April 10, 2010

Sue's interview with littlesecret84 about her fic 'Brown Stud






 
Brown Study by littlesecret84

Sometimes it is OK to agree to disagree and this is the case with this author and ME

She is a fan of Kstew
I am not
but that is OK
everyone is entitled to their opinion
in my chat with this lovely girl (who at 25 is more accomplished that I could ever hope to be ) I found we have more in common than our one minor disagreement !

and that is OK

We are talking today about the fic Brown Study i was compelled to read this because ..AngrybadgerGirl rec'd it in her authors notes

and when the superfan of AngryBadgerGirl sees something the ABG is reading she MUST read it

see me and my cape:
 
Superfan Sue

Ok enough about ABG once I start talking about her I do not shut up so I must FOCUS now

Brown Study is a fic about friendship but not the type we usually read
This is a friendship between Bella and Jane
not an evil deprived Jane
but a sweet nice Jane one we would all love to have as our friend

Things in this fic that some readers will find interesting

Rose is a heavy girl ...YUP
in HS this Rose is not the amazon goddess we always hear about
THANK YOU!!

Bella is not the usual Bella this is a Bella you want as a friend THIS Bella is cool and THIS Bella has dreams that have a strange way of coming true ... She dreams of a man who she loves and knows and then one day
she runs into him in HS
WHAT??
no instant attraction between the two

well dang

Here she explains it better in her summary:

Bella's dreams have a way of coming true. But what will she do when the man she dreams of appears in her life as a boy who is less than ideal? Will finding him mean losing her BFF, Jane? Does knowing the future change the present? Rated M for adult stuff.

So we have the usual suspects set up in unusual ways
AND we have good writing to back it all up !

You may know this author from her other fic
(insert link and fic name here)

NOW what was so fun about this interview ?!?!?

WELL this sweetie is an attorney !
cue SUE quakin in her boots cause she is a BUM

I made this girl laugh like mad it was cool I felt so smart and foolish

I was also asked by her and CiaoBella (akaTracy who was also at this interview) if I had ever been interviewed by anyone

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
that is like the 3rd time anyone has asked me that

so if someone wants to put me on the hotseat for an interview
GO FOR IT
BE WARNED
I am irreverent
I am rude
I am crude
and I ...well babble about nonsense and tend to get distracted by shiny things!

OH another thing (see what I mean??)

I was also told I should make these interviews into Podcasts

ummm I do not know how to do that I may have to talk to my Tech people and see if that can be done easily

OK ON with the interview!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
I wanted a story where Bella was not exactly ordinary - and in Brown Study, she has a sort of gift. Also, I thought it would be hot if KStew and Amanda Seyfried kissed - so that was my inspiration.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Umm not really. I think that the two sentence blurb, or summary I have at the start is all they need to know. And if it helps gain readers: Edward is hot. I do not know if that helps.

Why should readers read your story?
First, because I am awesome. Tracy... why do think they should read my story?
Tracy (ciaobella27): I think the thing about Brown Study is that right now it's not a Bella/Edward story. It's about Bella and Jane, and their friendship. This is not a stereotypical story - we don't want Alice's clothes and we don't want her to be a pixie.
I want to know her Jane and I love their relationship. Obviously, it is complex and it focuses on the friendship between the two.
Littlesecret84: It's a love story about Bella and Edward at the end of the day, but it's also about friendship. Both in canon and in a lot of fic, poor Bella never really has any friends, or at least friends who she has anything in common with. It's all about shopping with Alice - something she never actually enjoys. Or you get the sense that she feels different, isolated. I wanted to try something a little different here with Jane.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&M's, drink heavily whatever...?
I can write under any conditions. If it comes to me it comes to me. If it doesn't, no amount of M&Ms or silence will help.

One thing I do need is people on gchat to talk to while I'm writing. I am very needy and love asking people what they think about this or that.

What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
Nothing really. I get excited, but it depends on the chapter. If there was something big, or something I know people will have strong opinions on, I'll be anxious to know their reactions. This was especially true with my first story, but Brown Study is pretty new, and I hit "submit" and go on with my life. Oh, I'll definitely tweet a link. Yeah.

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
No.
kstew
Bella in Brown Study



What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
KStew for Bella because she would be perfect as this Bella. I love her, and it shouldn't be a surprise to everyone that I think she's really hot.

This Edward is definitely Rob. This is a first for me. Edward in Age of Consent was a blank face.

Jane is Amanda Seyfried. Karen from Mean Girls? The girl in Mamma Mia. She's gorgeous too.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I know how it ends and I know all the major things that are going to happen. In between, I let my characters talk and think, and I write all of that down. When I write Bella I pretend I am 16, which is not hard to do. I try to make sure that the story I want to tell doesn't change, but I let the characters do what they want to do. This is probably a bad thing, but it makes it more fun.

Do you have a posting Schedule? If so what is it?
I usually try to update once a week. If I can't update on Sundays, I will update at the beginning of the week.

Do you believe in HEA?
I believe in giving the characters an ending they deserve, and resolving the story in a way that leaves them happy at the end. This can mean a lot of things - it does not necessarily mean that there will be an epilogue showing Bella and Edward ten years down the line, happily married with kids. As long as they're happy at the end, all is well. I don't like stories with sad endings. We all love some angst and heartfail, but this is an escape for me. Happy endings are important.
Tracy: I don't want to know that Bella is covered in spit up, to be honest.

(we laughed a lot, remember Sue? heh)

yes dearie I remember it was funny we talked about how the REAL story starts after the HEA how Bella deals with him scratchin his balls ..cause that shit is not sexy IDGAF how good looking the guy is ...

Give me a list of your current projects. Do you have any more fic plans in the future?
Current projects... Brown Study. I have another FGB outtake planned for Age of Consent, and it promises to be extremely smutty, for those who still care. I don't like to do a million things at the once.

I have an idea for another story, but I am not sure what I'm going to do with it. I don't want to leave the fandom, though! I like it. I think.

Tracy: I would cry. I am very dependent on my daily dose of Serene. 
Littlesecret: Is she transcribing this ? OH!! my incest story updated!!

(Sue: no comment moving on)

What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
This is such a long story. My friend made me see Twilight when it came out. I had never heard of it. In fact, I didn't know it involved vampires. I found out when Bella did in the movie. I'm not sure how I felt about it, but it made me want to read the books, so I did, until Edward asked Jake to have sex with his friend and impregnate her. That's when I threw Breaking Dawn across the room. Months passed and one day another friend randomly sent me a link to Frenemies, by ABG. I read it and thought, "What the fuck?!" but I loved it. I hadn't even heard of fan fiction before that day. She then sent me the link to The Submissive.

I never thought I would write anything, but then I thought what if Edward was older and fell for Bella who is sixteen and his intern, because little girls are cute and that was Age of Consent!

Serene says (HAHA I am kidding!!)

She only likes them a couple years younger.

Sue knows better... Sue has read Age of Consent!!

What is your background in writing?
I don't really have one. I used to write short stories and poetry in middle school and high school, but not in English. I've done a lot of legal writing, because I'm supposed to be a lawyer... or so I am told. No background, really.

OK Fantasy Time!

If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SM's, which one would you choose and would you do? If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards, feel to substitute an actor here: Rob, Kellan, PFach or Jackson?
Ok. This one is tough. Right now, I would choose Fifty Shades and ask him to tell me in detail why Bella can't touch him. More importantly, I want to know if he has had a lot practice throwing tampons into the toilet, or if that was just a really lucky shot.

What is your FF pet peeve?
Tons of typos/mistakes. If you are writing a story, try to take a look at it before hitting submit. There are some errors that no one should be making. Everyone needs a beta, or at least a prereader. I didn't have one for over twenty chapters when I first started writing, and every time I go back to check something, I cringe. A second set of eyes is so helpful. A fic with tons of mistakes, typos is kinda unacceptable, no matter how original the idea is, or how great a story teller you are.

Also, I am sick of whiny, pathetic Bellas. And there are way too many adult Bellas who have never been touched, and Edward is always oh-so turned on by her innocence. Then two minutes later she's riding him like she's been doing it her entire life. It's ok to give Bella some experience before Edward - sometimes it makes more sense. I could go on and on.

Tracy: I think you have more you could say about it but that is a good start.

Littlesecret: In the stories I do like, Bella is strong. She doesn't depend on Edward for everything, and stands up for herself. Unfortunately, a lot of readers get upset at Bella when she has a life, makes her own decisions, does her own thing. She is immediately called "undeserving" of Edward.

Tracy: Edward can do no wrong, and she has to accept it and everything.

Littlesecret: The first time she stands up for herself she gets a bad rap for being a bitch.

What is your Fandom pet peeve?
We just discussed it, sort of - Bella hate. And I stress this because the hate is ridiculous and unfair. On one hand, a lot of us are so frustrated with canon Bella and her choices, that we rage when other Bellas do anything we don't like. But that's pretty unfair, since there are so many different Bellas out there. The attitude most of the readers have towards Bella - a fellow female - shocks me sometimes. It is incredibly difficult to write a likeable Bella, people are ready to pounce. I think it's because she doesn't have Edward's perfect penis. That's probably it.

Which character in your fic do you identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
Bella and Jane equally, but in different ways.

Who would I see myself with? They are pretty young. I'd love to hang out with seventeen year old boys - especially Edward Cullen - but I don't think that would be appropriate, given that I am a twenty-five year old attorney.

(much snickering happened here)

Which RL author inspires you? Did any FF authors inspire you?
TOO many! I don't know where to begin. Can we skip straight to FF authors?

No? Ok, um... SM? Hah. Alright, I suppose I should say JK Rowling. I refused to read HP until this past March, mocking any adults who did. When I finally caved and read it, I was amazed at the world she created. It was truly magical. Also, I feel bad for hating her so much for absolutely no reason. I was a fool.

Also, Agatha Christie. I have been reading and rereading her books since I was a kid. I blame my mother for forcing me to read them. I'm so obsessed, it's sad.

FF authors
Where do I start?! In a blue bathrobe - I can't even tell you how I feel about Tropic of Virgo.
My beta, Nina - WriteOnTime - no one writes like she does. I want to be just like her. She is so smart and kind.

Tracy: We are just ridiculously lucky to call her our friend.

Littlesecret: I love Gondolier. HL5 is wonderful. Tracy and Spankglemaker are amazing. Spangly's stories are adorable, I always fall in love with her characters. ABG, because no one writes banter like she does.

Any recs for us?
With Teeth, because it is just so Ahhh! Totally not the type of story I usually go for, but the characters... what she does with them is magic. Totally worth going to Twilighted for.

I think people should read Rhapsody in B, by Lillybellis.

Just Wait by InstantKarmaGirl is my favorite story right now. It is incredibly angsty, but I'm addicted.

I always recommend Girl with a Red Umbrella, by Spanglemaker9 and JustAskAlice. Great story.

If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
Does it have to be a cast member? I really have nothing to ask - KRISTEN WERE YOU AND ROB HOLDING HANDS? THE SUN COCKBLOCKED US. Um, no. I would ask the costume person WHAT THE FUCK were you thinking with the tweed?! And the velvet. And the prairie dress. And the vest.

Anything else you would like to add?
Ummm, I don't know. Tracy?

Tracy: You were saying that you update at the begnining of the week, but that you haven't been writing a lot lately. Are you cockblocking me ?

Littlesecret: I have been told that at work our computers are being monitored heavily, and that's where I usually write, so I'm a little behind this week.

I have nothing to add, really. I have admittted that I like young girls and Kstew, and that I read incest stories, what more do you need to know, Sue?!

Tracy: I admit that I read The Red Line!!

(we laughed a lot)
SUE: I read the Red Line too ...I read everything

Littlesecret: Wait! I don't want to come off as a crazy pedophile, because I'm not!

Tracy: A pedophile with a heart of gold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and that is the end of the interview
NOW PLEASE people do me a favor and try to remember that the majority of this interview was funny yes I am so irreverent I even make fun of pedophiles but I love to make fun of Kstew fans even more

and that's OK

LOL

ONE last thing in this AMAZINGLY long post

GO TO msKathy's blog page!! you MUST

JUST in case you have not heard
mskathy and several of her fic friends have gotten together they are all writing O/S you will be able to get these O/S delivered to YOU for the small infinitesimal price of a 5$ donation to YOUR CHOICE of Charities providing relief to Haiti

Fandom is made up of an AMAZING group of people make your donation
I did !!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment