March 15, 2015

Apples Should be Red by Penny Watson


 Recipe for Thanksgiving Dinner:

Start with 62-year old politically incorrect, chain-smoking, hard-cussing curmudgeon.

Add 59-year old sexually-repressed know-it-all in pearls.

Throw in a beer can-turkey, a battle for horticultural supremacy, and nudist next-door neighbor.

Serve on paper plates, garnished with garden gnome.

Tastes like happily ever after.

You know I have been talking about this book all over twitter and I have YET to write a post about it !!
I find this
not super shocking
HOWEVER
I will make this short
why? because there is something amazing happening to this fabulous book but I will get to that part in a minute

WHAT can I tell you
this is an unusual romance book because the lead couple is over 50!
Why will you enjoy it ?
Meet Tom
he is a curmudgeon a lovable one
he likes to garden he is practical and smart and just darling (but that opinion of him would annoy him so SHHHH)

Meet Bev
She is a little tightly wound

Everything in its place everything is proper everything just so
right down to the type of apples
Oh Tom has so much fun with her

just go buy it and read it and TRUST ME !! and if you think Im wrong come talk to me about it because I love talking books even we disagree!

NOW for the news
THIS fabulous story made it to dabwaha
(thats a what??)
it is a contest similar to the March Madness brackets
you vote and vote till one book is left
That this little Indie book with no street team , and no promo efforts beyond readers that love it


dabwaha <<< go vote

I'm so proud of Penny !







Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment