April 11, 2010

Sue's interview with 1blue25 about 'Out Of Her Head'


Summary: Devastated by an unrequited crush, Bella Swan escapes her troubles and moves to Chicago to teach at a prestigious prep school. Mysterious and sexy Edward Cullen can't seem to make up his mind how he feels about his new colleague. AU-Human
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 39 - Words: 282,527 - Reviews: 2298 - Updated: 6-25-09 - Published: 1-30-09 - Bella & Edward - Complete


A LONG LONG time ago, back when I first started reading fics, you know last year... I was in between updates. Those of you with short lists understand this feeling. Anywho, I was trolling the boards over at Twilighted and in someone's siggy was a link for this fic.

I clicked I read the summary and then I started reading the fic

*SIGH*

OK you want a story where you can see Bella change and develop? This is it.

You want a fic where Edward is a hottie brooding musical kinda guy you can fall in love with? This is it.

You want an engaging story THAT IS NOW COMPLETE to pass a rainy day? This is it !!

I love the play of the people not one of them is perfect they are ALL flawed but realistically so which makes for a good read

and lets talk lemons cause I know you hoorz wanna know about the sexin

It's there It's hot and if you think I am wrong then tell me and I will politely tell you to get your hormones checked LOL

The side characters in this fic are rich full people you will love AND hate them

SO go forth and read my dears!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
Oh, wow. This story is incredibly personal to me. Let's see...I was in a situation with someone who knew that I had feelings for him but he didn't feel the same way. Even though we'd talked about it, he continued to act in a way that was confusing and at times hurtful. I eventually decided to pull away completely but he refused to let go. It finally got to a breaking point (for me) and I honestly wished that I could just move far, far away to get away from him.

2. Why do you think readers should read your story?
We've all experienced unrequited love and know what a bitch it can be. Isn't it better when it has a happy ending, even if it isn't the one that's first expected?

3. Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
I have an education degree and I taught school for half a second. Everything that Bella goes through while teaching is based on real experience. I had a couple people question the realism of my educational depictions and it irked me. LOL.

(Q courtesy of Mels) Give us a Random Fact about yourself
This is pretty random: I love trolley tours. When I travel, if there's a trolley tour, I'll take it. And then I'll sing The Trolley Song from Meet Me in St Louis . Yes, I am a dork. LOL.

4. Do you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music, need total silence, eat a bag of M&Ms, drink heavily, whatever …
Silence. I've also started wearing a hat when I write. It has these little ear flaps that block everything out. I can't believe I just admitted that.

5. What do you do after you click the submit button for a chapter?
I used to freak out, run away and turn off my phone. Now, I just read or work on whatever story I'm writing at the moment. I love to see what readers think about each chapter but it doesn't make or break me like it did at first.

6. Do you have a soundtrack to your stories?
To this one - no. I think I mentioned a couple songs in the author notes, but that's it.

7. What actor/actress do you picture as YOUR Edward and Bella?
Robert Pattinson and nobody in particular for Bella.

8. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I had an outline for this story that I veered away from early on which really made the story go much longer than it should have. I learned a lot from writing this story and I try to stick to my outlines as much as possible now.

9. Do you believe in HEA?
In terms of OOHH, absolutely. That was the whole point - Bella needed a HEA to make up for all the shit she put up with from Jacob.

10. Give me a list of your current projects. D
Well, I'm currently writing Devil's Pitchfork . I'm working on a one-shot for a contest and my next multi-chapter fic is germinating in my head.

11. Do you have any more fic plans in the future?
See above - yes. Though, I wasn't so sure about that a couple months ago. It's tough trying to balance real life and writing.

12. What brought you to fanfic? To Twilight?
I came to fanfic for a number of reasons. Well, first of all, fanfic came to me. I didn't know it existed until my friend and beta, Blackdogs, started sending me stories with the Twilight characters in them. I got hooked because I love to read, it's free entertainment, and I wasn't ready to let these characters go after Breaking Dawn came out.

13. What is your background in writing?
None, zero, zilch. This was the first full-length, creative writing I've ever done.

14. FANTASY TIME
If you could have 15 minutes with any Edward FF or SMs which one would you choose and what would you do? (If you do not LIKE any of the Edwards feel to substitute an actor here. Rob, Kellan, PFach or Jackson)
Only 15 minutes? That really doesn't seem long enough. LOL. Um...I don't think I could pick one FF Edward, though I'm partial to my DP Edward right now. You wouldn't believe how differing the opinions are on him. Some people love him, some people hate him - I want to lock him in a room for a week and have at him. If I just had 15 minutes though, I'd convince the Edward from High Anxiety to go hide in Alaska by himself until he turns 18. Are you reading that? I can't take the angst in that story any more. And now someone's going to yell at me for saying that. LOL.

Oh, I just read that I can substitute Rob in here. I would spend my 15 minutes with him convincing him why he should be with me and not anyone else. I'll leave it up to your imagination as to how I would handle that. ;)

15. What is your FF pet peeve?
I hate to get petty, but spelling errors. How difficult is it to run a spell check? Most things I let slide because grammar is not my forte and I'm not going to harp on anyone else for making the same kinds of mistakes that I do. That's why I have a beta - she makes everything pretty.

16. What is your Fandom pet peeve?
All the drama. People get their knickers twisted and then they fight and it's just ridiculous. It's like high school and I get enough HS drama at home from my daughter.

17. Which character do you Identify with the most? Any character who would you like to see yourself with? Either as buddies or more?
See question #1 - I identify with Jacob in the books. That doesn't mean that I approve of how he handles trying to win Bella over, but I definitely understand where he's coming from.

Is this a trick question? Um...doesn't everybody see themselves with Edward? LOL.

18. Which RL author inspires you?
Hmmm....who else can I plug? Lori Foster, Karen Robards, if you have a lot of time to devote to reading then read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series. She writes these massive tomes - a mixture of romance, time travel, history, science fiction and intrigue. Also, the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon is very good.

Did any FF authors inspire you?
This sounds so horrible, but not in the beginning. I've been reading fanfic for over 18 months now, and the stories I came across at first usually just frustrated me. That was part of the reason I started writing in the first place. They wouldn't take the story to where it needed to go and I kept thinking that I could come up with something better. Now, there are some really terrific authors out there but I don't know if they inspire me personally. I think I draw inspiration from authors that have proved themselves repeatedly and most of our authors just don't have the body of work to support that.

19. If you could ask any Twilight Cast member a Question who would you ask and what would your Question be?
Since anything I would want to ask Rob I don't want to share with the world, I'll pick someone else. Stephenie Meyer was in Twilight so she totally counts. I'd ask her what the hell she was thinking when she wrote Breaking Dawn and to please go ahead and finish up Midnight Sun.

20. Anything else you would like to add?
Just to thank everyone who's read the story.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment