September 14, 2010

Sue's Interview with wytchwmn75 about '100 Hours'


100 Hours by wytchwmn75

Summary: Bella has a 4.0 GPA & volunteers at the hospital. Edward is pierced & has tattoo's & has to serve 100 hours community service at the hospital. What happens when the bad boy finds out the good girl has a wild side? ExB, AH, OOC, Rated M
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 11 - Words: 48,182 - Reviews: 881 - Updated: 8-15-10 - Published: 5-5-10 - Bella & Edward


OH goodness what I love about this fic is simply this:

Things are never as they appear.

Badboy Edward does something naughty again and his Daddy sets him up to serve the community, hoping that Edward will learn something from the experience by helping others. Poor Edward gets to learn this the hard way. 

Enter head volunteer Bella straight A's good girl... or is she?? 


Bella wants to go to college and works her tail off both in school and in the community so she can reach her goals. Edward is the spoiled badboy who is not seen as much of anything by anyone does he have a good side? He is stuck doing community service thinking that his charm will be able to get him out of doing any actual work. I love how Bella outsmarts him. I can just see her shaking her head at him with a smirk on her face! 

Both of the characters have prejudices against the other. They also have that attraction to the other that they fight against. 


Check out the interview then you know what to do go read the fic and leave the love!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1. What was it that gave you the ‘spark’ for your story?   Was it a picture? A moment or event? Can you remember the initial inspiration?
Actually work was my inspiration. It was the volunteers and candy stripers that were hanging out by the main desk one day. They were all laughing and really seemed to get along, but I wondered if they were like that outside of the hospital. Then the story began to take shape.


2. Do you have a particular process when it comes to your writing, perhaps a certain mood, environment or music? Do you have any ‘triggers’ to get you in the writing mood?
I don’t have a process but of course it helps for me to be in the right mood when I write. I always have on music in the background, and the type depends on what I’m writing. Anything could be a trigger, a picture, a song, reading another fic. If I’m in the right moment though I can get a chapter or two out.
  

3. Give us an elevator pitch. Say you’re in an elevator with a prospective reader for 2 minutes – what would you tell them about the story?
You know you read too much fic when you see “elevator pitch” and your mind goes right into the gutter. I am so very bad at this. It’s the story of a boy and a girl who are forced to work together, immediately draw the wrong conclusions about the other even though they’re hot for each other, eventually let their guard down long enough to try a real relationship on their own terms and with a new set of rules and find that they just might be perfect together. See? I told you I suck at it.


4. Do you picture particular actors for your characters, or are they someone else entirely? If so, who?
I have an image of them in my mind but they’re not actors, or anyone I really know, it’s how I pictured them in the books, with some modification- namely tattoo’s and piercings, lol.


5. Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
I’m totally fly by the seat of my pants, I do not outline at all. I have some things planned, and when I get a specific idea for something it gets worked in, but everything else is up to them. I truly intended to write a lemon when they went back to Edward’s house after the tattoo convention. No one was more surprised than me that he put the breaks on. It’s worked for the most part so far.


Do you have a Beta and would you like to give him/her a shoutout here? 
I have two lovely beta’s for 100 Hours, rae1990 & itsange, that I found through Project Team Beta, which is an amazing site. I absolutely love them and it’s been so much fun to work with them. They each bring something different to the table and I’ve learned a lot from them. How they put up with me though I have no idea.
  

6. Have you got any other projects going on? Any planned for the future?
I have a few things going on. My first story, Dear Bella, is still being written. Once that’s finished I’ll be starting an Edward/Jasper story called Making History. There are a few one-shots I have to do. I really want to do the All Hallows Eve contest too. My notebook is filled with a bunch ideas. I’ve also started to think about doing an original fic.


7. What was it that brought you to Twilight fanfic?  What is it that has kept you here (besides your own writing)
I found it purely by accident on the IMDb thread for the movie. I thought they were talking about books when I saw “WA” and “SGatNG” so I googled them, at that point I never even knew that fanfic existed. I started to read some of Scotch, Gin and the New Girl and was a little shocked and upset that this was being done to my favorite characters. Of course, I couldn’t get it out of my head after that so I read what was posted and then started Wide Awake. It took maybe a day to be completely hooked. The amazing stories and writing is what’s kept me here. There are a lot of stories that I would read even if it wasn’t Twilight based. Not to mention the people that I’ve met here.


8. Do you have a background in writing?  
I’ve always loved to write. I was probably the only kid in my class that enjoyed reports. I can remember telling my father that I wanted to be a writer, but except for the school paper, no there’s no real background.


9. How about your creative self-confidence?  By nature writers tend to be a notoriously insecure lot so how are you finding the online writing experience?
It’s difficult to not be insecure at times, but I try to write things that I would want to read and I try to stay true to the story and characters. I’ve gotten reviews that have shook my confidence and some that have mind-fucked me so deeply that I noticed I was changing things around. When you post a story online you open the door for people to give their opinions. Some of those opinions are not very nice. I’m not sure that readers understand the impact of some of the things they say. There’s nothing wrong with critiquing a story, in fact it’s helpful, but when you attack a story or author there is no positive outcome.
  

10. Do you tell your friends and family that you’re an online author with a devoted following, or is this something that you tend to keep for yourself?
I totally squeed when I read “devoted following.” My sisters know I write fanfic, I’ve told them certain things, like when I hit a specific review number. But it’s because I’m proud of it and I guess I want them to see that what I’m doing is important to me. I literally just told my parents that I was writing but not that its fanfic. I don’t think they would understand it. Oh, my sisters were impressed that I had a devoted following though.


12. Is there a particular character in your story that you identify with the most?  
I think after writing the Alice/Jasper outtake I identify with her. In high school, I totally would be the girl going to see my crush’s practices or games. I think the term is stalker? Lol, yeah that’d be me.


13. Which RL author(s) inspires you?
I love Jodi Picoult. It amazes me not only the way she weaves a story but how she can make you feel compassionate towards some really bad characters. Her stories have more than two sides and each one of them seems right. I think I’ve cried at each one of her books.

JK Rowling is another, besides the main story being brilliant, how she manages all the subplots throughout each story is inspiring. The imagination she has knows no limits, not to mention that she single handedly got a whole generation of kids to start reading- in my opinion at least.

14. Did any FF authors inspire you?   What was it that had you reading FF and thinking “I could do this”?
Whenever I read any type of story I think of what I would do differently. There was no moment really when I thought “I could do this”. My sister suggested I try it and I did have some ideas floating in my head. Authors that take a chance or tell a really good story inspire me, Hunterhunting, coldplaywhore, Mrs.TheKing, mskathy, EdwardsBloodType, KiyaRaven to name a few, I’m probably leaving out too many.

15. What advice would you give to an aspiring fanfic writer?
I really think that The Fictionista’s WitFit Challenge is a great way to start. Also, reach out to other authors, more than likely they will be willing to take a look at your work. I became friendly with some authors through reviewing their stories, so when I started posting my own WitFit Challenges and then Dear Bella, I asked them to read them. There really is an amazing support system for new authors, but you have to be willing to put yourself out there. And stay true to the story you want to tell. I learned that from another author.

16. Give us a Random Fact about yourself?
You know I want it to be something really cool, but the truth is I’m just not that cool. And if you follow me on Twitter you know I’m an open book. But I have OCD and when I go into Bed, Bath and Beyond I have to touch all the towels and sheets. 
 
17. If you could have 15 minutes with anyone alive or dead real or fictional who would it be and what would you say to them?
My Grandfather, he died when I was 8 so I didn’t really get to know him and I would’ve liked to. I’d ask him to tell me the story of how he and my grandma met. And I’d thank him for marrying her because she was very important to me. 

18. What is your FanFic Pet peeve?
I’ll probably catch hell for this but I don’t like when Bella always smells like freesia and strawberries. And she always cums, even when she’s a virgin! I wish Edward was around when I lost mine. Oh! And Edward always having a huge cock. I’m not against huge cocks but average size is ok too. I’m totally getting in trouble for this, aren’t I?

19. What is your Fandom Pet peeve?
Since I’m already going to hell for my last answer, let’s open another can of worms. There’s a lot of drama, it reminds me of high school. We should be praising each other and helping, not cutting each other down. Maybe that’s the tree hugger in me but I feel like if this is an escape for some of us we shouldn’t have to deal with petty shit.
Some people often say that we’re not writing Pulitzer’s, we’re writing fanfic and that bothers me too because I feel like it belittles what we’re doing. No, I don’t think I’m changing the world by what I write but knowing that people enjoy it and want more makes me happy.

I don’t pretend to think that we are all going to get along and be BFF’s but we can be civil. I think of it like a whole bunch of sororities living under one roof.

21. Anything else you would like to add?
Yeah there is, to put a positive spin on what I just said, this fandom is amazing too. I have had the luck and sheer privilege to get to know some talented people with huge hearts. The support that I have gotten in writing and personally is so important to me. Look at all the money we’ve raised for different charities and relief programs. When we all come together like that its much more productive than talking shit. I’m proud to be in this fandom and to give whatever I can in any capacity. I think its also important to support new writers, there’s enough room for all of us. Okay I’m done with all the rainbow and unicorn talk.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment