April 11, 2010

Sue's Interview with GreenEyedGirl about 'Illegal Contact'

Hey guys, Gia here. Sue is apparently brainfarting this morning, so while she actually had the privilege of interviewing our girl Jen, aka GreenEyedGirl, I am going to bring you the intro.

To begin, I have to tell you two things that are absolute true facts.

1. I love football. A lot. Wildman plays. Pee-wee is fun to watch, but pro is LOTS of fun to watch.

2. I also love this fic. A lot.

I'm pretty fucking scatterbrained on the best of days, so I can't tell you how I came across this fic. However, once I began reading it, I fell in love with it. You can't beat Coachward and Teacherella on the best of days, in my opinion.

And the banner's pretty MF awesome, too.

"shivers with the friday night lights, yes? "


For those of you sorry asses who haven't found this one yet, I'm going to give you just a little background. I do not believe in spoiling, so don't worry your pretty little selves. :)

Bella is a teacher who has moved back to Forks with her teenage brother, Seth. She meets Edward, an ex-pro football player who has come to town to coach the High School's team.

They meet. There's warm fuzziness. Eddie bonds with Seth, which earns brownie points with Bella. There's quite a bit of the classic insecurity on Bella's part, but not enough that it gets irritating. I can handle very little self-doubt in my characters, so this appeals to me. There are also enough twists in the plot to keep things interesting as we go along (because I know that you know that we all hate fics that kind of drop off into nowhere after about ten chapters. Do not lie, because it's true).

So, without further babbling and shit from me, here is today's interview. Are you ready for some football?

-------------------------------------------------

1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
Well, I love the Dallas Cowboys and I love Tony Romo, even if he sucks at football sometimes, so I thought it would be cool to have Edward play football. I noticed when Romo had a relationship that the media just went crazy with it and made up so many rumors, and I wanted to see how Edward and Bella would handle it.

2. Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Um… I think the main point of the story was Edward feeling like there was something better out there (playing football again), but he came to realize that his “normal” life was exactly what he wanted. We always think there is something better out there for us, but given the opportunity, it doesn’t always turn out the way you expected.

3. Why should readers read your story?
Because… it’s a football playing Edward. What’s not to love? :) It doesn’t have a lot of angst, and for the most part it’s just fun and romantic.

4. So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever?
Sometimes I have music going, but other times I need complete silence. When I’m having trouble writing (like I have lately), I want it quiet without and distractions which is hard to do in my house.

5. What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
I try to turn off my phone and close my laptop, but most of the time I sneak a peek at my email to see if everyone liked the chapter.

6. Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
Not really for IC, but I did listen to the Glee soundtrack while writing the angsty chapters. I love Smile and listened to that on repeat while writing Bella’s depressing chapters. For Falling For You, I did have a soundtrack - the title of each chapter was a new song.

7. What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
For Bella, it would be Rachel McAdams and for Edward, Chris Evans, I think. It’s hard for me to picture Edward, but it’s definitely not Rob. I love Rob, but I just can’t see him as IC Edward.

8. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
It’s all planned out. I do change up some things along the way, but I have a general outline that I stick to.

9. Do you have a posting schedule? If so what is it?
I just try to post at least once a week, no specific day. I hope with my next story to post on a certain day because I like when authors do that.

10. Do you believe in HEA?
Always. I would never write a story without a HEA. I don’t like books or stories where I’m drawn in to the story, completely dedicated and then the ending just leaves me disappointed and usually bawling for days.

11. Give me a list of your current projects AND do you have any more fic plans in the future?
I am writing two new fics, and will start posting the Navy SEALward on Feb. 1st – it’s called Silver Strand Nights and I’m really excited about it. The other story I’m working on will be posted once I have most of it written, and I haven’t thought of a name for it yet.

12. What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
I was disappointed with Breaking Dawn and saw postings on the imdb website about fanfiction stories. My husband actually got me addicted to Twilight. We were at the drive in and Twilight was the second movie of the night, and I really didn’t want to see it but he talked me into staying for it. He went out the next day and bought the book series for me.

13. What is your background in writing?
I have no background in writing at all, and if I didn’t have a beta, it would definitely show. Before fanfiction, I really didn’t like reading, but now I would rather read a good book or a fanfic story than do anything else.

14. FANTASY TIME
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SMs which one would you choose and would you do?
If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards feel to substitute an actor here Rob Kellan PFach orJackson
I love Holding Out for You Edward, so I pick him… and he could show me his boat. ;)

15. What is your FF pet peeve?
I hate when I’ve waited a week, two weeks, whatever… for an important chapter, only to have the last scene happen using a different POV. It drives me insane.

16. What is your Fandom PetPeeve?
Why does it always have to be Edward and Jasper in slash fics… why not Emmett or Carlisle? It drives me crazy to see Edward and Jasper together in a fic… or to have Bella and Edward happily married and then Jasper comes along creating a rift between the happy couple. No woman that I know of would love the fact that her boyfriend/husband is attracted to a country talkin’ guy from Texas (I’m from Texas, so nothing against Texas guys). Rant done (sorry).

17. Which character do you Identify with the most?
Bella. She’s quiet and simple, though in some fanfics (and in the Twilight series), I want to shake her because she frustrates me so much!

Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?

Psh, Edward! Unfortunately he would just be a buddy though because I don’t think my husband would like the idea of anything more.

18. Which RL author inspires you?
I have been reading a book series by Suzanna Brockman and absolutely love her books. Also, I’m a Nora Roberts fan.

Did any FF authors inspire you?
Coldplaywhore. She is a writing machine and always comes up with the best story ideas. Her stories (she has several of them) are well written and she always gives us a happy ending. Plus, she is the nicest and most sincere author out there.

19. Any recs for us?
  • With Teeth by TalulaBlue – on Twilighted only
  • Embodiment by Cullen312
  • The Resolution by Coldplaywhore
  • The Cocky and the Cougar by ikss

20. If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
I have no idea. I would probably ask Rob why New Moon was his favorite book because it was my least favorite. I loved the ending, but Edward wasn’t present for most of the book which was really disappointing. Oh, and I’d ask him to keep the unshaven look – it really works for him.

21. Anything else you would like to add?
Thank you so much for interviewing me. I’m thrilled that you guys read my story! And I would like to thank my readers for being so supportive – I’ve got some of the sweetest readers out there.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment