April 11, 2010

Undiscovered Gems Vol. 8

Photobucket

Disclaimer: Please note that we from SYTYCW haven't read the stories we mention in Undiscovered Gems (at least not all of them). This here is mainly an opportunity for authors to pimp their stories. =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Summary: Felix has been a member of the elite Volturi Guard for what seems like forever. Janie is a typical midwestern girl studying abroad in Italy for a semester. What happens when the two meet and forge an unlikely friendship? Will they stick together, or will their definitions of forever tear them apart? Felix/OC, PG-13

Currently Nominated for Best Secondary Characterization in the final round of the Indie Twific Awards! =)

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Finding Forever is about Felix and the Volturi. The idea for the story was something that just popped in my head, but as I as started to write, I enjoyed the freedom that the minor characters gave me. There is little we know about the Volturi, so I wanted to portray them in a different light that what we are "supposed" to believe in SM's books. They aren't inherently evil, but they don't mince words and get the job done in order to maintain their way of life. They have their own issues, but each individual in the Volturi still knows how to think on their own. The relationships between them have been the most interesting thing to explore when writing.

Where did you get inspiration?
I was reading the last several chapters of "When Darkness Turns to Light" by JannaBanana when Felix and Jasper have a discussion. I had this "Whoa, what if Felix fell in love with a human...how would that play out?" moment. The story was originally supposed to be a fluffy novella, but I should have realized that I couldn't write a story involving the Volturi that would be fluffly.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
Felix and Janie's (the OC's) relationship. They are very schmoopy with each other, but when the time comes to make some hard decisions, it's not all butterflies and rainbows for them. They each go through their own trials, but in the end (which hasn't arrived yet) it's going to make them love each other more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have a companion novella to Finding Forever that I just started. It's called "She Holds a Key..." and it's about Demetri and an OC.


Summary: Demetri is quite the player, and he needs a break from babysitting Felix's human love interest. What happens when he meets someone who completely turns his mind around, but he can't figure out why? Demetri/OC, NC-17

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
Demetri is kind of the "sidekick" in Finding Forever, so I wanted to give him a story. He's also a major player and has slept with probably every human and vampire in Volterra. So, I also wanted to write and OC that would tame him (so to speak), but wouldn't fall for his womanizing ways. Also, each chapter ties in from an event that has taken place in Finding Forever. So, even though you don't have to read FF to enjoy this story, some of the context makes more sense. Also, for people who enjoy the Voltuir, but want a little sexy-times (because Finding Forever is PG-13)

Where did you get inspiration?
The song "She Holds a Key" by Gavin DeGraw. It popped up on my iPod rotation while I was writing one night and I got about halfway through the song and couldn't get Demetri and his (then unnamed) human lover out of my head.

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
*lol* The Demetri/OC sex! Demetri is very elusive, yet very cocky and very masterful at what he does. But he's pretty shaken up when he realizes that he can't just go on from this woman, that he needs to have her always...

Thanks so much for the opportunity to self-pimp!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Summary: I know what Bella wants. And, even though I know it means nothing to her... God help me, I want to give it to her. I thirst for her body almost as much as I thirst for her heart. It is undeniable; I want all of her. But I will hold onto this small piece of her if this is all she is willing to give. ExB, AU/AH, NC-17/M for lemons and tons of angst.

WHY should I (the reader) read your story?
It's a familiar story with a twist... a sexual arrangement between two childhood friends becomes complicated when one refuses to ignore their true feelings. The twist? Bella is the aggressor here. Edward has been in love with her since they were children but Bella tries to deny his feelings -- and her own -- despite Edward's advances and their special friendship. Despite his love, Edward gives Bella the sexual relationship she wants in the hope that she'll return his feelings someday. Told in flashbacks and in real-time, the reader is pulled into Edward's head (and his heart) as he refuses Bella's advances and pleads his case for her heart...

It tugs at the heart strings... I think a lot of readers can relate to Edward's story (and Bella's, too). And the smut is addictive... LOL The smut is very well-written. You can almost feel yourself in their shoes; it's that good. Definitely worth the read.

Where did you get inspiration?
Most of my inspiration comes from the Twilight series (of course), but a lot of it comes from experience as well. I've been in a similar situation and I know what it's like to love without being loved in return. My heart has taken many beatings. And, unashamedly, I've had a lot of sex. LOL

What do you think is the BEST thing about your fic?
I think the BEST thing about 'Two Wants' is its balance. It starts in 'the middle', so to speak. The story opens with a 'midnight encounter' between Bella and Edward in EPOV. The next few chapters give the backstory you need to understand Edward and Bella a little better. There's a nice mix of angst, fluff, and lemony goodness that keeps readers hooked.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment