June 9, 2010

Undiscovered Gems



Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Summary: Edward and Bella have always crossed paths, but one night changes everything and what follows is years of ups & downs but E and B never lose the love they share. Even if they're not together. Rated M for language and Lemons. A Real story about Real life

Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 11 - Words: 42,860 - Reviews: 3 - Updated: 6-8-10 - Published: 6-4-10 - Edward & Bella


Why should anyone read my stor(ies)? 

I think you should read my story because it is different from anything else out there. It's real and raw and written from the heart and doesn't follow the basic formula of E meets B, they get together, break up, get together again, have lots of sex and babies and live happily ever after. Its a real story about real life and shows how sometimes you have to work hard for your happiness.

Where did I get the inspiration?
To be honest my inspiration for this story comes from my own life. Not of all it's content is exactly what I have been through, but a lot of it is.
What do I think is the best thing about my fic(s)?
I think the best thing about my fic is the originailty and rawness of the pain and heartbreak and the reality of life that it shows. It's heartwarming and funny in places, but I have also known my readers to get very angry about some of my characters behaviour so it obviously has the ability to evoke passionate responses.
I love this story because it is so close to my heart and I would love for more people to read something that's not all candy and flowers.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An American Vampire in Chicago by Just4ALE 
Summary: Bella is a business school student when she meets Edward, a PhD student. Is this handsome stranger too good to be true? AU/ Vampires/Humans. My vamps are slightly different from SM's. Winner of two Winter '10 Indie TwiFic Awards! Please R&R, thx.
Why should anyone read my stor(ies)?
AAViC is just the first in a 4 story saga and that is one of the main reasons to read it. You get to experience their tale over the course of the 4 stories. AAViC is a sweet story of Bella and Edward and their beginning and it won 2 Indies. The silent readers I've had were supportive!
There are a lot of fics out there where E&B are going at it in the first chapter. THIS is not one of them. We get to know them as they get to know each other. The stories get progressively more citrusy as their relationship develops. 
Finally, my stories incorporate a lot of different vampire lore - yay, fangs - including some vamp stuff I've made up, as well as other sci fi/fantasy and pop-culture references. They're not for everyone but those who've read them have really had fun with them.
Where did I get the inspiration?
The story developed one night in my head as I was trying to fall asleep. I imagined a girl ice-skating with a vampire on a pond, a pivotal scene in AAViC. It wouldn't stop and I ended up writing it all in a week. 
Beyond that, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter were the stories I kept in mind when I was writing. Put a little clue in each chapter that may not be revealed until two stories later.
What do I think is the best thing about my fic(s)?
AAViC is a simple story and stands on its own, but the fact that it is part of a series would be one of the draws for me. As a reader, I really love to read multi-book stories. I'm usually not ready to let go of favorite characters by the end of a book.
Each story builds on the previous one and has a different feel. The first is slow and sweet. The second is funny. The third is an emotional roller-coaster and the fourth is fun and sexy and mysterious and action packed. 
I spent a lot of time thinking about my vampire world and my strategic clue placement. In the second, third and fourth stories, there are big 'aha' moments where you understand why a previous reference was made. By the time you read the last two chapters of the fourth, you understand how all four were linked the whole time. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment