April 8, 2010

Sue's Interview with AngryBadgerGirl about 'The Naked Guy Upstairs'

TNGUS
The Naked Yguy Upstairs by AngryBadgerGir, on Twilighted

Here I am yet again talking about another of my favorite fics and my favorite fic writers

I cannot say enough good things about AngryBadgerGirl everything I try to type out is just pathetic when it comes to talking about her she is to me all things awesome and great I really puffy heart her hard.

ABG has the ability to make me laugh and cry and laugh till I cry and cry till I laugh and GUHHHHHH

how much more fangirl can I get over her!!

Not only is she an awesome writer but she is also a dear friend and an all around great gal!!

I found out about TNGUS during an interview with her when I asked her
"Do you have any fic plans for the future?"

and she went on to tell me all about it and I squeed yes I am not ashamed to admit I fangirl squeed ...

Since the first chapter posted I have not shut up about TNGUS (you can ask my hoors) and how great this story is I have turned on all of my Hoors to this great story and I have gotten so many 'Thank you Sue's" from people for telling them about this little diddy I can't count that high

here is how the fabulous ABG describes her fic

It's You've Got Mail meets Pillow Talk meets...eh, you get the picture. It's the usual ABG yuks and lemons. Manwhoreward v. Straightlacedella. Love/Hate/Love/Banter/Sex. RATED M COS WHY ELSE DO YOU READ FIC, HONESTLY? AH, CANON PAIRINGS

I found out during this interview that ABG and I have another thing in common she loves OLD MOVIES

We chatted about the banter and the tension and the sexual overtones of the comments the innuendo etc ...it was lovely!!

Now let's hear from Mel who heard my pathetic cry on twitter when I said I could not come up with an intro to this blog post that would be good enough for AngryBadgerGirl and her TNGUS:

Whether you've read one of her stories or all of them, this girl's got talent. Her wit and knack for knowing the right thing for her characters to say makes waiting for each update almost impossible. A notification in my inbox always results in a squeal and a clap, followed by an instant-click and read. 'The Naked Guy Upstairs' has got me jonesin' for my own sexy neighbor doctor who runs around in a towel. *sigh* You've got me, ABG--hook, line, and twitter.

And NOW onto the interview !!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where did you get the idea for this story?
The idea for it came to me because I wanted to write a Who's Got Mail / Pillow Talk style story where two people who are not supposed to like each do in spite of themselves. In this story it is her tweets that are the connection. so I decided I would take after pillow talk where he is a ladies man. I love the banter in old movies.
(here she and I dissolved into a chat about old movies we love)

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
Yes this is jut a sweet funny romantic comedy not a whole lot of angst just a touch

Why should readers read your story?  
(she laughed here most authors do when I ask this Q)
cause it funny and it has good lemons

(to which I AGREE the lemons are LEMONY)

Any more fic plans in the future?
Trying to finish the projects I have going now!!! The Support Stacy Auction, I have to finish Apples and Oranges!! Now I have Fandom gives back(she is very excited to be a part of these great projects that help others she talked about that and how much that means to her) TNGUS, and a one shot that I could write where it centers around Bellas gift from her friends of naughty school supplies

What actor/actress do you picture as your Ed/Bella?
Rob is my Edward. I usually picture Natalie Portman when I wrote she is like a combo of sexually alluring but also shy a demure she is a nice combo of those qualities.

(from SUE: unlike the person we will not discuss ..we all know who I have no love for)

Do you believe in HEA? 
Yes absolutely !! otehrwise what is the point! my HEAs are small fics in themselves they wrap everything up in a neat little bow!

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever …
I like silence when I am writing

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
Completely planned out

Do you have a posting Schedule ?
Unfortunately I do not I try to post once a week and I try to stick to that

What brought you to fanfic?
Fade to black in Breaking Dawn. (we both laughed ) I like fan fiction better than the original. I have read phenomenal stories by people way more talented than SM

What brought you to Twilight?
A friend of mine recd it to me, my daughters preschool teacher .

What is your background in writing?
I majored in English an undergrad and then I went to lawschool so I have done a lot of non fiction writing I became a tech writer

Is there a soundtrack to your stories?
Frenemies and A&O are very influenced by music and each chapter alludes to a different song but not so much TNGUS

Which character do you ID the most with in your fics?
The Bella in Housemating Season at that age that was closest to my personality her transformation becoming her own person is kinda like what happened to me (mine took much longer) and it was not because I was dating an Edward Cullen (I wish)

And what character would like to see yourself with?
I love Skittleward he is the sweetest and most romantic and most emotionally acceptable but he is so devoted to his woman I would feel like I am stealing him away he is my most favorite Edward I love them all for different reasons.

Which RL author inspires you?
I read a lot of comedy satire David Sedaris brother of Amy Sedaris

Did any FF authors inspire you?
yes I started writing because of Midnight Desire by Twilightzoner it was the first funny sarcastic FF story

Rec a fic and tell me why I should read it
…I recommend Something Wicked This way Comes

Now my Dear we have some Qs from fans of TNGUS that are JUST FOR HIM
(ABG laughed she loves her fans)

I cleaned up the TNGUS interview a little. (Sorry, it's the tech writer in me!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TNGUS Qs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naughty Sparkle ?’s for TNGUS: Why’d u become an OB/GYN?
I just appreciate women for what they are, especially their bodies…

What were you like in High School? I also want to know more about your chocolate job.
In high school I was a little awkward in the first couple years and then I grew into my body. I got the job at the chocolate shop because I wanted to earn my own spending money and not rely so heavily on my grandparents. It was also a great way to meet girls outside of school--especially older girls.

What’s your favorite music*lame but i wanna know*
I like a little bit of everything: a little classical, mostly alternative and old school punk.

Oh yes, and what is the registration fee and your hourly charges for one on one tutoring? I’d pay just to sit n ur lap and read the paper…
I'm terribly sorry, I’m not taking on any new students at the moment because Bella and I are still in progress. But if you'd like to DM me your phone number on Twitter I’d be happy to get back to you (don’t tell Bella.)

Does Tngus 'manscape'?
OH YES. I like to keep my work area tidy.

Is he open for private lessons?
Again … I am with Bella at the moment, but DM me your number and I will add it to my blackberry list. Providing measurements would not hurt your ranking.

Turtle toots asks: Can I be his next student I want to practice my dirty talkin with his sweet sexy ass
No in person or virtual lessons available, sorry. Again, DM me!

jjuliebee asks: u did a whole lot of talking about making sure B got a nice, respectful bf who treated her right, suggesting she intro anybody to you.so tell the truth: how do u really feel about thinking of her with somebody else.?
I'm so sorry, you lost me at picturing her with someone else. All I could hear was the blood rushing through my head.

Do u worry you’re pushing her away with yr mixed signals?
What mixed signals? I'm not signaling anything to her, we're doing each other a favor. I think. I'm not really sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW I know the answers look short ABG was suffering from jetlag She lost her uncle over the weekend (again my sympathies to you and your family my dear) ALSO she was writing something for Julie and I did not want to get in the way of the Lemondrop for her!! mainly cause Julie would hunt me down!! LOL

So there you have it my dears some insight into the world of TNGUS

YOU KNOW YOU WANNA READ IT

and IF you do and you love it as much as I do and I KNOW you will

THEN how about you join TEAM TNGUS we are gathering together a group of hoors who LOVE TNGUS and we are donating money as a group to kick teh shit outta childhood cancer!!

If you are interested in joining us in the WORTHWHILE event Tweet me or leave me your contact info and I will put you in touch with the right people NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL remember every penny helps !!

Tomorrow we have our Teas With Rob by our very own Lady Tater

Later today I will post the poll dance I have not edited it yet and that thing is a PIG to get done

NEXT WEEK

OMG NEXT WEEK

OUR theme will be TIME TRAVEL WEEK
I have 3 great fics by three different authors AND I am even stepping away from AU human to rec a fic that is closer to cannon (be afraid be VERY afraid!!)

So leave me some love ladies!! MWAH!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment