April 10, 2010

Sue's Interview with Emerald Rosalie, Author (with EricasTwilight) of "Punch Me, Love Me, Save Me"


I was not able to interview both authors of this fic because Ericastwilight is not going to be online for a while ..

I love Erica I have never spoken to her but I have heard a great deal about her from Emerald Rosalie (Vicky) and I have read almost everything she has written. IMAGINE my glee when I checked my e-mail one day and saw that 6 stories updated in one day ALL from one of my favorite authors !!

I was so excited ..

and then I opened chapter to find a message to her fans I am posting this here because even if you have no clue who she is please know this Erica is a mom of 4 and a darling woman :

I'm so sorry to have to post this, but this was the only way I could think of to make sure I reached as many people as possible. There are a few friends of mine that already some of what's going on. I wanted to at least share a little to all of you.

Okay, here is goes.

Four days ago I was diagnosed with a type of brain swelling. Pressure is in and around the base of my brain. I've dealt for the several few weeks with headaches and pain around my eyes. I was lucky that we've caught it early, and it could've been much worse. Unfortunately, I'm currently fighting an sinus and respiratory infection so they can't do anything for me right now.

I'm taking medication for both my illness and the pain, but on Dec. 28, 2009 I will be admitted into the hospital for small procedure. To relieve the pressure- small holes will be drilled into my head, and I will be in a medically-induced coma to help me recover. My doctor assures me that I will be fine, and that my side effects should be minimal. The expected stay in the hospital is about ten days and at least a few weeks recovering at home.

I have a few things that will update in the next few days and the middle of next week. Including Womanizer, Kiss Me Now, Kiss Me Never and my entry for Smut Monday. I just wanted to let you know what was going on, since I've gotten a quite a few emails wondering where I've been. I hope you understand.

My husband has been instructed to post another message like this after I'm in the clear for those that would like to be updated. For those that have listened to me over the past few weeks, thanks for being there for me. Love you dearly. To lisa89, kyla713 and emerald_rosalie thanks for all the prayers, they helped. Love you, all.

I will be back, I know I will.

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Erica

After I finished wiping my tears from my eyes NOT because of fics, but for this woman whose words brought me joy and for her children, I said a prayer and my dears I am not one who often prays.

SO if you could offer up whatever you can to her, prayers, well wishes, whatever it takes.

I look forward to the day that Erica and Vicky and I can all sit down together in skype !!

If you would like to check out some of her writing she has 33 fics written for Twilight.

here is the link to her profile


AND now on to the story
PM

I scheduled this as my last interview of the year
cause I get a kick out Vicky!

This story Punch Me Love Me Save Me is different.

Edward Cullen is an alcoholic who has hit rock bottom. One day, his sister Alice is handed a card – Make the Call ONLY If Desperate & ALL Else Has Failed. She makes the call that will change her brother’s life. His savior? Bella Swan. Mature!
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 10 - Words: 55,483 - Reviews: 1375 - Updated: 10-29-09 - Published: 2-2-09 - Bella & Edward

What do I like about this story?

The unique take on treatment of an alcoholic !
Bella smart, snarky, slightly damaged-but not in that wanna slit my wrists way- more of a I am gonna put up a thick wall and fight for everything !!

Edward needs a swift kick in the ass and Bella is just the chick to give it to him!

Here is the interview my dears !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
It was Erica’s idea. She came up with the concept and she said to me I need someone to write a really good Angsty Bella, you write Bella and I will write Edward. She had the prologue. It is such a taboo subject that once she told me the idea we worked on it together and started researching the medical aspects but it was basically Erica’s idea.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Just don’t give up on rehabward. Don’t really believe everything you see about Bella, don’t think that what you see is what you are gonna get with her, and don’t share Hos …(Edward has the clap and Jamie slept with the same one and got it as well)

Why should readers read your story?
Because it is origina, andl because we know our facts. The subject matter is a bit out there , but it really does happen. Read it because you can connect with the characters.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, whatever …?
We share a doc in google docs. I write Bella and she writes Edward and then we put them both together. I tend to pull up my PMLMSM play list and get into Bellas mind. It is hard to write Bella cause she is so Emo. She tries to be strong but she is not. She is tortured because she lost her mum and because her Dad went through the same thing Edward is and she watched it.

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
Yes we do mostly Coldplay songs. The song that best describes it would be a Kelly Clarkson song called Save you. I listen to relatively unknown bands I’ll send you a playlist.

What actor/actress do you picture as Edward and Bella?
No. Just Rob and Kristen, obviously the usual 6. We might be introducing a few new characters as time wears on.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
We've got the beginning and the first 5 chapters planned and we know the ending. We are just not sure about the middle.

Do you have a posting Schedule ? If so what is it ?
NO. With Erica being ill there is no guarantee of when this will continue.

Do you believe in HEA?
Yes! My ending is completely different than Erica’s. I wrote the ending from Bella’s POV and I have a happy ending for them. Everyone wants all the ends tied up in a nice bow but when it comes down to it they will have a happy ending if I have anything to say about it. (she then went into this VERY interesting southern accent REALLY FUNNY)

Any more fic plans in the future?
Yes. We both do together and we have another one that needs to be completed. We do have ideas and we will write more together!

Soon as Vicky finishes the fics she has out now, she will finish those and then take a break from writing for at least 6 months …just needs a break from writing FF.

Which character do you see yourself as? And who would you like to see yourself with?
I like Rosalie. I identify with her more than most characters. She is more balanced than the other ones and she gets Emmett. I LOVE Emmett LOVE HIM LOVE HIM LOVE HIM! (and she is back to this silly southern accent, BTW she lives in England which makes this VERY funny)

Did any FF authors inspire you?
I like ABG, I like Miztrezboo, nostalgicmiss, I like the author of EP, Tellingmelies, Agnstgoddess003

(to the authors whose usernames I screwed up sorry!)

Any recs for us?
Bratty vamp TOYE, No Place like home by tellingmelies, Boxing the Compass Megsly, UoEM, Mot, and Caged Bird.

Anything else you would like to add?
Not really

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This interview might seem a bit disjointed but give Vicky a break. We did this at like 9pm my time and it was 4:30am her time when we finished! LOL!

Vicky, my love, let me know when you move and I will send you those authentic WI Cow Print throw pillows as a housewarming gift for your new place !!!

AND that is it for 2009

I hope you all enjoyed this blog as much as I have

I have some exciting stuff coming in the new year!
I know I said i was gonna do a roast post HOWEVER I am lazy and it was not going well so I scrapped it !!!

LOL

NEXT we have

WriteOnTime
Who writes the amazing Breaking News we talked about her other story
*SIGH*

The Port Angeles Players
If you have not read Bardward YOU SHOULD

have a safe new years!

Sue and Da Staff

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment