May 19, 2010

Undiscovered Gems

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summary:  When Bella and her family move cross country for Charlie’s new job, Bella finishes her senior year in Chapel Hill, NC. Her new swim coach wants her to go for the gold, but Bella has other ideas in mind.  AH/Canon couples.  
WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
My story explores a very real world of competitive swimming, both college and high school, and intense ‘forbidden’ love and attraction.  In my story Bella is an amazingly talented swimmer with all the abilities to take it to the top.  Edward had these same talents and abilities until an injury changed the course of his life; he is very good at being a coach and is happy with his prospects.  When Bella comes along he has a hard time justifying what he feels for her because she is his swimmer and he wants her to go all the way, to try.  He is frustrated that she wants different things for her life that don’t involve swimming.  Bella wants Edward and needs for him to let down his walls.  It presents a very difficult situation and they both have to learn and change.    

Where did you get the inspiration?
I am swim coach, a swimmer and a mother.  This story was born from the very pool where I do all of these things and are based loosely on real people in my life with my own imagination filling in the gaps.  It makes for a very real and authentically satisfying love story based on sincere emotions and compromises.  True rest-of-one’s-life love always involves heartache and joy, give and take and my Edward and Bella experience all of this.  
What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
The best thing about my story is its authenticity.  I try very hard to put the reader in the scene, in the water, in the bedroom.  I try to make the reader feel what Edward and Bella feel emotionally and physically.  Knowing that there are real people out there from where these emotions stem give my story substance and truthfulness. 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment