April 11, 2010

Sue's interview with the author of 'Daniel Gale: Cumming to America'‏


Summary: Nerdalicious Daniel Gale is saying goodbye to England and hello to the United States. Looking to reinvent himself, he is all too gratified by the corn-fed derriers of Americans. Daniel Gale/Twilight cross over, slightly crackfic, AU, AH, Prepare for Perv
Crossover - Twilight & Bad Mother's Handbook - Rated: M - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 7 - Words: 23,581 - Reviews: 444 - Updated: 2-22-10 - Published: 1-8-10 - Bella

WHAT??? SUE, you read something other than Twific??
Why yes, I have been known to do things other than Twific. Not much... but a few...

SUE, can I enjoy this story if I have not see Bad Mother's Handbook??
Of course you can enjoy it without having seen the movie! But if you have not seen the movie, I have to say, DO IT because Rob playing dorkaliscious Daniel is just lovely !

So why does SUE like this fic?
Well first off I like this fic because I have a thing for geeky lanky brit boys. I love the awkward situations Daniel finds himself in. I REALLY love the cultural differences that are overexaggerated in this story. Brits and Americans both speak English but I tell you there are enough differences to make for some VERY amusing stuff!

OK enough of the serious stuff NOW lets talk about Danny boy!

OH Danny Danny Danny... How I love Danny!

Sweet, silly Danny travels from England to go to college. Of course, there he meets the Twigang.
YUP crackficish but very nifty

You will meet a VERY different twigang and we all know SUE LIKES DIFFERENT
  • Bella is well pleasingly plump (she has a muffin top! mmmm muffins...)
  • Carlisle is a player
  • Emmett, well I don't see a lot different with Emmett but at least he is not played off as a dumb jock .OH Emmett does have one neat umm quirk he is a germaphobe LOL
and there is Danny. Yes, I call him Danny. He is, well, trying to make sense of all of these people and things around him.

OK enough of my babbling. If you are looking for a light hearted good time read and want to giggle at a boy being a boy then read this fic!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photobucket


Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
A: I had been looking for a Daniel Gale fanfic for months but I never found anything. Once I got on Twitter I started talking to other Daniel Gale fans and nobody knew of one. There was interest in having someone write a story but people were too busy or they disappeared after saying they were going to work on one. 

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
A: This is a love story about horny Daniel meeting his love, Bella. Some people were confused by the character listing of "Bella & Emmett" but tht's was all it is - a character listing. Bella is the one female that Emmett will definitely not be having sex with.

Why should readers read your story?
A: I poke fun at pretty much everything. One can read this story with absolutely no knowledge of Daniel Gale and just imagine a very geeky, English Edward. They are played by the same actor, of course! (Some people still don't know that) Actually, you don't even need to know anything about Twilight to enjoy our story.

Do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever …?
A: Ideally I sit in the office with a soda and some gummi worms. I listen to music too, especially the sound track.

What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
A: I go to Twitter and tweet the update. Then work on the scrapbook. If I haven't done it already, I find pictures and do the manipulations.

Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
A: Its music that Daniel likes or I feel fits his mood.

What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
A: Chloe Marshall is so cute and she is actually from Guildford, Daniel's hometown.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
A: Yes every time I go over the new chapter I have new ideas to add and put in the next chapter, it just builds on itself. The main plot is already worked out.

Do you have a posting schedule ? If so what is it?
A: Who knows how long I can keep that up but my goal would be for every other week.

Do you believe in HEA?
A: Yes. We can't have a comedy turn in to a tragedy, now can we?

(Q courtesy of Mels) Give us a Random Fact about yourself.
A: I am a cheapskate.

Give me a list of your current projects AND do you have any more fic plans in the future?
A: I live and breathe Daniel Gale. I thought about some interesting ideas but I will finish this story first. I couldn't do more than one story at a time.

What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
A: I was late to the game. I heard about Twilight and wondered why a vampire would want to live in Forks, so I picked it up and read it after the film came out. I loved the first film, I thought it was so awesomely bad. Then I read the rest of the books in a couple weeks. I don't know what it was about the books that made living a celibate life with a vampire appealing but they did. I heard about Midnight Desire on a baby website and then from there started clicking around. I was instantly in love with fanfiction!Yup that one is still a favorite of mine!

What is your background in writing?
A: I write scientific shit that nobody reads.This is my first attempt at creative writing or fanfiction.

FANTASY TIME.
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SM's, which one would you choose and would you do? (If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards, feel to substitute an actor here: Rob, Kellan, PFach or Jackson)
A: I want to make out with Geekward from cdunbar's Resident Geek. He is so sweet and cute. I really dig sweet and cute. Although, If I could sport a penis, hands down I want a round with Emmett from Rosmarina's Potential. Rawr!

What is your FF pet peeve?
A: I'm turned off by pretentious underwear and label name dropping. To me comes across as trying too hard to show your sophistication. :-) *

Seriously though, I'm tired of stories depicting perfect Edwards and Bellas having copious amounts of perfect sex. It is just boring to me. Fortunately, I have seen a lot of really creative stuff recently depicting more realistic people with real struggles.

What is your Fandom pet peeve?
A: It makes me sad when people don't leave reviews, especially for less popular stories like ours. I also find it annoying when FF authors whine that their reviews are not long enough. I think some people expect a dissertation on why they are so awesome. Really, a review letting us know you like what we are doing is fine by me! Anything extra is a sweet bonus.

Which character do you identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
A: I totally identify with Daniel's awkwardness. I think Emmett would be a great boyfriend but there is something sweet about darling Daniel and his horniness. He is the most innocent pervert in FF.

If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
A: I would love to sit down and have a drink with Robert Pattinson and ask him if he is really enjoying his life right now.






Twitter @Annetteskitty @Danielgale (Yes, Daniel tweets)(among other things....hee hee)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here's an interview with the boy himself:

Daniel walks in wearing his favorite rainbow sweater, skinny black jeans and combat-style boots, messenger bag slung over his shoulder. He nervously looks around the room adjusting his glasses.

"Hello," he says softly and clears his throat. "Thank you for having me."

Daniel my dear boy I want to thank you for coming to see me today and I would like to know how you feel about your new found fame in this fandom I see you on twitter a lot my dear and you have LOTS of ladies after you... give me your thoughts
I am so excited that my story is getting out there, but also surprised at all of the attention over me. The ladies on #Twittah are just lovely. Every time I log on they swarm me with affection. It is good practice for me because I am so shy in real life. On the #Twittah I can be smooth and suave and the ladies seem to like me.

I think a lot of people wonder why a Twilight fan would read about @danielgale and hesitate. Explain. <nods>
Well, the man who played me in the film Bad Mother's Handbook is the same person that played Edward Cullen in the Twilight film, but I am told that I am much cuter than he is.

Also, our story is a Twilight crossover so all your favorite characters will be in the story at some point. In fact, Emmett is my room mate, Carlisle is our resident advisor, and I am falling in love with Bella Swan. *sighs, looks dreamy*

Ladyeire72 asks: Daniel, would u consider completing a fantasy 4 me? U, ur rainbow sweater, & me...nothing else.
*Shifts nervously in his chair* Umm, I get asked this question a lot, actually. I know that my Nan would be so flattered at the attention my sweater gets. She made if for me after all. My mummiy, Annette, has asked me to be friendly and accommodating, so I, uh, it would be my pleasure to assist Ladyeire with her fantasy. May I keep my glasses on? I have an astigmatism. Oh and...please be careful with my nipples, they are quite sensitive.

Ladyeire72 asks: How "big" is Emmett? I mean we hear all the time that he's hung like a donkey but is that really true? we can see where her mind is ...
*Clears throat* Um, Emmett is quite a large boy. Trust me, Emmett is not at all shy about his body and often walks around with his 'King Cobra' out. He says that he is just allowing it to get some fresh air; however, I've never read anything that states that a mans penis needs to get fresh air. *shrugs* That's Emmett for you. He is not ashamed of the way he looks, nor does he have a reason to be. *blushes*

I want to know, my dear, my Daniel, how are you adjusting to life in America? Is it much different from your home? and just some info for you the Midwest houses many of the finest large backsides that you adore ..I oughta know, I live here
Oh the women that I have seen are so beautiful and well-nourished. They seem so curvy and soft. *dazes off, lost in the thought of curvy and soft women* Perhaps I shall visit the mid-west at some point. Nothing makes a woman's skin glow like Vitamin A and dairy products are a great source. May I come for spring break?

I haven't been here very long but I think I am adjusting well. So far everyone has been so incredibly friendly and helpful. Perhaps some are a little too friendly at times. *shrugs* I don't know what to make of it yet.

I knew that Americans say "Have a nice day" a lot but I now think they actually mean it. Sometimes I feel surrounded by a bunch if crazy over-sexed Americans but that could just be my dormitory. Mind you, I am not complaining. I just don't know what to make of it all yet. I have much to learn. *sighs and smiles small*

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment