April 8, 2010

Sue's Interview with itzmegan about 'The Cannabean Betrothal'


cb

The Cannabean Betrothal by ItzMegan73 

WELCOME my dear friends to Religion week on the blog

NOW I know some of you are gonna start getting all up on me about another story that is really awesome called Sanctuary. Well I want to rec that one too, but I am saving it for a themed week called "Wacky Catholics" (and I can say that cause I am a Catholic and I KNOW I qualify for wacky)

Lets not get too far off topic

WE are here today to discuss this awesome little fic called Cannabean Betrothal

Here is the summary:
Edward has immersed himself in the Cannabean way to ward off the hurt of a life-changing experience; but an unexpected betrothal teaches him how little he knows about life. There is no abuse in this story.

Hmmmm so what is the Cannabean way you ask? I know you are asking cause I did too.

This religion is fictional, she made it all up outta her brain. It is similar to Amish style living, however the followers take advantage of modern technologies to make their lives easier.

This story follows two families who have a strict code of conduct and a strong faith. Each person follows this faith in different ways.
Some are strong in their faith and follow the "book" to the letter (Edward and Charlie), others follow the spirit of their faith rather than the letter of the law.

Does this make no sense??

This is a tale about an arranged marriage, the relationships and how they all fit together. It is written so well I cant give it any justice talking about it !!

Captivating characters with a unique story line

IF you are looking for a smutfest, this is NOT your fic to read.

HOWEVER, if you are looking for a well told story about an interesting topic, that promises passion from the two main characters in the future (why? cause you can just tell these two are PASSIONATE), then this is the story for you.

I will take my snotty self and find a corner to hide in cause I really am not able to do this story justice today *sniffle sniffle* I have a cold.

Where did you get the idea for this story? What was your inspiration?
This is really something that popped into my head. I suppose it's a loose interpretation of what my idea of an Amish culture would be like, but with less restrictions.

Is there anything you would want readers to know specifically?
I guess I would like them to keep an open mind and not place their own cultural norms/views on the character. Bella is an adult in this story and has chosen to participate in this way of life. She's not a victim.

Why should readers read your story?
It's entertaining and it's something different...I hope.

Any more fic plans in the future?
I believe I have a few more up my sleeve...

What actor/actress do you picture as Ed/Bella
Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart. I can't help it. They were on the cover of my Twilight book when I discovered this madness.

Do you believe in HEA?
Oh yes! Life is hard enough not to be able to say "aaahhh" at the end of a story.

So you do anything special while writing a chapter like listen to special music need total silence eat a bag of M&Ms whatever ...
I like to sit in my bed. It has to be totally silent and I usually write best at night.

Is the story all planned out or do you do it as a fly by the seat of your pants thing?
Well, I don't use outlines or anything like that. I know how the story begins and how it ends. I let the middle evolve. It's the way I've always done it, and it'll most likely be the way I always write.

Do you have a posting schedule ? If so, what is it ?
I update weekly. It might not be on the same day every week, but I do update weekly.

Are there any questions about your fic that you WISH people would ask?
At this point, I think I've gotten every question, LOL! And I really love the reviews where people tell me they didn't want to read the story, or the premise makes them nervous but they'll stick with it because I said there isn't any abuse in the story. And while that is true, I really want readers to understand that Edward makes mistakes. You're not expected to agree with everything he does, simply because he's the one doing it.

A few more specific Q about your fic

Is Cannabean a real religion?
Nope. Completely fictional.

Did you know that spell check does not recognize Cannabean and keeps telling me to spell it Cannabis? just thought I would point that out
Well since I added it to my dictionary, my spell check does! And don't bother googling it because you'll be sent to a bunch of sites on marijuana - the subjects are unrelated.

If there is anything you wanna share with your assorted fans have at it I know they would love to hear from you . You have a dedicated fan base!!
I would like to take this time to say thank you to everyone who has read/reviewed/rec'd this story. I am sorry that I am unable to respond to all the reviews. I try, but I can't always do it. But please know I love your words and I appreciate the time you spend with mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want a break from the usual typical Twific read this story you will not be disappointed !!!

And if you do read it, leave her some love and if you read it cause I told you to, TELL ME HEY!!!

OK, time to find the dayquil...

OH, Wednesday we are talking about another great religion themed fic

The Caged Bird by Kristen Nicole

As for Tuesday, I have no idea what I am doing but I am sure to come up with something... after I take 5 family members to the doctor (can you see I am going for pity here??)

IF you did not notice we had TWO yes TWO posts today one is a Bday greeting for Nicci one of our staff members yes all you other bloggers can be jealous I have a HUGE dedicated staff!! LOL so go say happy Bday to Nicci even if you don't know her.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment