April 9, 2010

Sue's Interview with JustForkIt, Author of "You'll Do" and "Sometime Around Midnight"

SO Sue, tell us. Why the hell is there no title to this?? Usually you have the name of the fic in the title and NOW it is just "ONE SHOTS".

Well.

1) I am lazy

2) I am reccing two, yes TWO, no not too, one shots by Justforkit

3) you could call this shameless plugs for a bud if you wish... I am not that way...

SOOO let me tell you what inspired me to do one shot week.

I wanted to get as many people involved as possible in posting about fics they loved.

And well, real life happened for most.

And it turned out to be one shots posted by me and Mels (aka Littlemisswhitlock).

Well I have read quite a few one shots.

Including everything AngryBadgerGirl has ever written and ALL of the Age of Edward Entries...(SUE shut up about AoE already ...in a word HELL NO).

However, I wanted to spread the love.

SO I put out a shout on Twitter asking for one shots to read.

I said HEY point me in the direction of One Shots you love!

And about 3 people responded.

JustForkIt being a smart ass (I love that about her BTW) told me about her O/S. I said HOOR linky me.

I mean really people, you CANNOT tell me about a fic and not give me a link! That should be like a LAW!

A SUE COMMANDMENT!!!

Yeahhhhhh

SO lets talk about these two mini fics!!

First, I am gonna say these are both T for TEEN

GASP! Yes, SUE reads stuff without smut!

Go fig.

FIRST, we have a cute and fluffy little fic written for The Kid Contest.

It's called You'll Do

Description:
Edward surprises Bella by digging up some of her embarrassing memories as a child.

Hmmm, how can I talk about this story without giving away anything?

It is very short. And in my opinion is well worth the read.

And you all know I have good taste!

Here. Read her interview, then read the little fic and if you think I am wrong... feel free to tell me.

And I will crawl into a hole and cry my life away forever....(if you buy that then hey I got more bullshit to sell too!!)

Where did you get the idea for your O/S?
I had read my friend Little Miss Whitlock’s entry for the kids contest and it just got me to thinking. I started remembering all of the silly things we did in elementary school and it just came to me. I love the idea of Bella loving Jasper first, and him being like “ew no” and it not being like this life shattering event. But I think if you have a cannon Edward, he knows he has loved Bella since day one and that never changes. I love the idea of Edward’s devotion to her.

Why a O/S and not a multichapter fic for this idea?
Mainly because I have like four other stories going on. Haha And because I think if you made this into a multichapter fic it would be so so so cheesy. I can handle the cheese in small doses, which is why it was perfect as a one shot.

Who do you "see" as your characters (if you envision anyone)
I see someone different for every fic I write. For Bella in this one though I saw the little girl from Corina Corina, who was then in Napoleon Dynamite.

Do you do anything special while writing listen to music ...need complete silence..eat a bag of M&Ms...drink heavily ..whatever
Music, always.

I tweeted asking for Questions this one comes from Amorebella:

Do you use your own past encounters for reference when you write each O/S?
I sometimes do, but this one I didn’t. Although when my husband asked me to marry him, it was perfect, but it wasn’t this sweet.

If you want to talk about any current projects you are working on or any future ideas that have struck you feel free to do so you can also rec some fics ?
Well I am always up for pimping my stories. I just started a new one, The Groupie, and it’s going to be full of angst and humor. I am also so so so super proud of LMW and I’s Stalking fic. It really is one of the best things I’ve ever been involved in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that was ONE one shot. NOW we are gonna talk about the next one.

This next one shot was done for the break up contest, WHICH MEANS it does not NOT NOT have a happy ending.

*sniffle*

I tell you, after reading this I whined on Twitter for like 20 minutes about how I wanna take this Edward home, feed him brownies and make him happy again.

*sniffle*


Where did you get the idea for your O/s
I really wanted to write something just heart breaking. I didn’t want a HEA and I wanted it to be so raw and just… UGH!! You know? I wanted people to read it and be like “Oh my God that made me sick…” but in a good way. Also the song Sometime Around Midnight is just so hauntingly beautiful. It is the ultimate break up song in my opinion.

Why a O/S and not a multichapter fic for this idea?
Because if this was a multichapter fic, I would have to slit my wrists. Edward’s turmoil is so freaking depressing. I got depressed when I wrote it, and that was only a fraction of what this story could contain. I can’t imagine writing more of this.

Who do you "see" as your characters (if you envision anyone)
This is the only time that I have ever seen Rob as my Edward. I never picture him as Edward when I write, but I think he just fit it. I could really see him being my heart-fail Edward.

Do you do anything special while writing listen to music ...need complete silence..eat a bag of M&Ms...drink heavily ..whatever
Music. Music. Music.

I tweeted asking for Questions this one comes from Amorebella:

Do you use your own past encounters for reference when you write each O/S?
This one I did. Thankfully I haven’t lost my parents, but my best friend lost her dad and I saw how it devastated her. I also have had a horrible horrible break up, and you just… you feel like you will never be able to move on. And then you start to, and something happens and you just get sucked back into that despair. Love freaking sucks sometimes.

If you want to talk about any current projects you are working on or any future ideas that have struck you feel free to do so you can also rec some fics
See above :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALRIGHTY!

If you are short on time and want something to tempt you, go ahead and give some one shots a try.

My advice when looking at one shots for the first time: find an author you know and love, and read some of their's.

One of my favorites is of course AngryBadgerGirl. I know I talk about it alot, A LOT. However, ABG does something in her fics and each and every character she writes is, well, different. Same name, different personality.

This week, along with the one shots I interviewed for, I re-read ABG's entry for the tattward contest (you can find the link on her FF page).
Bella is taking science in college and Edward is the TA for the class, and he has tattoos. Oh! Bad boy Eddie meets geeky dorky Bella! *Gigglesnort* read it. You won't regret it !!

ANOTHER one shot I read, HOLY HOT BUNS:


It was Ciaobella27's entry for the 'Once Upon A Twilight' contest. This is a fairy tale, or twisted tale, contest and OMG. If you love Joan and her sparkly goodness, you will adore this cute twilight dive into fantasy land.
In this fic Bella is (BWHAHAHA) a therapist and Edward is an enchanted baker and well if you eat his buns... OH GOD. So twisted, so hot, so fuckin funny. Just read it!!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment