. Bella is smart, sassy, snarky and independent. Edward is intelligent and hot, but also has flaws: he is human. I've also been told by many reviewers that I've brought to life one of the best Rosalies in fanfic - British, funny and fiercely protective of Edward without being a raving beyotch. Even Jake is hard to hate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness by cherry.blossomz

Summary: Bella is a freshmen in college. She is on a journey of self-discovery, which is aided by Edward Cullen - a musician she meets there. She and Edward share their dark pasts, and more, with each other. AH/AU.

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
I think that readers enjoy my fic beacuse of the style of writing and beacuse the relationship that Edward and Bella develop is hot and sweet. I find that the readers that do follow Darkness really love the intense descriptions and the first person perspective. It makes them feel submerged in the story.

Where did you get inspiration?
I based this fic on my undergraduate college experience. I went to an art school, but I was a humanities major. Being around so many artists changed the way I thought about a lot of things. Bella is looking for that kind of experience. Also, both Edward and Bella come from tragic backgounds (which I certainly identify with) and I think a lot of readers do as well.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I think the best thing about my fic are the lemons!! But in addition to that, I think I really capture the uncertainty of first love, and the struggle that comes when you did not have the luxury of a "normal" family life.
I can absolutely gurantee that you will fall in love with my "Darkward". You will definately enjoy the lemons, and it may make you shed a tear or two.

PS I really love your site!! You're doing a great job :)


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment